Measurements!

Options
SunBunzz
SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
pvtag8ygvqxq.jpg

Feel free to copy this blank image and paste your measurements on it using paintbrush. (That's what I did) Or you can just list it, whatever you prefer. (You can also log it in MFP) It helps so much to keep track of progress this way. Don't worry about the scale so much. You're gonna shrink mostly in inches.

Here's my day one measurements: bgffua70cpm3.jpg

I don't care to measure my neck. Last time it just got bigger by a few centimeters, but that didn't matter to me. My neck doesn't really change, but you can of course. If you need help on how to measure yourself, here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm1rzZsXGRc

Replies

• WannaBeCroft
    WannaBeCroft Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Neck:9.5 in
    Arm: 9.25 in
    Waist: 23 in
    Hip: 31 in
    Thigh: 17 in
    Calf: 12 in
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Neck:13.5 in
    Arm: 12 in
    Waist: 31.5 in
    Hip: 40 in
    Thigh: 24.5 in
    Calf: 14.5 in
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    I discovered, measuring my thigh for the first time in years, that it's bigger than my waist used to be.

FML.
  • SunBunzz
    Options
    I discovered, measuring my thigh for the first time in years, that it's bigger than my waist used to be.

FML.

Those are just numbers. We all wanna be smaller, but the size in inches in a woman's thigh doesn't determine how beautiful she is. :) Don't let it get you down. Mine are the same size! But my hubby still loves them. I'd just like them to squish a little less when I sit down! xDDD
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    LOL! At my skinniest ever, my thighs were over 20" cuz I was a weightlifter, so I'm not looking for a "gap." ;) It's just a bit depressing to realize how far off I am now.
  • WannaBeCroft
    Options
    I'm not sure that my measuring tape is accurate.... I thought about it last night when I did my measurements and thought "Gee, this seems small." Of course, I then thought, "well, if I use the same tape when we're done, it's really the difference between the two that counts." I couldn't find my normal tape measure (for sewing), so I used the one that came with a repair kit (very cheap).
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Day 1 measurements/pictures:
    9r38a2k501te.jpg
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    I'm not sure that my measuring tape is accurate.... I thought about it last night when I did my measurements and thought "Gee, this seems small." Of course, I then thought, "well, if I use the same tape when we're done, it's really the difference between the two that counts." I couldn't find my normal tape measure (for sewing), so I used the one that came with a repair kit (very cheap).

Those are close to supermodel thinness. Lol. I figured you were sick previously or looking for tone!
  • SunBunzz
    Options

I'm a dummy. I have NO idea where Mons, HT is! Is that in Europe? If so, do you use the Metric system? I'm so sorry. I was taking measurements in inches. Is that different where you live? I think our system's called "United States customary units" so they might be totally different from yours!
  • WannaBeCroft
    Options
    Mons, HT is city of Mons in Hainaut province, Belgium. It's near the border of France in the French-speaking southern part of Belgium. I'm American, just happen to live here for the time being for work.

And yes, for most things I use the Metric system here, but recognize that the US uses the Imperial system (thank you Great Britain). Most tape measures have both on either side. The tape measure I would usually use was missing from the drawer it lives in, so I pulled the one out of the little kit that lives in my knitting bag. It's a cheap plastic thing and the Metric side looks squished while the Imperial side looks kind of wide. I don't trust it. I may repost measurements this weekend when I find the measuring tape I was originally planning to use.

While short/petite, I am most certainly not supermodel thin. I've always had a rather hour-glassed shape, maybe a bit bottom-heavy. There is a pretty big difference between my waist and hips, and my thighs are pretty substantial.

• SunBunzz
    Options
    Oh that's cool.
    I've always had a rather hour-glassed shape, maybe a bit bottom-heavy. There is a pretty big difference between my waist and hips, and my thighs are pretty substantial.

Hahaha you sound like a bombshell! Sounds a lot like my frame. I also have a little extra sand in the bottom end of my hourglass! ;) Not to worry, at least we can firm it up! Yeah, I recommend maybe getting a cloth measuring tape. They're pretty cheap. Another thing you can do, if you have pants that are tight, try them on now, & try them on after to see the difference.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    That would be a current American 0 or 00 or so. :) It wouldn't even be a 2 these days.
  • SunBunzz
    Options
    That would be a current American 0 or 00 or so. :) It wouldn't even be a 2 these days.

Hollywood, anyway. My weight is FAAAAAAAAAAT in Hollywood. lol "Hollywood fat" luckilly, the majority of people know better. But big butts are back in fashion. Most men like their women THICK. Hahahah. So we're good.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Yeah, I'm just chubby. I have a very small frame. I won't look nice at ALL until I break below 140. And I won't look "slim" until I'm under 135.

I'm a new size 8 now...which is an old size 12 or so.
  • WannaBeCroft
    Options
    I noticed that US sizes were weird last time I was home--whereas I had been wearing medium-sized clothes all of a sudden they were SO big! I'm in just about the same boat, wearing a 38 (US size 8?). My pants always gap at the waist but are snug at the hip/thigh. I notice weight loss in my chest first.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Mine I notice in my stomach. I have mom-belly. LOL.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    I think those are the old sizes. These days, a 38 (if it hasn't changed in Europe) is a size 4.
  • SunBunzz
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have yet to find clothes that fit me. I have a small-ish size torso, LARGE boobs, thick arms, LARGE size butt with medium size legs, but my legs are SHORT! I'm built like a dwarf or somehting. xD

I envision myself as something like this in the fantasy world. HAHAHAH
    jdn8lak7681q.jpg

No offense what-so-ever to little people, I swear.

• MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Do you shop in petites?
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    As long as I'm potato-shaped, clothes fit great. When I'm really in shape, they don't. lol