Motivation needed- How much have you lost so far?

Options

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I work out but not for a weight loss, I just want to be fir and have a lean body. I don't run, but I do light weights, strength and cardio at home
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    To be fit that is
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bebe6740 wrote: »
    Do you all work out super hard as well? Cardio/weights?

Weight loss is at least 90% diet. But many of us here that started out sedentary realized that we had more energy on low carb and a desire to improve health in general after some weight started falling off, so a lot of exercise eventually comes from those things :) But diet for the scale, exercise when you're ready for all of the other health benefits it offers. Switching to low carb is a big change if you've never done it before, if you aren't very active now don't feel pressured to change that immediately as well.

• minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started out at 115kg/253.5lbs on Jan 1st of this year. I am 4'11" so that is very large (BMI over 50).

I didn't start out even knowing about low carb but by cutting bread etc out I was naturally under 70g of carbs per day anyway. I dropped down to under 20g per day about 10 weeks ago I think? I don't really keep track of time all that well.

As of today I have lost 29.5kg. I weigh about 188lbs now I think (I don't use pounds). I don't work out all the time and I'm fairly sedentary by nature. I did do 13,000 steps today but it wasn't fun haha.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have lost 11.7 kg, since 2013 on low carbs of less than 50-80 grams per day, high fat and moderate protein. I just got an InBody machine scan today, at my health checkup. In 2008, it shows I was 81.7 kg, with 30.7% body fat mass. Today I was 70.0 kg and 18.6% body fat mass! Woohoo, love this way of eating! Celebrated with a whole avocado, a salad and fried chicken for lunch. :) I'm 58 and female, started LCHF in 2013.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    After being LCHF for the last 8 months and not losing any weight for the last 90 days over the past 10 days I have lost 3 pounds. I eat a lot of calories but to lose weight I have to stop eating by 5 PM daily. My late snack tonight was a cup of green tea and three large pieces of celery which I think is about 20 calories. Tonight I did drink a slug of the heavy whipping cream so that may have been 200 calories. To drink the quart would be about 3200 calories. :)
  • iam4life
    iam4life Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing I haven't lost much weight in the four months I've been eating low-carb. I don't weigh myself, but my clothes fit about the same. I'm assuming my body is either healing itself or has found my natural, healthy weight (at about 150lb or so--I'm 5'7")

But low carb has so many advantages that I'm sticking with it. I did see more improvements with the meat-only challenge, but it made me cantankerous and grumpy, so I quit. Good luck!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    90 lbs in 355-odd days.
    252lb to 162lb.
  • SazzySuze
    SazzySuze Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    12.8 in 5 weeks. Not much, but I did a fair amount of cheating the first 3 weeks. This group helped me get a much better handle on things, and now I'm !much more consistent. Welcome to this new WOL!
    Not much? Really? I've only lost about 4 pounds in the past 5 weeks and I've been fairly consistent throughout. Don't sell yourself short.
  • Bebe6740
    Bebe6740 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    HOLY MOLY! There are some big losses in this group! Well, even the small .5 losses are something to celebrate!!..

I've lost 4.6 lbs since May 1st, weighed in today at my my lowest weight this year so far, so that felt great. I just started LC this past Monday the 18th, so I'm hoping that it will help speed things up a bit. Let's be honest too though, eating LC can actually be 'yummy'!, so both my husband and I are really enjoying it so far. Since Monday he's lost about 4 kilos (8.8 pounds I believe), probably most of it water, but still.

Reading about everyone's success, regardless of how 'small', is extremely encouraging! Thank you all!!

More stories are welcome too!!
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This is such a great, thread! So inspiring. I'm on my 3rd week of low carb eating so this is just what I need to keep me motivated. Not much to report yet on the scale since I didn't weigh myself until two weeks in, but I hope to have losses to report soon. :)
  • jonesphotog
    jonesphotog Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm staying at 30 carbs or less per day. Since Nov 1 2014 I'm down 97 pounds.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm staying at 30 carbs or less per day. Since Nov 1 2014 I'm down 97 pounds.

Good greif Batman! That's amazing!
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Soon2BeMrsSherriff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Since January 1st 2015 I have lost 20lbs. Only the past week has been low carb. I really do feel better throughout the day. I am very lucky because just in the last week I have lost 2 inches from my waist and down one pant size(almost down one more)!!
  • Bebe6740
    Bebe6740 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is all amazing stuff! I think part of our weight loss success will be reading about everyone's success as we continue on our own weight loss journeys, slowly but steady. These words are encouragement straight for the soul!

I do read that most of you are doing keto (staying under 20 carbs), and you are the ones that have lost the most weight- amazing!

Question- any other people doing LC but not that low, more around the 50-100 carbs a day? What has been your success so far??

Looking forward to reading more stories!

Thanks again!
    Marilyn
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Since February 19 I have lost 35 lbs. I only sporadically exercise but i really want to do more. I am having some medical issues my doc is trying to figure out but i am losing steadily and almost back to the weight i met my husband..25 pounds more. :) I WANT to lost 40 to 60 more total...but i have never been a small person so a number won't work for me until i am there.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've lost 2 dress sizes in 2 months on 50-100 carbs
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    camtosh wrote: »
    Today I was 70.0 kg and 18.6% body fat mass!
    Correction: 18.6kg of body fat, not percent.... I misread the Japanese printout :blush: But still, that is 11kg of Unsightly Fat gone, so all good! My current fat percentage is 26%.
    Question- any other people doing LC but not that low, more around the 50-100 carbs a day? What has been your success so far??
    I did that -- and it took me a year to lose 11 kg, so it is slow, but it gets the job done if you stick with it. Look at the chart on my profile, it shows the progress up and down. I did some IF and fat fast days, and they helped kickstart some losses sometimes.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I've been LCHF for almost 3 months and ketogenic levels for just over a month. Started at 231 and now 205, so 26 pounds lost, so far. Plus, the inches lost has been tremendous! The greatest victory has been a marked improvement in Fibromyalgia symptoms!!! I'm amazed at how much better I feel!!!! Now, if LCHF can go ahead and fix the headaches all would be right in my world. But it will come! I walk some for exercise but don't stress myself about it. Good luck!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Before Low Carb
    wuec85ex2agv.png

This is not even at my heaviest. It's just where I was before low-carb. Somewhere between 87-92 kg (190-200 lbs) in this photo. I don't know for sure. I did gain more before starting low carb. I started at 92.5 kg. My heaviest was around 105 kg (230 pounds).

After Low Carb
    rfnukqqnp97r.jpg

This was a few months back, at Epcot. I was around 71-72 kg (156-158 lbs) at that date. My total loss on low carb had been around 22 kg (48 pounds). I'm still trending downwards but not actively trying to lose more.