Thyroid Diet Secrets:

Options
13»

Replies

• RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Mine came out much higher than MFP for me....I'm too 'scared' to eat that much.....
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Mine came out much higher than MFP for me....I'm too 'scared' to eat that much.
    Weight loss takes a whole lot of trial & error to find what works for you. And your goal should be to find the maximum number of calories at which you lose weight, not the minimum.

So try the higher number for two weeks, then reevaluate. (My number is close to my gross MFP calories, not net, so if you don't lose try another two weeks without eating back your exercise calories, then reevaluate again.)

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Edited to add that the closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. That's just how the human body works. With only 30 lb. to lose, do not set your goal any higher than 1 lb. per week.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Holy. MFP gave me 1500 cals per day to lose 1.5lb. This little web chart thingie gives me 2400 cals per day to lose 1lb. >.< That's quite the difference.
  • kcvance
    kcvance Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This was actually pretty close for me - 1245 per day to maintain. I am eating 1300-ish (net) each day and seem to be maintaining - I work out hard, though, and eat back EVERY SINGLE exercise calorie (tracked through an HRM and with a fitbit).
  • Shalini_15
    Shalini_15 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    As few of you have asked, where do you add in the activity factor as considered in TDEE? or is it calculation based on TDEE minus 200 (thyroid affect)? But then again, you eat low your metabolism goes lower :(.
  • BWinsto1
    BWinsto1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Being aware of your calorie intake is NOT necessary to lose weight, as long as you eat in a certain way.

http://authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/