Dating

Options
13»

Replies

• Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    nikoba wrote: »
    No! definitely not a habit! I hate that I did it, but don't want to beat myself up over it either. It was more like a alcohol induced mistake...going forward I will make sure that I prepare myself better for evenings when I know cocktails will be flowing.

As far as alcohol induced mistakes go, eating too much at Taco Bell is no where near the worst... Those consequences are temporary. I'm happy that you had a good time.

• nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @tru2one I like your 2 cents and your tales...I hope your ribeye and 7th date are a great one. I left my phone at home on the charger on accident, so I'm dying to see if I have any texts waiting for me when I get home :)
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    @tru2one I like your 2 cents and your tales...I hope your ribeye and 7th date are a great one. I left my phone at home on the charger on accident, so I'm dying to see if I have any texts waiting for me when I get home :)

LOL...Oh, yes...the texting anticipation!!!!

I just got one a second ago, informing me that there will not only be ribeye but roasted brussel sprouts on the menu for this evening. I told him on the first date that I do keto, which he had never heard of. I explained and he said, "Huh. That's how I eat all the time."

I think we should get married now, of course. ;-)
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    As far as alcohol induced mistakes go, eating too much at Taco Bell is no where near the worst... Those consequences are temporary. I'm happy that you had a good time.

Temporary, yes, but have you smelled some people after they ate Taco Bell? My little girl could run a jet engine with all the gas coming out of her!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    So glad your first date went well! I bet he was nervous too. Who isn't really?

If the scale is not up the next morning you're pretty much in the clear. Every so often ya get lucky like that. Do it again the next day though and it's pretty much a 5lb water weight gain. And don't be surprised if that little bit you lost comes back - I noticed I would lose a little after a few drinks but it was temporary. Maybe you'll get lucky 3 times (him, no gain & a loss).
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you that your date went well !
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I imagine you will bounce back from any "harm" the junkie foods did. Just get back on the saddle and learn from it.
    Next date, you will probably not forget to eat something first.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Oh. And I'm glad it turned out to be a fun date!
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    So glad it went well. You will be fine with the Taco Bell, just don't make a habit of it.

Spell out how you eat early on and he (or whoever you are dating) will see it as a part of you. Men don't generally complain about eating lots of meat!!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    tru2one wrote: »

LOL...Oh, yes...the texting anticipation!!!!

I just got one a second ago, informing me that there will not only be ribeye but roasted brussel sprouts on the menu for this evening. I told him on the first date that I do keto, which he had never heard of. I explained and he said, "Huh. That's how I eat all the time."

I think we should get married now, of course. ;-)
    Would make the boring compromises of married life easier for sure!
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am back in the dating game. Currently seeing someone and he is attracted to me. I am no small last...I am 258! It is fun, exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. Lol. Good luck!