Shall we begin?!

Options
2»

Replies

• NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Late starter... just finished Day 1. Man I forgot how tough this workout is at the beginning. My legs are already sore from workouts over the last 3 days so even just the jump rope was a struggle.
  • SunBunzz
    SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Late starter... just finished Day 1. Man I forgot how tough this workout is at the beginning. My legs are already sore from workouts over the last 3 days so even just the jump rope was a struggle.

Been there, hun. You'll defiinitly need to recover tomorrow. Slow walking if you can, hot bath, and drink plenty of water. You'll be much better later this week. ;)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Shoulders were still trashed so I skipped a day. :) Probably up for it today--we'll see!
  • WannaBeCroft
    WannaBeCroft Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Using 3lb weights here. I have 5s, but wouldn't make it through the last half of the side-lunges with shoulder raise if I sized up.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Using 3lb weights here. I have 5s, but wouldn't make it through the last half of the side-lunges with shoulder raise if I sized up.

Why not use both? Use the 5lbs for the exercises you can and then switch to the 3 lbs for the ones that aren't quite as strong yet. That's kind of what I've started doing. Only I'm dropping down to like 2 lbs, because I have 5 or 25 lb dumbbells and some weighted gloves; I'm grabbing the weighted gloves off the floor for that particular strength exercise.
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    ^^ same here. I use the 3 lb for most of workout, but use the 5 lbs for the chest flies. Probably going to start using the 5's for the bicep curls next time, see how that goes.
  • SunBunzz
    SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Me too! I use 5lb for chest Ys on level 1, and 3s for everything else for now. I eventually got strong enough to use 5lbs for almost everything. When I did No More Trouble Zones after, I used 6 pounders! You do get stronger with time. It feels great, even if it's just a pound more! A pound is heavy when you're doing static squats and lunges!
  • WannaBeCroft
    WannaBeCroft Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea. I may just have to try that out today and see how I feel. :smiley:
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I use just 3# because of my shoulders. It TICKS ME OFF, but being mad won't make me not injured! LOL!