recepies for snacks, and treats

Options
2»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    I've been playing around with tea-based gummy bear-type treats, homemade with minimal sweetener and relatively high protein. Add in coconut cream or butter if you want to increase the fat content. Lots of recipes online in the Paleo blogs.

I think it is @Teneko has perfected making these with teas as the flavoring!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    PBI - Oooh id love the recipe for the tea-based gummy bears.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    PBI - Oooh id love the recipe for the tea-based gummy bears.

I've been using 8oz of puréed fruit, 1cup of strong tea (5 bags or so per cup), and 2 oz of Great Lakes gelatin (red tin). Strawberry purée and hibiscus-strawberry tea are my favorites so far.

Makes about 14. ounces of Gummies. I enter it as a recipe in MFP and it calculates the protein and carbs. Off the top of my head I think it's about 16gm protein and 5 carbs per ounce? I'll double check for you.

I don't use artificial sweeteners, hence the fruit to add some sweetness.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Oops I was off, it's 6.4gm protein and 1.2gm carb per ounce of Gummies.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cheesy, thats great. What do they taste like? Do you think my 3 year old might like them or are they nothing like regular gummy sweets? Id love to get my boy to lower his sugar intake - hes a real carb monster and just will not try anything remotely healthy.

What molds do you use for them?