Side Dishes

Options
KaysKidz
KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
I want steak for dinner....but need a low carb side dish, besides salad or brocolli and cauliflower. Suggestions?

Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Asparagus, mushrooms, grilled baby tomatoes.... yum!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Creamed spinach, mushrooms, green beans, peppers, avocados, eggplant, zoodles, or just plain fried eggs :)
  • KaysKidz
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Asparagus, mushroom, grilled baby tomatoes.... yum!

Yuck! LOL Well, that is 2 the first 2 for me. Hubby won't eat #3. I'm thinking a tomato salad (tomato and mayo and seasoning) and deviled eggs. :smiley:
  • KaysKidz
    Options
    GSD_Mama wrote: »
    Creamed spinach, mushrooms, green beans, peppers, avocados, eggplant, zoodles, or just plain fried eggs :)

Avos I will do, and I love peppers....what is zoodles?
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    A smaller steak? :D
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Just asking - why do you need a side dish? Sometimes I make them, sometimes I don't...even for my guy. Usually he's got some rice or bread and junk in the fridge I can warm up to go with his.... and if I make a luxurious sauce, I almost never bother with a side dish... LOL Enjoy whatever you make.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    GSD_Mama wrote: »

Yes!!!!
    I almost forgot how amazing steak and eggs are!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Zoodles are spiralized zucchini, I cook them with olive oil, bacon grease, or bacon, garlic, lemon zest, Parmesan cheese salt and pepper :)
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Shrimp? Lobster?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Shrimp? Lobster?

200_s.gif
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    KaysKidz wrote: »
    I want steak for dinner....but need a low carb side dish, besides salad or brocolli and cauliflower. Suggestions?

Sauteed mushrooms in lots of butter
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Radishes
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    MMMM, MMMMM, good! Bloody steak pairs well with sauteed mushrooms (cooked in bacon grease or lard if you have it), pour any blood over the steak, then put a big hunk of blue cheese on top.
    Eat.
    Be satisfied.
  • KaysKidz
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Just asking - why do you need a side dish?

Cause I have 4 kids, and I'm not cooking 2 different ways! So they eat what we eat. And I want variety on my plate. Not just one thing. That gets boring.

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    A shrimp & veggie stir fry.
  • aholt7286
    aholt7286 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    green beans cooked with bacon, sautéed spinach and bacon, roasted brussel sprouts with bacon, cabbage with bacon..........oh, wait............
  • SazzySuze
    SazzySuze Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    KaysKidz wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Just asking - why do you need a side dish?

Cause I have 4 kids, and I'm not cooking 2 different ways! So they eat what we eat. And I want variety on my plate. Not just one thing. That gets boring.
    I have to have side dishes, too. I'm not cooking just for me. I'm cooking for a family, like you say. That makes things more difficult. And Mt family and I have ALWAYS had side dishes.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »

Yes, I do mean myoglobin, but most folks associate the word bloody with the rareness of the meat and the red juice that's left in the pan, and well, the word myoglobin sounds like a chemical. LOL!

I do enjoy your sense of humor, kirkor. I giggled at your response.

• nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This zucchini bake is good...I'm not sure how low of carbs you are trying to keep, but everyone enjoyed this:
    http://kalynsprintablerecipes.blogspot.com/2011/07/easy-cheesy-zucchini-bake.html

I didn't use low fat cheese though.