Filling Breakfasts

Options
lizhardman118
lizhardman118 Posts: 13 Member
hello ~
Anyone have some healthy ideas that are quick for a filling breakfast ?
Can't wait to hear your ideas :)

Replies

• happygolucky721
    happygolucky721 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, eggs (can hardboil dozen for the week), cottage cheese + fruit.
  • PhysicsOnIce
    PhysicsOnIce Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorite breakfast is a low fat Greek yoghurt (170g) with a bit of fruit and a bit of oatmeal thrown in or if I don't have Greek yoghurt then cottage cheese with fruit. Keeps me full for about 3 hours.
  • cheliebee
    cheliebee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I usually make eggs in a muffin pan, freeze in ziplock and heat up for 15-30 seconds like this recipe. Add some toast or oatmeal.
  • ekharris84
    ekharris84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cut up fruit and non-fat greek yogurt (same container fruit on bottom) with hard boiled egg or whole wheat toast (whatever you are focusing on eating/not-eating).
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, I have tried high protein breakfasts and all sorts of stuff. Eventually I bought carnation breakfast essentials (sugar free, chocolate) and that is the only thing that keeps me full until lunch time. I used to make breakfast sandwiches for the entire week on Sunday, I'd wake up and make eggs or toast with peanut butter, blah blah blah. It's fast (I mix it while preparing my lunch for the day) and easy to drink (I drink it while doing my morning stretches with my cat).

Calories
    Packet: 60
    With One Cup Milk: 150

Calories From Fat

I'm sure liquid breakfast isn't right for everyone but it's the only thing I can stick to without wanting to eat every ten minutes at work!
  • KariFreeman2
    KariFreeman2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I tend to be boring... oatmeal and my cappuccino (Kuric) around 250 cals
  • body_in_progress
    body_in_progress Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie called the Flat Belly Smoothie and it keeps me full till (pretty much) lunch time.

85 grams vanilla non-fat Greek yoghurt
    1 tablespoon almond butter
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 cup frozen pineapple
    1 cup kale
    3/4 cup water

(I also add 1 tsp Chia Seeds to help keep me full)

DIRECTIONS

Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
    Enjoy immediately.
    Makes one serving.

283 Calories
  • jim76p
    jim76p Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually have a rotation of three different things. First is 1 cup of non fat plain Greek yogurt with 1/3 cup of Kind granola( I like the maple clusters) with a tsp of pure maple syrup drizzled on top. Second is overnight oatmeal. 1/4 c old fashioned oats, 1/4 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt, 1/3 c almond milk, tbls PB2, 1 and a 1/2 tsp chia seeds, a tsp honey and one chopped banana. Mix all together in a jar and let sit overnight. Last one is two eggs in a light Flat Out wrap with 1 slice of cheese and some Spike seasoning sprinkled on top. All very filling and yummy.
  • lehcarenna
    lehcarenna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought a new cereal (for me) called Hi-Low. I like the maple pecan flavor with blueberries and milk. It has only 1g sugar per 1/2 cup and 12g protein. They add soy protein to it and it ends up being quite filling because of that. And also, fast. No oven use!
  • showmanmd
    showmanmd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Half an orange and 5 strawberries. Freeze over night then throw in a blender with 1/2 cup of cold water and a dash of stevia. Blend for about 30 seconds. Only 68 calories but tastes like a whole lot more. Fills you up too. I use navel oranges as they are sweeter.
  • lissylawler
    lissylawler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :) sounds good! x
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    hello ~
    Anyone have some healthy ideas that are quick for a filling breakfast ?
    Can't wait to hear your ideas :)

I often make my breakfasts ahead of time so that I can just reheat in the morning.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    300 cal Oatmeal: real Quaker oats, 1/2 banana, 1/2 oz.chopped walnuts .

Or on my busy work days, you'll see me eat the only frozen food I'll eat which is the Jimmy Dean
    Delights bfast sandwiches. all are under 300 cals and they actually are pretty good, Decent sized, etc.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I poached 4 large eggs this morning. Threw them in a bowl with some salt and pepper. MMMM!!
  • april1may57
    april1may57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I rotate between eggs and Dannon " Triple Zero"
    No extra sugar,fat, and 15gm protein . Comes in great flavors, Coconut, banana......
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    This is what fills me up the longest but not what I have every morning. I scramble egg whites in a tupperware bowl in the microwave at work and then mix in crumbled applegate farms chicken sausage patty (also microwaved) and a little cheddar. No stove or oven required.
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of a couple of eggs or egg substitute scrambles.

spray a microwave safe dish with cooking spray, add 2 eggs or equiv. and scramble. Microwave on high for 45 seconds (your oven may vary so watch the first few times to get the right time for your microwave). That will give you some nice fluffy eggs. MIcrowave a pair of Morning start Hot and Spicy sausage patties, chop the sausage and mix with the eggs. I add a dash of hot sauce and some fresh cracked black pepper.

That is my base dish - you can add a slice of cheese if you want or if you need some carbs, scoop it all onto your whole grain bread of choice (bagel, toast, english muffin, etc). Of course, cheese and bread can be high calorie adds so choose carefully.

you can also adapt this lots of different ways - you could swap out the Morning star patties with other meat substitutes. You could add a dollop of Ketchup or better yet, a bit of chopped onion or sliced Tomato if you have time.
  • edmm66
    edmm66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to have a sachet of Quaker oat so simple and a handful of frozen blueberries with 100 mils of full fat milk and 100 mils of water. 270 CALORIES
  • ronysolis05
    ronysolis05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    4 liquid egg whites (100 cal) and 2 packets instant oatmeal (260 cal). This keeps me going for a good 3 hours, at least.
  • lisa812many
    lisa812many Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I warm up a fry pan to medium while I get dressed, then I fry 3 eggs (mixed) in a pan, split in half, put one thin slice of ham and a bit of cheese on my half, let cheese melt and then roll it in a Tumaros low carb whole wheat wrap; the other half I turn into a hamNCheese sandwich omelet for the husband (takes about 10 minutes total, you can cook in advance and nuke)

409 15 2 23 691 24