What keeps you motivated to continue this WOE?

Options
13»

Replies

• ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that I don't need to eat at a specific time. I can breeze through lunch and have no ill effects.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    @glossbones ....lol, I was thinking that, but didn't want to post it.......
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    my belly is the first to go and not my BOOBS :)

YES, whatever fat was on my stomach moved upwards. I love it!
  • DaliaMaria73
    DaliaMaria73 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new to low-carb, but I chose it because Type 2 diabetes runs in my family, so I know that, genetically, I'm at risk.

My mom has it, some of her brothers do, a cousin is pre-diabetic, and my maternal grandmother and ALL SEVEN of her siblings -- regardless of weight -- were T2 diabetics. So was my maternal great-grandfather. And he was slender. I even have a brother who is very slim and pre-diabetic. Extra weight certainly doesn't help, but if I can avoid crazy blood sugar altogether, I'd rather do so. I also believe that I am already carb sensitive and that's why I've been struggling with weight creep and so much difficulty getting it off.

The reduction in food cravings is certainly a good side effect.
  • DaliaMaria73
    DaliaMaria73 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    I haven't farted in 100+ days.

OMG...yes! How could I forget. My IBS-D is so much calmer. To heck with "whole grains" and "legumes" and other medieval forms of torture.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This week was at the doc. We talked about testing for gluten intolerance. She said I'd had to eat gluten for minimum 4 weeks. I realized instantly that losing FA state was NOT a trade off I was willing to pay for a diagnose atm.

Lowcarb has changed my life in so many ways:

- IBS gone.
    - No hyper bloodsugar right after eating, followed by carb coma after another 15 mins.
    - No more hangry. Moods are more stable, things that used to upset me terribly, are now more like «Yeah, that happened. Bummer.»
    - Very practical. Food does not dictate my life. Before I had to eat every ca 4 hrs. Now I can go almost all day. Doing IF + lowcarb is match made in heaven.
    - I get more energy. In a medical lecture I watched recently, the doc said glucose metabolism yields 34 ATP per molecule, but when mitochondria is adapted to fat as primary fuel it gives 51 ATP! I'd say that is a compelling reason to stay in FA.
    - Less inflammation. Less injury prone. Knees better.
    - I «never» run out of energy at the gym anymore. Can train longer and harder. Haven't tested the upper limits. But did a 4.5 hrs cycling session which I finished with an anaerobic sprint! Nutrient partitioning gives me the best of two worlds, the endurance of fat energy with explosive power of fast GI when I wish to use it.
    - Hair glossy, nails seldom break, skin less prone to acne (inflammation).
    - «Recomp» is natural. I eat what I want since November 2014 with a full diet break. I bought some undies in size 38 in January. They're falling off. Now I use size 34 in undies, which is a new alltime low for me. Goal jeans are verging on getting too big. As long as I crush it in the gym, my body rewards me.
    - «Healing» metabolism ? I suspect my adrenals and hormones were out of whack. Less than 1 year ago I sat in my apt with ballooned, bloated feet, burning soles, unable to walk. Desperate times. I was slowly gaining at ca 1200 kcal (weighing everything) and BMI over 27. BMI atm is 21.3. Now, I'm cautiously testing upping calories to 1500-2000 NET. Maintaining at lower end of scale weight so far, 54.5-55 kg. So looks promising. FYI: I also exercise a lot and I truly believe that exercising works synergistically with diet macros. I've f.ex. experimented with trying to upregulate mitochondrial biogenesis.

I surely forgot something, but these are the main reasons that for ME, the trade offs eating lowcarb are worth the results. Lowcarb/keto might not suit everyone or give dramatic results, but for some of us it really is a lifechanger.

Edit: Added BMI numbers.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    @glossbones ....lol, I was thinking that, but didn't want to post it.......

Wait... you're telling me you're not farting, and you want everyone to think you still are? :D
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    I haven't farted in 100+ days.
    Then I'm apparently doing it wrong, or I'm a professional farter, because holy crap!!!

I fart non-stop. But I did that before this WOE. I blame the brussel sprouts! We eat a ton of those!

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    To heck with "whole grains" and "legumes" and other medieval forms of torture.

:heart: Love this ^^^^
    LOL! This made me guffaw!

(I still eat legumes, but still!)
  • cmgleggs
    cmgleggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    With this WOE I don't have the blood sugar crashes that I had before. Plus it seems like I'm not a slave to eating anymore--I can go longer without eating, it takes fewer calories to satisfy me, and I can look at sweets and not be terribly tempted. Weight loss has been slow but has been trending downward. Regardless, I don't think I'll ever go back to the higher-carb diet ever again.
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I feel better now in my forties than I did in my twenties and my weight hasn't been this low since 1996. I stil have weight to lose but this WOL makes staying under calories a breeze!!