Weekly Challenges

Options
Hi Everyone,

One of the other groups that I was a part of did weekly challneges every week. The challenges were like drink more water every day of that week, or work out at least 4 times that week, or eat only one dessert that week, or stay at of under your calorie goal every day that week, etc.

These challenges motivated us and was great fun. Would people be interested in that? If so, any ideas/preferences for challenges?

Replies

• canary03
    canary03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am! I started MFP today and will try to log everyday this week and stay within my calorie allotment.
  • eileendavis77377
    eileendavis77377 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would go for 4 workouts a week.
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in challenges. I'm currently trying to make sure I get in more water, as well as 3 servings of fruit, and at least 3 servings of vegetables each day. I would be interested in a work out challenge if one was offered too.
  • tiffbeckett336
    tiffbeckett336 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred today!! Going to try to do it everyday! It's 20 minutes! And definitely lay off sodas! They are my weakness
  • mustloseweight2015
    mustloseweight2015 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Okay, since two people mentioned workout, let's do a 4 workouts this week! We can pick another one next week....:)

I worked out today....3 more days to go for the week :)
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    Worked out twice this week! Very motivated and it's only Tuesday!
  • mustloseweight2015
    Options
    Wow! That's great! I need to stay on track. I had forgotten we have some plans on both days this weekend, so I really need to try to fit in the workouts in the weekdays, which can be a challenge....but I'm going to try my best!!
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    I know the weekend is hard!!! I don't like to exercise in front of my husband! Cause I feel like a dork. And he is home on the weekends!
  • MaraOfNaamah
    Options
    I woke up early and worked out yesterday. I woke up not feeling well today, so didn't work out this morning, but will be hitting the gym at work on lunch! :smile:
  • debramguittar
    debramguittar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hahaha tiffbeckett336. I feel like a dork exercising in front of anyone. I did the NerdFitness Bodyweight Brigade workout yesterday. I have a 4 mile run today.
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    Hahaha tiffbeckett336. I feel like a dork exercising in front of anyone. I did the NerdFitness Bodyweight Brigade workout yesterday. I have a 4 mile run today.

I haven't ever heard of that work out! I will have to look into that! Enjoy your run!
  • mustloseweight2015
    Options
    Yeah, I hate working out in front of my husband too.....I go to the basement (where our treadmill is) and tell him and my kid to stay away until I'm done...:-P.... this is why I can't ever do exercise videos...lol....
  • tiffbeckett336
    Options
    I hit my three times a week this week! Off to a good start!
  • debramguittar
    Options
    My nerdfitness workout can be found at nerdfitness.com. LOVE THAT SITE. I do those workouts in between run days.
  • ekat1234
    ekat1234 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have worked out twice this week so far.
  • mustloseweight2015
    Options
    I'm about to hit the treadmill so that will make it twice this week.
  • MaraOfNaamah
    Options
    Even though the water was chilly at the outdoor pool at our apartment (I live in New England), I went swimming this evening. Fun family time + Exercise = Total Win!
  • debramguittar
    Options
    Didn't get my 4 miler yesterday. Had a brake/tire issue with my car so I couldn't do anything until after my boyfriend could take a look. Turned out to be something minor, but by the time he was done, it was getting dark. Hoping to make that up today. NerdFitness on Friday. I have a 5K on Saturday, so I KNOW I'll run that day. 8 miler planned for Sunday. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

It's really hot and humid here in northwest Georgia so I have to run really early or really late. I get up at 430 every morning for work, so I just can't feel a 300am run.
  • mustloseweight2015
    Options
    That's great ladies! Swimming in cold water, 5k....that's awesome.
    I love swimming. I had started running, was on week 6 of couch to 5k when I developed severe knee pain and swelling. Went to the doc and it turned out I have early onset arthritis (I'm only 36 ... yeah that's not young, but it's too young to have arthritis). :( He banned running for life. I can still walk, bike and swim. I just walk now because we have a treadmill at home so it's easier. I would love to swim, but the closest pool is about 15-20 minutes away, so I will be using up 40 minutes just to get to and back from the pool. With a full time job and a 3 year old, that a challenge. Maybe next year. I'm seriously thinking of investing in a bike this summer though. Let's see.

In the mean time, I have walked twice this week. Plan to walk tomorrow and again once on the weekend.
  • eileendavis77377
    eileendavis77377 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I jumped on the trampoline last night and walked with my kids around the neighborhood this morning.