Goals Thread - Let's hear 'em!

Options

Replies

• jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My goal for June:
    1 Drink more than 64 oz of water daily. (I found it's harder to drink while working than I thought it would be)
    2. Increase my protein from 60 to 80 most days.
    3. Eat more real food and fewer protein-supplements.
    4. Exercise regularly. Still not on a program like pre-op and so I am working up from 0 to 3-4 days per week.
  • dragonflies6
    dragonflies6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Get back on track. Been feeling down, I think because I'm getting frustrated with how long I still have to go before surgery. Trying hard not to turn to food for comfort and then I get busy at work and don't pay attention and then I'm drinking a pop or eating something crappy cuz I'm tired.
  • MissMissie1987
    MissMissie1987 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week include:
    *70-80 g of protein
    *70+ oz of water
    *Join gym and go 3x a week
    *Spend quality time with my husband, not just watching tv
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    For this week, I want to:
    • Get in more protein (still not getting between 60-70 gms)
    • Hit water goal of 64 oz. every day this week
    • Conquer week 4 of C25K
    • Try some new, healthy recipes
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    For this week:
    --Be an active participant in my process, stop the complacency that has begun to creep in
    --Exercise 4 days
    --Track my eating, every bite and every sip
    --Focus on my water

Thanks for this thread!!
  • bookerlr
    bookerlr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Goals for June:
    1) Drink 64 oz of water each day
    2) Try a new activity each week.
    3) Stay under 1,000 calories. (Nervous about this one)
  • gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For June I'd love to...

...get more consistent with my workouts (which will be easier now that the kids are finished with soccer)
    ...drink at least 4 glasses of plain water a day (my pouch sometimes doesn't like plain water)
    ...be more active with my husband and kids in the evenings and on weekends
  • valschlecht
    valschlecht Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For June I'd love to...

...drink at least 4 glasses of plain water a day (my pouch sometimes doesn't like plain water)

Yeah! Why is that? Isn't water supposed to be the easiest on your stomach? I find it really hard, but tea, crystal light, milk, etc. all go down fine. Only I feel like water is better for me. Is it?
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Get back on track. Been feeling down, I think because I'm getting frustrated with how long I still have to go before surgery. Trying hard not to turn to food for comfort and then I get busy at work and don't pay attention and then I'm drinking a pop or eating something crappy cuz I'm tired.

Surgery will be here before you know it. Losing as much as you can before surgery will help you have a more successful procedure and recovery. It's also a great opportunity to ingrain those new habits. It won't always be a 'perfect day' but taking one day at a time and making it the best you can will get your mind and body in the best condition possible before the big day. I've been feeling ambivalent about my surgery which is coming up in 13 days. I'm trying to drop another 5 lbs before then and I'm struggling with 'food mourning'. I keep thinking "oh I should eat this or that since I may never be able to eat it again, or it will be months before I can have that again". So today I'm concentrating on the fact that I've eaten ENOUGH of all of that to last me a few months so no last hooray binging for me. You got this. Every day is a fresh start so if you have a bad moment get right back at it. When are you scheduled for surgery?
  • gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For June I'd love to...

Yeah! Why is that? Isn't water supposed to be the easiest on your stomach? I find it really hard, but tea, crystal light, milk, etc. all go down fine. Only I feel like water is better for me. Is it?

The surface tension of plain water is greater than any other liquid...hence the issues and the unhappy pouch.
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to quantify my goals for this week. I'm working towards a 36 minute 5K, but I'm not quite there yet. Maybe this week, maybe next--maybe not a few weeks. I can run 1.5-2 miles at 5mph right now, and the rest at 4.5 (I'm running 3.5 miles at a stretch, though, without walking.)

Other than that--just making sure I net around 700 cal a day and making sure I don't accidentally drink too close to food.
  • DiamondRidge
    DiamondRidge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like this thread...

This week my focus is on reaching the 1300-1500 calories per day goal that my nutritionist wants me at, faithfully getting up each morning and getting my runs in, and logging 20 run miles this week.

This month my main focus is my running - getting through the next 5 weeks of my marathon training program without injury, learning to take ice baths, and fueling my body appropriately for how I am using it.

"Long-ish" term goals: Be at 100% of excess weight lost by my first surgiversary (8/26/15), get my body fat percentage down to 27% by 8/26/15 (currently at 30.2% - down from 49.7%pre-op), run my September half marathon in less than 2:15:00, successfully finish my first full marathon (Chicago on 10/11/2015).

Stretch goals: Reach my personal weight goal of 130lbs before the New Year (37 pounds to go). Boston qualify (would need to run Chicago in 3:40:00 - about a minute/mile off of my current pace).
  • dragonflies6
    dragonflies6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    RENAEJAE wrote: »

Surgery will be here before you know it. Losing as much as you can before surgery will help you have a more successful procedure and recovery. It's also a great opportunity to ingrain those new habits. It won't always be a 'perfect day' but taking one day at a time and making it the best you can will get your mind and body in the best condition possible before the big day. I've been feeling ambivalent about my surgery which is coming up in 13 days. I'm trying to drop another 5 lbs before then and I'm struggling with 'food mourning'. I keep thinking "oh I should eat this or that since I may never be able to eat it again, or it will be months before I can have that again". So today I'm concentrating on the fact that I've eaten ENOUGH of all of that to last me a few months so no last hooray binging for me. You got this. Every day is a fresh start so if you have a bad moment get right back at it. When are you scheduled for surgery?

My surgery is not scheduled yet. My husband is also having surgery and he is going to have his first, he had never had surgery before. And I plan to have mine about a month later. Only thing we both have left to do is our sleep study. So realistically I will not have surgery until August or September.
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    OK, y'all. Midweek check!
    I've hit my water goals each day, so far so good with C25K week 4, and I actually managed to hit my protein goal two days straight with the help of my new best friend, cottage cheese.
    How's everyone else doing?
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hitting my water everyday except one, hitting my calorie goals and ROCKING my protein ( I have been having a quest bar cookie every night if I am light - you bake a quest bar for 6mins at 400 degrees, some nights I need a half some just a quarter). I have missed on the exercise twice! But when I hit it I am hitting it hard, does that count ;)
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just checking in! So far so good! Water is up and carbs are... Carbs! still working getting consistent with that!! Hitting the gym and getting walks in too!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    Options
    I am deliciously close to my 36-min 5k. Today I ran 3.25 in 38.08...I think I did the actual 5K in 37 and a couple of seconds. Today I inched up my speed the last half mile to 5.1. Friday or Saturday I'll try to get it to the whole mile, and I think I'll have it!
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    Conquered Week 4 of C25K! Nailed it!
    Holy cow, though. Next week is going to be a bear. And I swear, when I jog, I feel like a snail could look like Speedy Gonzales in comparison to the pace I'm setting.
  • 5BeautifulDays
    Options
    Ugh, so sore yesterday and today, and coming down with a cold. :( No 36 min 5K this week. I did a 3.25 in 40 minutes yesterday and took a yoga class today to stretch and rest.

If I feel good tomorrow, I'll run. Otherwise, it's a walking rest day.

Good work on week 4, cmchandler!
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    June goals:

Make it through the 2 weeks post-op liquid diet.

Keep trying to increase the water. I hate water and never drank it. Crystal Light or anything else doesn't help.