Measurements!

Options

Replies

• SunBunzz
    SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Do you shop in petites?
    I don't think I'm thin enough to be in petite, but I'm SHORT enough! lol
    BUT I just checked, my jeans say size 10 petite though. I honestly don't know if that counts! I need a BIG ROUND space for my butt, and short legs. My calves are so damn thick too.

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    They make "short and fat" petites. LOL. They have petite plus sizes. Petite does not mean what it used to!
  • SunBunzz
    Options
    They make "short and fat" petites. LOL. They have petite plus sizes. Petite does not mean what it used to!

I'm kind of relieved! I don't care if I'm considered "fat" in the fashion industry. Now, I'm also petite! Ha-ha! lol How about plump, or sumptuous. lol VOLUPTUOUS is a good word too. Cute, nicer words for us thicker women. We be bouncy, not fat. But I wanna be bouncy but also firm and tight. xD
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    I'm just a teeny bit too long in the leg for petite but perfect for misses "short."
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I added in measurements around chest and around bellybutton. I'm honestly not concerned about losing any inches in my neck/arms/legs. I carry majority of my weight in my core, so that is where I want to see the biggest changes.
    So here's where I am today, right before I did Day 1.

Neck:13 in
    Arm: 12.5 in
    Chest: 43.4 in
    Waist: 35.1 in
    Bellybutton: 40 in
    Hip: 44 in
    Thigh: 25.4 in
    Calf: 15.2 in
  • WannaBeCroft
    WannaBeCroft Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Do you shop in petites?

yep. I'm short--5'1.75"-- and prefer the petite sizes to the regulars. I end up cutting off 6-8 inches on regular sizes. I've done a lot of sewing as a result. I also find that I like dresses, favoring 40s-50s fashion. I love the tailored waist and flare that accentuates curves in a very feminine way.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Do you shop in petites?

yep. I'm short--5'1.75"-- and prefer the petite sizes to the regulars. I end up cutting off 6-8 inches on regular sizes. I've done a lot of sewing as a result. I also find that I like dresses, favoring 40s-50s fashion. I love the tailored waist and flare that accentuates curves in a very feminine way.

I love 50's lengths, too! Unlike most women today, a tea length is the most flattering on me. I looked terrible in an above the knee dress when I had a 23.5" waist. Just not built for it. I look strange.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Okay, halfway through level 1...

Neck:13.5 in - 13.5
    Arm: 12 in - 12
    Waist: 31.5 in - 31!
    Hip: 40 in - 39.5!
    Belly: 35.5in - 34!!!!!!!
    Thigh: 24.5 in - 23.5!!!!
    Calf: 14.5 in - 14.5!

YAY! Counting the "weight watchers" way, that's 4.5"!
  • NinjaChickie
    Options
    YAY! Counting the "weight watchers" way, that's 4.5"!

Well done. Amazing results at only half way through level 1!

• MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    I'm doing it every other day right now and doing a lot of walking, too. I mention in other posts--my joints, especially shoulders, are crap, so I'm trying to build enough strength to stabilize them. Have to go slow!
  • WannaBeCroft
    WannaBeCroft Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love 50's lengths, too! Unlike most women today, a tea length is the most flattering on me. I looked terrible in an above the knee dress when I had a 23.5" waist. Just not built for it. I look strange.

I think tea length is a nice length -- one you don't see much of anymore. I agree about the above the knee looks too. That and I always am nervous about bending over in an above the knee dress. For me, the perfect length is an inch or two below the knee.
  • SunBunzz
    Options
    I had to Google Tea Length dresses. lol I can't remember the last time I wore a dress...besides Halloween. xD I have THICK knees, so this kind of dress would look pretty on me.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options

I think tea length is a nice length -- one you don't see much of anymore. I agree about the above the knee looks too. That and I always am nervous about bending over in an above the knee dress. For me, the perfect length is an inch or two below the knee.

YES! That's my PERFECT length!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    SunBunzz wrote: »
    I had to Google Tea Length dresses. lol I can't remember the last time I wore a dress...besides Halloween. xD I have THICK knees, so this kind of dress would look pretty on me.

Right??? My thighs right above my knees are bigger than my knees.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Updating...

Neck:13.5 in - 13.5 - 13.5
    Arm: 12 in - 12 - 12
    Waist: 31.5 in - 31 - 30!
    Hip: 40 in - 39.5 - 39!
    Belly: 35.5in - 34 - 33!
    Thigh: 24.5 in - 23.5 - 23.5
    Calf: 14.5 in - 14.5 - 14!

Sooo that means I'm down 9 Weight Watchers inches!!!

And my waist/hip ratio was:

33/40=.825, which put me in the "moderate risk group" before I started MFP
    31.5/40=.79, down to low risk!
    30/39=.77, getting curvier!!!

38"-30"-39"....cloooose!
  • NinjaChickie
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Updating...
    Sooo that means I'm down 9 Weight Watchers inches!!!

Can you explain how they do their math? I'm so confused.

Well done on all the losses.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    You add up every inch you lose--so I get double for thighs and calves. LOL. It's kinda silly, but Curves does the same thing. Never participated in either one, so I'm not use how I know this, buuuut.....
  • NinjaChickie
    Options
    I get double for thighs and calves. LOL.

AHHHH.... yes.. you have 2 legs therefore you lose double...... wow.... almost seems gimmicky so people can say they've lost more inches and make it more impressive. I've never been in WW or Curves so maybe it makes more sense how they justify it :|

• SunBunzz
    edited June 2015
    Options
    IT'S WORKING!!! :smiley: 3.6 POUNDS LOST, AND 3 INCHES ALREADY, and I'm only on day 13!!!ioop92kb5k53.jpg

Mind you, I'm doing a little extra cardio each day after the Shred if I can. Dancing, mostly, for between 30 minutes or more. Or at least some power walking.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Look at you! :DDDD