Goals Thread - Let's hear 'em!

Options
cmchandler74
cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
I missed last week, but I want to get back on the Goals wagon.

Mine for this week:
  • Protein, protein, protein. I've found away to make this Isopure palatable, and it doesn't make me sick so yay! I want to get a minimum of 60 grams a day but I'm shooting for 70.
  • Water. 8 glasses a day. It's one of my normal weekly goals but it's so hard for me to get it all in without feeling miserable full.
  • Finish week 3 of C25K (just started Week 3 Day 1 today).

Who's next?

Replies

• cheekitty
    cheekitty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    • Get back into the routine with the gym. The holiday and work-related stress messed me up.
    • Watch the carbs. I feel better with low-carb stuff, but the siren song of bread has been calling.
    • Get some more sleep. I've really been neglecting that and finally...
    • Quit obsessing. From everything I've seen I am losing at a -very- good rate, Rome wasn't burned in a day.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me!!!
    1) Hit at least 9 glasses of water a day with the heat I think it better to hit over goal
    2) Get at least 30 mins of exercise everyday (not every other not every third) EVERYDAY!
    3) Try to hit my 600 calorie goal set by my NUT five out of seven days (I struggle getting there, I am close most days hover in the 500's)

Tag...who's up?
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My original weight goal (set by me) was 250 lbs. I'm now at 234 lbs. :)

My doctor wanted me to be between 200 & 225 lbs. When he told me that, I laughed.

I'm now shooting for that goal.

It may not sound like much, but I've already taken care of most of my eating habits. Those will change over time and I just need to adjust as my situation changes.

I'm going to be (re-)starting college soon, and if I'm able to go to the university that I would like to attend (as I know what they have available fitness wise) I have a (loose) plan as to what I'm going to do to get into better shape. Once I get there then my goals will solidify to:
    1. Create a solid fitness plan through both P.E. classes and the campus fitness center (to include the school's pools)
    2. Sign on with a personal trainer at the campus fitness center, hopefully with one that is able to deal with medical issues
    3. Find an on-campus nutritionist that is familiar with bariatrics (as I will be away from the facility that did my surgery if I attend the university I wish) to ensure I get enough protein in my diet
    4. Build a healthier body

It's just a matter of getting into the university first. From there it'll be a cinch. ;)

89019335.png
    (Quote from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams.)
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    More protein
    More water
    Run a 10K in August
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    cheekitty wrote: »
    • Get some more sleep. I've really been neglecting that and finally...
    • Quit obsessing. From everything I've seen I am losing at a -very- good rate, Rome wasn't burned in a day.

I struggle with these too!! I am always so happy for everyone who looses a pound a day and then I look at my scale and think...OH WHY! But I constantly need to remind myself we all start at different places <3
  • heathergshea
    heathergshea Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise including weights 4x per week
    2. Get 64oz of fluid in everyday
    3. Focus on today, not yesterday or next week
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Having a rough week for time management (schools out, camps haven't started, busy at work while a 7 year old tells me over and over how bored he is). And my soccer team has a bye this week, so keeping it simple:

1) 64 oz of fluid/day
    2) 60 oz of protein/day
  • valschlecht
    valschlecht Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I missed last week, but I want to get back on the Goals wagon.

Mine for this week:
    • Protein, protein, protein. I've found away to make this Isopure palatable, and it doesn't make me sick so yay! I want to get a minimum of 60 grams a day but I'm shooting for 70.
    • Water. 8 glasses a day. It's one of my normal weekly goals but it's so hard for me to get it all in without feeling miserable full.
    • Finish week 3 of C25K (just started Week 3 Day 1 today).

Who's next?

What is C25K?
  • valschlecht
    valschlecht Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are to:
    Walk 2 miles (attained yesterday).So now I need to do it daily.
    Figure out a plan for drinking 64 Oz. Everyday and doing it. .
    Invest some time in preparing delicious food instead of eating food off the shelf or in a can.
    Keep up my Bible reading plan so I stay spiritually healthy.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to get the scale moving again. I broke my journey down into smaller goals. The last goal I hit was getting to 225, I hit that about a year ago. I'm still working on getting to 200. I got as far as 222, then bounced up and am still bouncing between 225 and 230. So I'm still pursuing the same goal, get to 200. To do that I am upping protein, water and exercise.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    What is C25K?[/quote]

Couch to 5K. Its an app that helps you prepare for running a 5K.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    What is C25K?

Couch to 5K. Its an app that helps you prepare for running a 5K.[/quote]
    I love that app!! I used it to help train for a 5K and it was awesome! And let me tell you that I'm no runner. Now I'm using the 10K one. So far so good!
  • cmchandler74
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What is C25K?

It's an app you can download that measures out how to train for a 5K at a good pace. For instance, the first week has you walk for 5 minutes, then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. You do that for 3 days during the first week.

Second week is 5 minute warmup walk, alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for 20 minutes. You do that for 3 days during week 2.

This week, I have to do the 5 minute warmup walk, jog for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, jog for 3 minutes, walk for 3 minutes and then repeat that sequence again for all three days.

It gradually builds up your endurance over an 8-week period until you can run a 5K. And if you don't make it through a day, you can just repeat it until you do so you can really go at your own pace if needed.
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My goals are:
    1. Drink more water in each day.
    2. Watch my carb intake as I try to introduce new foods in to my diet.
    3. Stay motivated to lose the remaining weight I need to lose and be patient.
    4. Not get frustrated with body size change and needing new clothes.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Wow. Goals. It's been 2 years and 8 months since I had my RNY. I did great, I think. Last month a gym FINALLY came to my hometown--I waited three years! I have been there every day, except one. I lost all my weight within the first year. I gained about 8 pounds the second year and honestly couldn't figure out WHY. I was still following everything and doing all the exercise I could muster without a gym membership. Recently got a Fitbit Charge AND had an RMR test at my surgeon's office. Turns out I have a high metabolic rate and was eating far too little. So my goals changed. I am eating more, exercising more intensely, using the Fitbit to my advantage, sleeping better...and the weight is starting to come back off. So shocked that I can eat and not be hungry now. Who would have thought that ME, a person who used to be sluggish and overweight now has a fast metabolic rate that requires FOOD? So my goals at this stage are to eat enough, exercise more intensely, sleep better, and stay with the program. It's called living. I am so thankful that 3 years ago I made the choice to have RNY and even more thankful for the amazing surgical team I have that still works with me today to make sure I am where I need to be.
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    1. Gym 5 days a week
    2. Water Up
    3. Carbs Down
    :smiley:
  • dzoerner
    dzoerner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Cmchandler74, what do you do to Isopure so you can drink it? I am 8 wks out and have been dealing with ulcer and stricture, so I'm not even coming close to minimums required. Tolerating liquids, so I'm drinking and not even trying solids yet. My Goals:
    1. Be grateful for weekly endoscopy with dilation and patiently wait for improvement.
    2. Downloaded app(Water My Body)to remind me to drink water (got more in today than I have in weeks)
    3. Commit to at least MOVE. Rocking in my chair is not going to get me where I dream to be.
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    I started using the Isopure in smoothies. I use berry blends so it's minimal sugar intake. I take about a cup and a half of the fruit, a cup and a half of skim milk, a half of scoop of Isopure (13 gms in a half-scoop) and, when I have it, I throw in a kale leaf or two just to have something green in there. Blend it until it's smooth and there ya go. You could also throw splenda or stevia in there if needed but I found that it's too overwhelmingly sweet for me if I do that and the fruit is usually enough. It makes a really tall cup (maybe 24 ozs?) and I have it about two hours before bedtime or, if I have enough time before heading to work, for breakfast.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Goals for June
    >> 60-80 grams protein / low carbs
    >> 10,000 steps a day (love my fitbit)
    >> Surgery June 15th
    >> Lose 10lbs
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My Goals for June: