Just One June - June 1 (Initial Check-In)

Options
Dragonwolf
Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
A new month already, can you believe it?

This month is a little something for everyone, made possible by being completely your choice of what you do!

The rule is simple -- pick one thing, and one thing only, to change this month. Whether it's cutting something out or adding something in, it doesn't matter.

For this check-in, what you're changing is required. Everything else is optional, but it might be good to state what you hope to see from this change, why you picked what you did, and where you're currently at on whatever metrics you choose.

Have fun!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm back to cutting out my fake desserts. I saw amazing progress when I stopped eating fat bombs, cheesecake stuff, and mousse, but I let it creep back in over the long holiday, sliding that scale up again. I use barely sweetened tea or chewing gum (both of which AS don't affect me the same), and I still use the AS in my LOADED TEA, but the fake sweets have got to go - or be limited to 2 TBSP a day. Typically if I have any, it starts as a single TBSP and ends up as 5 or 12... I have no control over them, so they have to go.

I hope to see forward progress again (got back down to 240, had a dream I went to 239, but actually the scale was back up to 244.2 today, and I wanted to cry)...on the scale and all other factors.

So:
    Current Weight: 244.2
    Goal Weight: 235 by end of month (I know that 4 pounds should be water weight, so 5 pounds in a month should be reasonable).

I'll have to measure inches and add to this post later.
  • KDRockstar
    KDRockstar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am very new to the low carb life (actually just on day 2). I want to add one workout a day and commit to it. Whether it is a walk or yoga, I need to do something active every. single. day. This will help my physical fitness overall, and I hope that it will affect my ability to cope with stress.

I've been part of exercise groups, but this is a lifestyle change. I need to be more active. Period. This will make it easier to measure.

Current weight: 208.6
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I am happy with my food and weight. So, there's no goal there.

I am going to walk my dogs every day of June, unless I am not home, in which case I will hit at least 11,500 steps minimum to compensate. It's not even that I need the walking all that much. I just know my dogs are happy to get to see the neighborhood more often.

It will help a little, because without work, my steps and "tracked" activity goes down. I don't actually do less, but I forget to wear my fitbit and pay attention to what I do during the summer.
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'd like to consistently workout 4 times a week - 2 lifting days, 2 yoga days.

I have an issue with workout consistency. I'll go 5-6 days a week for 2-3 weeks, then take 2-3 weeks and do nothing.

I've been plateaued at 160 for about 5 weeks, and would like to get to 158 by the end of June.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be adding one non-animal product food item back in per day and see how I fare as compared to the last month. I didn't stick to meativore 100% but every time I went off, I got ill. I want to see if I can eat other things or if my body says the only good carb is a dairy carb.

So my plan is to eat meativore primarily, but have a vegetable once per day, or a frankenfood, or an alcoholic beverage, stuff like that. My carb limit is going to be 20g total carbs. Prefer to keep my sugars to 10g or less, but if I'm only doing one item per day I want it closer to 5g. In the case of vegetables the carbs will be high quality, not so much the other two. ;)

I know my process is not very scientific at all but my hypothesis is that my scale results will taper off and plateau with the extra junk. It'd be nice to be wrong. With summer on the horizon, there are a lot of fun recipes I want to try. I will NOT be continuing this through June if every little thing I consume makes me ill, I hope you'll forgive me. ;)

Mostly I want to add back in the things I've been missing during May, the things that my brain is trying to convince me will help me enjoy the summer more.

Of course if the extra veggies keep getting thrown out like they were in April (when I was VLC), I'll stop, to save the $.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Swim at least 2x a week in addition to my walking 10K steps. My gym just opened the outdoor pool I went last night and did 7 laps. Hoot. Shooting for 1-1.5 lbs lost a week. Slow and steady... I still have 216 days to finish my NYs resolution!
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in! For June I want to continue in ketosis but I want to add some daily exercise....usually it will just be a 45 minute morning walk with my dog....but that is more than I have been doing! Losing 5-7 lbs would be awesome...but the longer I am HFLC the more I am realizing that this is a WOE that I can live with long-term, that makes me feel good, and that the scale really is a lying mcliarpants!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I only started my meativore month a week ago so that's my challenge for June. When I get to one month I may decide to do another week or start introducing some low carb veggies.

I want to see if I can overcome my lingering mental addiction to carbs and if, when I go back to LCHF again, I can eat low carb veggies and fruits without them increasing my craving for other, not-so-good carbs.
  • abi111
    abi111 Posts: 50 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am going to cut out AS. i eat far too much sugar free mints, gum and drinks and the carbs really add up. It will save me money too as well as being better for me.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm adding in kettlebells 3 times a week. Now that I've got a good handle on the eating, it's time to add some strength training and try to get back some of the lean body mass I've lost from years of yo-yo dieting.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I think this month, I'm going to focus on finding out and fixing what's going on with my hips. I hate not being able to run when I feel like it and hate even more that I can't weight lift.
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the meativore challenge in May and I failed miserably. Clearly I was not ready. My macros were very all over the place.

Last Friday I started the basic keto; less than 20 gr of carbs with no exercise. (a big deal for me as I workout 5-6 days per week). Here I am a week later still under 20 gr. a day consistently.... Yay!!

So my goal for June is to continue with the less than 20 gr of carbs a day and at some point slowly re-introduce
    my strength training and cycling. Losing 5 lbs this month would be great.

Good luck everyone!
  • LindseyGyger
    LindseyGyger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on the Keto diet for 4 weeks now and lost 14 pounds. I am proud of myself but the weight loss isn't going fast enough for me to get ready for my wedding. This month I am going to incorporate exercise into my routine, and try to go to the gym 2-3 times a week. I have been suffering with some health problems that has limited me from exercising, but I will try to work on that this month! Thanks everyone for the inspiration!
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I will do some form of exercise at least 5 days a week. Most probably walking and weight training. I have a pretty well stocked home gym that my hubby put together a couple of years ago so no need to join a gym. I walk quite a bit already but I want to increase my mileage significantly. Maybe up to 25km a week. I hope to get from 84kg to 82kg this month.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    I think this month, I'm going to focus on finding out and fixing what's going on with my hips. I hate not being able to run when I feel like it and hate even more that I can't weight lift.

Seen Kelly Starrett's stuff?
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go to the gym 2x a week and lift heavy weights. I will also hit 10,000 steps a day without fail (I already do this 6/7 days a week but I'll push for the full works!)
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Just One June.

I'm going to stretch everyday. A proper stretching routine. I'm a qualified massage therapist. I've worked with a physio, sports med doc and sports teams. I know how to do this. I just need to do it. Especially for my hips/back.

Stretches. Adding them to my day.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I will make it my goal to get 10,000 steps per day. Even if I have to do circles in my front yard at 8 P.M. :D
  • daniellemanuel31
    daniellemanuel31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal for June is to consume less sugar and carbs and to get on a good workout schedule. I have a problem where I will work out for and week or so and then just not pick up the weight again.
    My weight loss goal is to be 170 by the end of the month! Last time I weighed myself i was 180... hoefully i haven't gone up...
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I have been on the Keto diet for 4 weeks now and lost 14 pounds. I am proud of myself but the weight loss isn't going fast enough for me to get ready for my wedding. This month I am going to incorporate exercise into my routine, and try to go to the gym 2-3 times a week. I have been suffering with some health problems that has limited me from exercising, but I will try to work on that this month! Thanks everyone for the inspiration!

You've averaged 3.5 pounds a week and aren't happy with that speed? While I understand the pressure of deadlines, like weddings, there is a practical limit to how much fat you can lose over a certain period of time and unless you're extremely obese, you're probably at or over it. You can't risk your health over this.

Do you really think trying to get a 2,000+ calories a day deficit is going to benefit your health now and in the future? Do you want to risk the potential health problems that come from sustaining such a large deficit?
This discussion has been closed.