Extra arm skin/fat

2»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    slimzandra wrote: »
    Teneko, hit upon my cure ..."women's clothing manufacturers...some teensy little sleeve cap instead of an actual "short sleeve" like men's shirts get!"
    So, I wear men's short sleeve shirts, picking the pinks and florals,, pretty designs. Mens shirts are so much cheaper in the stores anyway and in the feminine colors they are always in the clearance sections - double bonus. I'm a bit chesty so women's button downs at work make me feel very self conscious, I'm always checking the gap or need to tape it shut. If you are handy at sewing, cut the bottom of a man's shirt and use the material make a wrap waist or tailor the sides. I don't care for the darts anyway and I get the sleeve coverage I want without looking like I'm hiding anything. (not me in the pic. but I wear that look with a cami under)
    lv9gnqvdq03i.jpg

I've got a chambray shirt of my guy's that's too big for him that I love. I'm totally going to figure out how to do the wrap thing with it!!! So excited to figure this out! Anyone know a quick and dirty of how to convert this to a wrap? I'm pretty handy sewing, so I'd only need the basic info... TIA... I don't know that I've ever made a wrap pattern before.
  • gemberly
    gemberly Posts: 67 Member
    DittoDan wrote: »
    I studied doing Bariatrics for a while and that happened to a lot of people who lost 100+ lbs. I saw somewhere that it takes about 2-3 years for your body to pull it all back in. I saw some before and after pics. Google Bariatrics loose skin and see if you can find some websites or pics. And I think if you do the same on youtube you'll find something. (If you do, post it here too).

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Fat Head (the History of the Demonization of Saturated Fat)
    What If We're Wrong about Diabetes? Peter Attia
    First Do No Harm, A video that shows how the Ketogenic diet cures epilepsy. Meryl Streep

Thanks Dan!
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Cute! Neat ideas. :smiley:

-T.