Filling Breakfasts

Options

Replies

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    k3t6rgzzohgb.jpg

On the go egg muffins: You can put whatever kind of veggie, meat and or cheese in these.
    Make a bunch ahead of time, wrap them and put them in your freezer, than just grap and go.

6 eggs whisk with some cheese, salt, pepper one or two tablespoons milk and what ever veggies you want. I put kale, spinach, onion, garlic, peppers zucchini and mushrooms, you saute the veggies in some olive oil then add to the the egg mixture and I used a ice cream scoop to fill the muffin try, makes 10 cook in oven for 20 min. oven temp 350
  • TexOkie12
    TexOkie12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    cheliebee wrote: »
    I usually make eggs in a muffin pan, freeze in ziplock and heat up for 15-30 seconds like this recipe. Add some toast or oatmeal.

Looks great & easy to make. I'm going to make up a batch on Monday. I have daughter & young granddaughters living with me now. I'm Type 2 Diabetic so I've found its better for me to prepare my food separately & ahead of time when possible. My kind of recipe! Thx
  • Samer4
    Samer4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love crushed avocado on corn crackers with poached egg and lime juice!! Keeps me going for hours!!
  • TexOkie12
    TexOkie12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've finally had a chance to make the egg muffins. I used onion, banana pepper, small Jalapeno chopped fine, shredded zucchini, sharp cheddar & fresh parsley. I also crumbled up & cooked/drained 4 sausage patties. Delicious! Thx again.
    Samer4 wrote: »
    I love crushed avocado on corn crackers with poached egg and lime juice!! Keeps me going for hours!!

• charlottem1705
    charlottem1705 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are my best friend!

80g of frozen fruit (this way it lasts longer and tastes better)
    150ml Skimmed milk
    10g raw porridge oats
    50g fat free yogurt (any flavour you want)
    1/2 tbl spoon honey (optional)

300 calories

I normally have a slice of toast and then I'm hungry in time for lunch :smile:
  • nessy246
    nessy246 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find a nice and filling breakfast is a tuna wrap... Lots of cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce and 1 serving of tuna. Keeps me full until lunch..
  • CateWright1
    CateWright1 Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Option 1: Mashed avocado on toast with crushed red pepper flakes, side of fruit

Option 2: Protein shake with unsweetened almond milk, side of fruit
  • diane1223
    diane1223 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love southwestern egg beaters and laughing cow cheese. Spray a small bowl with pam and microwave for about a minute, stir and microwave briefly till cooked. Add some strawberries or melon.
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats, which are super easy to make and no cooking time! Just take 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup milk (or yogurt), and add to it what you like. I find it's most filling with banana mushed into it, along with cinnamon, almonds, and chia seeds.
    If I have time I make eggs with toast and some pepper.
    And, my blender just broke, but I love making a protein shake in the morning! Make it extra thick by adding frozen or fresh bananas and some protein powder.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    slice of soda bread with a poached egg , cracked pepper, half tea spoon brown sauce
  • 3438nancy
    3438nancy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    love those egg muffins I usually make a frittata and cut it into squares and freeze them spinach and lowfat feta and greek olives or fresh salsa and cabot light jalepeno or leftover vegetables and sometimes black beans and corn are in my salsa and that extra fiber is more filling than usual I am so glad you reminded me about these because I was getting bored with my hard boiled eggs.
  • 3438nancy
    3438nancy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    when Im in a hurry I eat a banana with a tablespoon of peanut butter
  • Cfeinman
    Cfeinman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A favorite of mine is egg muffins...You crack an egg into a muffin tin & then stir in the veggies that you like. I like to add in sun dried tomatoes & mushrooms, sometimes just bell pepper, sometimes salsa. With these, anything goes. Super easy, you can make 12 at a time, and do 12 different flavors for a quick grab and go breakfast. =)
  • kathymtz
    kathymtz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chick muffins...12.5 oz of canned chicken (drained), 2 lg eggs, 1 tsp crushed red peppers, 1/ tsp lemon pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 cup fat free cheese, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1/4 cup chopped red onion and 2 Tbls real bacon bits..Mix all together. Spray 6 muffin tins with Pam. Divide mixture evenly and pat down. Bake at 350* for 30-35 or until brown. ENJOY!!! Each muffin has 86 calories, 3 grams fat, 423.5 sodium, 1 gram carbs and 13.8 grams of protein
  • CrysA
    CrysA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a fun ideas for breakfast. I am trying to keep it as low carb as I can but I recently developed a reaction to eating eggs. They make me soooo sick every time I eat them. I have found a re placer for things that include eggs for binders. Thanks!!!
  • mcahoon79
    mcahoon79 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yea I really like the eggs in the muffin pan recipe. I usually have this Monday -Friday while I am working. Fairly low calorie and keeps me pretty full. This is great with some fruit.
  • wendymic
    wendymic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, I have tried high protein breakfasts and all sorts of stuff. Eventually I bought carnation breakfast essentials (sugar free, chocolate) and that is the only thing that keeps me full until lunch time. I used to make breakfast sandwiches for the entire week on Sunday, I'd wake up and make eggs or toast with peanut butter, blah blah blah. It's fast (I mix it while preparing my lunch for the day) and easy to drink (I drink it while doing my morning stretches with my cat).

Calories
    Packet: 60
    With One Cup Milk: 150

Calories From Fat

I'm sure liquid breakfast isn't right for everyone but it's the only thing I can stick to without wanting to eat every ten minutes at work!

• wendymic
    wendymic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you this might help me out as well
  • moondrake
    moondrake Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For me, feeling satisfied has a lot to do with complex flavors. No amount of a single thing makes me feel satisfied. I spray a small skillet with olive oil spray, saute 2 oz pico de gallo while I chop some onion and a roma tomato. Toss those in, let them cook while I scramble two eggs, pour them on top. Flip it like an omelet, add a little fresh herbs if I have them, if not, some dried Italian seasoning mix. Top with a bit of fresh ground Himalayan sea salt and it's a satisfying breakfast. Takes about ten minutes including washing up. I can't stand eggs that have been frozen, but I can make this batch tripled and have three days worth in the refrigerator.
  • newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For quick and filling breakfasts I love overnight chia seed pudding with berries (around 350 cal), oatmeal with peanut butter (260 cal), greek yogurt and a banana or protein bar (around 260). Hard boiled eggs with avocado on toast is also delicious. I also find bacon to fill me up pretty well. If you only have a slice or two and watch your sodium the rest of the day it isn't too bad.