June 4th begins another month in China. No pool.

Options
2»

Replies

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh ......My........Good.........Ness...........
    Hey and what your calling a 29 floor circuit seems a lot more than 29 floors!
    Either way, that is IN..........SANE........!!
    And that is all the motivation I needed to go to the pool. Off for my swim...
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. My knees hurt just thinking about all that stair climbing.
    Maybe the office manager will hurry up with finding a pool because of your new... perfume. :)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Climbing the John Hancock tower in Boston is 94 flights. So I guess I top that. But I do take a break between 29 flight sets.
    The 29 comes from 24 (from 1 to 25) plus another 5 when I go back up from 20 to 25 before going back down to 1.
    Rumor is the offices are moving down to the 4th within the next year. That will only change the starting point. Assuming I haven't gotten tire of this traveling crap and gone for a job with no travel. The only travel I did at my previous job was one trip up to Boston. And that was a treat because I stayed with my brother and his family for the week and got to go train at my old school. That was before I was medically retired from training.
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Climbing the John Hancock tower in Boston is 94 flights. So I guess I top that. But I do take a break between 29 flight sets.
    The 29 comes from 24 (from 1 to 25) plus another 5 when I go back up from 20 to 25 before going back down to 1.
    Rumor is the offices are moving down to the 4th within the next year. That will only change the starting point. Assuming I haven't gotten tire of this traveling crap and gone for a job with no travel. The only travel I did at my previous job was one trip up to Boston. And that was a treat because I stayed with my brother and his family for the week and got to go train at my old school. That was before I was medically retired from training.
    So when you count 29 flights of stairs that includes the way up and down, the same way you count laps in the pool as one being there and back?

• fishgutzy
    edited June 2015
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    So when you count 29 flights of stairs that includes the way up and down, the same way you count laps in the pool as one being there and back?
    Yes. Up and down. I even worked up a spread sheet to calculate the vertical climb. :) Approximately 1380 vertical feet.

Next trip, they are getting me a pool membership. The CEO finally got the message that I really do need it. So do his other employees. This way I can get to work nice and clean, not stinky sweaty all day :) And not cranky from the pain in my feet. Ha.
    It helped that my direct manager from the US was here this trip too and saw the way I limp around the apartment every night.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Gutzy, hooray!!!!! Way to work those stairs though! I think we're all relieved for you (for different reasons than your colleagues, lol). Welcome back to the pool! When can you start? :)
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Excellent
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Good!
  • AquaticQuests
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So that is 232 flights of stairs (per day) by my count (ie going one way)!
    Can't get my mind round that - two...hundred...and...thirty...two (said with Homer Simpson's voice) LOL!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    I'm BAAAAACK! again.
    I think the sweaty in the office helped push the pool issue. Next trip, one of the office managers is taking me to a pool to sign up. :) Sometimes passive aggressive works.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, now get wet.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    4 days in a row now. 4 miles today. 141 laps.
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    W00t! Welcome back to chlorine land!