w1d1

Options
13»

Replies

• JaneyClark1
    JaneyClark1 Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi all, so here I am, 41 years old and never really ran before, and ... today I started week 1 day 1. It felt good. I felt like I was jogging slower than I was walking. It went smoother than I thought. I took my daughter and her friend. I was barely able to keep them from lapping me....barely. looking forward to our first marathon together.

My question to you all is, how do we log this? Thank you!!
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Hi all, so here I am, 41 years old and never really ran before, and ... today I started week 1 day 1. It felt good. I felt like I was jogging slower than I was walking. It went smoother than I thought. I took my daughter and her friend. I was barely able to keep them from lapping me....barely. looking forward to our first marathon together.

My question to you all is, how do we log this? Thank you!!

I finished Week 1 day 1. I took my 2 teenage daughter. I felt good. Had to motivate my 15 year old to start but then she took off. Sending friend request to motivate.
  • JaneyClark1
    Options
    I found the same thing. My 13 year old totally did not want to go, but then I offered to take her friend along too, and they loved it!! Just watching them towards the final rounds helped motivate me to not quit! Today I walked about 3 miles to try to work out my stiffness. All and all I am feeling pretty good today though. Will be interesting tomorrow when I do day 2. Got your friend request, thank you!
  • JaneyClark1
    Options
    Hi All,
    I feel so good today, I am a little stiff but good. I am looking for C25k Friends for motivation and support. Feel free to friend me.

Thank you!
  • lolagranola1
    lolagranola1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have started c25k again. I did it last year, but as the weather and jobs changed, i faded out of the run. So I'm back at it, and knowing all my kinks from the first time. I am thankful for that! I did find a post workout recovery drink that is amazing and helps my body heal after my intervals. It's called afterglow, i get it at gnc. I never was a fan of these types oc products in the past and was a no pain no gain kind of girl. But there is an enzyme in that drink that eats lactic acid. And it makes a huge difference in how i feel after my runs. I usually repeat each week. So this is my second week 1. Lol... i also soak in epson salt baths after the run. Imperitive to drink a lot of water as the salt will dehydrate you. But your body absorbs magnesium from the water and its a natural muscle relaxer. I am all for masages and salt soaks!
    Yall keep up the hard work!
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Anyone just starting c25k or looking to start and looking for an accountability/motivation partner? I'm ready to start. Add and message me! smile:
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I did w1d1 today. Its my 2nd crack at this. I got as far as the week 5 20 minute run last time & couldn't make it through so I gave up. I"m determined to make it this time, no matter how slow I have to run, or how many times I have to redo a week. I will finish! I'll be 50 in just over a year & have about 50 lbs to lose. Anyone else in my boat? Feel free to add me.