July 4th Challenge Goals

2»

Replies

• langfitness
    langfitness Posts: 13 Member
    My goal is to establish new habits: Logging my food daily, exercising daily, walking 5 miles weekly. I would like to lose at least 4 pounds. No more coach potato.
  • langfitness
    langfitness Posts: 13 Member
    P.S. July 4th is my birthday, so loosing weight will be my birthday present to me.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    P.S. July 4th is my birthday, so loosing weight will be my birthday present to me.

That's a fun added bonus for you!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I've had a week of basically being off-plan/not caring and overreacting to stress in the rest of my life, so I hope to really re-focus this week and also (as I said initially) participate more here.

Goals this week are to really be serious about calories and to focus on enjoying my workouts.

You got this! you can do this. Focus on why you are doing this, and what your end goal is. If you have a bad day then make the rest of the week good. We all have ups and downs, so you are not alone. drink water go for a walk, that helps clear the head.

• amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    lemurcat, you've might have had just "enough." You do have a whole lot going on. Enjoying your workouts and relaxing while doing them is a big key. Can you mix in some "just for enjoyment" things? I know time is limited though. I hope you can find some calm happiness in things you're doing, where ever or what ever they are.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    edited June 2015
    I've been doing well with logging and staying under my calories. I want to get some days logged. I've never gotten past 21 days in a row. This might be part of the pieces that I've been missing in the past. I missed the gym yesterday due to a medication issue. I hope tomorrow is a good day at the gym, and I'm going to try to get there a little earlier.
  • lemurcat12
    You got this! you can do this. Focus on why you are doing this, and what your end goal is. If you have a bad day then make the rest of the week good. We all have ups and downs, so you are not alone. drink water go for a walk, that helps clear the head.
    amy_kee wrote: »
    lemurcat, you've might have had just "enough." You do have a whole lot going on. Enjoying your workouts and relaxing while doing them is a big key. Can you mix in some "just for enjoyment" things? I know time is limited though. I hope you can find some calm happiness in things you're doing, where ever or what ever they are.

Thanks! I'm actually feeling much more back to normal this week, and enjoying myself again. Sometimes I think you do just have to give yourself a break.
  • lemurcat12
    Well, actually filled in my stats finally, yay. I think for miles I'm counting only running miles outdoors. I haven't been keeping track of all indoor biking/running miles and don't keep track of walking miles so couldn't add them in, and outdoor biking miles should start to pile up soon. Anyway, on the whole it's the minutes I think I'm focusing on.

How are the rest of you doing this?
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    I have a fitbit and I am using miles on my weekly report as I do not run. It tracks all steps, those doing kick, zumba and other activities.