Week 1 (6/7-6/13)

Options

Replies

• downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Today I got to work and there were 2 different cakes from bakeries, (not the everyday kind), a bag of tortilla chips and a bag of Gardettos...arghh.
    I don't have an issue with salty foods like I do with sweets so I had a 1/4 cup of the Gardettos with my lunch and cut back on a few of the other things I had brought to make it balance out.
    For me that was a REAL success! Now to get the rest of my waters in! :0
    I hope you are all doing well also. :smiley:
  • MzLaLa29
    MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I had to float to a different center today. I was greeted by chocolate cupcakes in the breakroom. I didn't eat one though. I'm trying to figure out if I can have bread pudding when I get home. Probably not lol
  • borntowin4me
    borntowin4me Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My motivation is lacking but I'm trying to stay accountable by checking in here.

Weight 8 June : 146.6 lbs

21 day goals:

Workout at least 3 days a week
    Drink at least 2 litres of water daily
    Stay within calories.

Thinking of maybe starting a workout videos instead of just regular running. Might do a Jillian Michaels DVD. I have Bob Harper Workout for Beginners but trust me that thing is not for beginners. Lol. Maybe I might give that one a try again though, I haven't touched it in over a year.

• downongreenacres
    Options
    Hang in there borntowin4me!
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    MzLaLa29 wrote: »
    I had to float to a different center today. I was greeted by chocolate cupcakes in the breakroom. I didn't eat one though. I'm trying to figure out if I can have bread pudding when I get home. Probably not lol

Good resolve!
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    Day 3 check-in

I walked at lunch so that will count as my workout. No water, only half my steps. But GREEN by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin lol No bread pudding :neutral: I may have to freeze it for another time since hubby made a big ole pan of it.

I drove through two separate work zones to get home which threw off my evening routine. but today was not a bad day overall.
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    Congrats for a successful day MzLaLa!
  • Suede242
    Suede242 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Did pretty good with eating, and reached my water goal. I've done 11705 steps today most of which is accounted for by biking at least 14 kilometers (approx 8 miles)
  • CullinsK
    CullinsK Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I Reached by goal of 80 fluid ounces today and completed 1hr strength training and 20 min of cardio. I really like this group. Everyone is so supportive. Keep up with the good work guys for day 3.
  • JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    @CullinsK - way to go with reaching that water intake, the strength training and cardio workout! You are doing so well!
    @suede242- That's a lot of steps! (8miles!) KIU
    @MzLaLa29 - It's so nice to get out and take a walk in the middle of your workday. I'm praying your feeling better.
    @borntowin4me - You have some nice goals listed. Those videos will serve as good cross training for your running.

My knees are clicking and sore after yesterday's run. This am I walked instead- 3mi.

exercise.png
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    I'm feeling MUCH better today @JimCrackinDandy Thanks!!!
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    Looks like everyone had a great day yesterday!
    Keep it up :smile:
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    Day 4 check-in! My tracker died :( Anyhoo, got my water and workout in. Probably nowhere near 10,000 steps but I walked two miles. I had to guesstimate my calories burned but I'm still meal planning so I can say I was green today. Now I'm off to Best Buy to replace my tracker. Toodles!
  • Suede242
    Options
    Well, it's been a good day, despite discovering that my bagel had gone bad. Fortunately, I had Triscuit crackers packed for snack so I was able to assemble my tuna salad on them. I then stopped at a local cafe on my way home for my snack and had a quinoa, corn and bean salad, which was very good.

I spent much of the day experimenting with working with larger amounts of clay on the pottery wheel, then on clean-up.

My step counter reset itself several times, but I was paying enough attention to know that I've made 10 000 steps today.

Calorie-wise I've done well today. And kept to the one dessert goal. I don't think I got close to the water goal today. I'll drink a bit more before bed but not too much.
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    MzLaLa sorry to hear that technology let you down but it sounds like you still had a good day.
    I ate 2 bites of cake and threw the rest away...amazing right!
    Stayed green but had very little exercise so Im glad I exercised my arm muscle aiming at the trash can :wink:
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    Suede242 wrote: »
    Well, it's been a good day, despite discovering that my bagel had gone bad. Fortunately, I had Triscuit crackers packed for snack so I was able to assemble my tuna salad on them. I then stopped at a local cafe on my way home for my snack and had a quinoa, corn and bean salad, which was very good.

I spent much of the day experimenting with working with larger amounts of clay on the pottery wheel, then on clean-up.

My step counter reset itself several times, but I was paying enough attention to know that I've made 10 000 steps today.

Calorie-wise I've done well today. And kept to the one dessert goal. I don't think I got close to the water goal today. I'll drink a bit more before bed but not too much.
    That sounds like a really interesting day and your salad sound delicious! You are doing great!

• CullinsK
    Options
    I was able to drink 64 ounces of water today. I also decided to walk on my lunch break ( get moving) and not take a seat, :D since I sit all day at work. After work I was able to get 10 min of cardio. I know it's not much but my trainer is going to work me 10x harder than those 10 min tomorrow. Everyone keep up the good work. I'm ready for Thursday challenge.
  • CullinsK
    Options
    MzLaLa29 some exercise is better than None. I'm happy to hear you was able to get some miles in today. I'm going to start planning my meals next week so that I will have more control of my time and eating.
  • Suede242
    edited June 2015
    Options
    CullinsK wrote: »
    MzLaLa29 some exercise is better than None. I'm happy to hear you was able to get some miles in today. I'm going to start planning my meals next week so that I will have more control of my time and eating.

CullinsK,
    I've found that planning meals out makes it so much easier to make decisions in the morning, but I've also learned to think of it as flexible plan, that way if something doesn't go on I don't feel too stressed about it. Good job on the exercise every little bit helps.
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    CullinsK wrote: »

Yes!!! That was the goal. I really didn't feel like doing anything at all.
This discussion has been closed.