JUNE 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    verdemujer wrote: »
    Well - My Biggest Loser's Challenge has a goal of 10000 steps every day this week. Some days, after a busy work day and karate, I may not be near that but I want to go to bed. Last night, I thought about it and took the dog for a walk so I could hit that step goal. I need to do that more often. For this group, I tend to want to rely on my bike miles to make my goal.

June: Goal 300
    1st: 8.48 + 22.4 = 30.88
    2nd: 7.04 + 17.4 = 24.44
    3rd: 4.26 - Total: 59.58

I think this is beautiful - any kind of challenge you can do for yourself that will make you do just a little bit more than you would have done without the challenge = big time success!! GOLD :star: for you!!
  • hkristine1
    Options
    AlethaMary wrote: »
    Going to keep aiming for that 50 mile goal this month.....one of these times I will get there.
    3.5/50 miles complete.

YES!!! Yes you will!! I :heart: the tenacity!
  • hkristine1
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:
    http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@anaconda469 - Best of luck on the half-century! When will you be doing it? I'm going to be in Central Oregon several times this summer - if I'm there at the time, would love to treat you to a beverage after you cross that finish line! :drinker:

@taxmom9093 - I'm glad you're feeling better!!
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Round 2 same day
    6/4 - 1.51 Miles on the Elliptical

MTD - 6.42 Miles
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,318 Member
    Options
    Had to do a little extra to get back caught up to the green after being a couple tenths short yesterday...walked 2.3 miles today at a good clip and with a little too much chafing.

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Adding 23 miles for 33 out of 400. I'm way behind. Time to kick it in gear. :smile:
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    new ttd 20.2 miles
  • hkristine1
    Options
    Finally on the board this month AND all the way into the green (until midnight, anyway!).

16.4 on the bike
    .1 walking
    .5 running - this was my first run in months. 8:50 pace, and it felt great! Well... not "great." But it didn't suck, which I was afraid of - so, that's why it was GREAT. It felt good to be at it. I really enjoy spin class, but it doesn't do it for me in the same way that running does. I wish running wasn't quite so hard on my body.

MTD: 17
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    June: Goal 300
    1st: 8.48 + 22.4 = 30.88
    2nd: 7.04 + 17.4 = 24.44
    3rd: 4.26
    4th: 4.67 - Total: 64.25

One more time at over 10000 steps. Now, if I can get back on the bike too. smileys-cycling-987324.gif We have a lot of really intense storms at the moment.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    6.4 mile walk/run. More walk than run :smiley:

exercise.png
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »

Now I know I have a new road bike but am apprehensive about riding in this event. My son will be with me again, but........I am scared that I will DNF again.

Now, I know nothing about cycling, despite my one cycling class yesterday, but isn't it better to DNF than not try at all? Or maybe you'll actually complete it this time?? You always blow the miles away here, so I have no doubt you have a good shot at going all the way this time.

[/quote]

In life it will always be the striving that counts . . . .
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    1st: 4.09 miles stationary bike MTD 4.09
    2nd: 4.28 miles stationary bike MTD 8.37
    3rd: 10 miles purposeful walking MTD 18.37
    4th: - 5 miles purposeful walking MTD 23.37
    5th: - 5 miles purposeful walking MTD 28.37
    Between pushing the pram, and walking 'just because' I've done 30 miles over the last 3 days - but I'm not claiming them as it wasn't to be my main method of moving my *kitten* this month

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a fab weekend. B)
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Exercises oral for

6/05

4.66 miles (one legged biking) and. 5 miles (arm bike machine)

Total 9.66 miles for today

36.66 miles done and 63.34 miles to go... :)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

exercise.png

10 miles done
    40 total
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Adding 7 miles today. MTD - 14.7/60
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Added 4.5 miles today for a June total of 22.25 miles.

exercise.png

@anaconda469 I know last year was really hard on you, but I'm sure you will be fine this year. Try to relax and trust your training to get you through. Plus, in my book, just going back again this year is courageous. I really do hope you can relax and enjoy the ride.

@hkristine1 I'm glad the run felt good. Just try to be kind to your body too.

Hope Everyone Has a Great Weekend!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got in 2 today pushing the grandson in the baby jogger!

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Now on to business, got a great ride in today. I also signed up for the 1/2 century cancer bike ride in Central Oregon next month. As a cancer survivor this one is extremely important to me. Some of you might remember last year that after 3 crashes in the first 7 miles (MTB) that I made it to 36 miles and went DNF with injuries. Now I know I have a new road bike but am apprehensive about riding in this event. My son will be with me again, but........I am scared that I will DNF again. I live in the valley, this ride will be on the high desert elevation 3800 feet. Elevation gain of over 2400 feet, not sure how to train for it. I will go, and suck it up and ride, I just hope I can get comfortable and enjoy the ride.

06/01 - 2.0 miles walking
    06/02 - 2.0 miles walking
    06/03 - 14.0 miles cycling
    06/04 - 15.0 miles cycling

Total: 33.0 miles

exercise.png

Congratulations on being a survivor. I can see why your event would be important to you. I will keep you in prayer that this ride is successful and that you are able to meet the challenges of the event. Just trying is an accomplishment in itself.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    June 5: 8.5 miles walking
    TTD: 49.5 miles

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,296 Member
    Options
    Got our walk in early. It was the last day of school, and there were kids everywhere!! It was great!

Fri - 6.06 miles

exercise.png

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Chris
This discussion has been closed.