How's everyone doing??

Options
SunBunzz
SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
Day 2. DONE! Whew. That hurt, muscles still sore, but I got through it. And I danced for about 25 minutes after for extra cardio. I actually feel much better.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 3 for me (I started 6/9/15)
    My trouble areas (that I hope to see improvement with):

Push-Ups
    • Round 1: 20 full push-ups and 3 modified
    • Round 2: 10 full push-ups and 11 modified
    Squat with Press
    • Round 1: 5 lb dumbbells
    • Round 2: Half with 5 lb dumbbells and half no weight
    Side Lunge with Arm Raise
    • Round 1: Half with 5 lb dumbbells and half no weight
    • Round 2: No weight

Now, I'm exhausted and my shoulders are killing me. My shoulders are definitely my weak point. I actually think I did worse today than I did on Day 1. Just got to keep going and hopefully I will see improvement.

My plan for the first 2 weeks:
    rmo96mkpupe1.jpg
  • SunBunzz
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That's incredible!! btw ur BEFORE photos are more along the lines of how I WANT to look when I'm done. lol Not trying to flatter you to death, but seriously, lovely build already. You should be proud! Especially being a mom. Holy crap!

As for me, I did good! I still can't do too many real push-ups yet. My legs were twitching like mad during the static lunges. lol We'll get there! I'll be sore tomorrow without a doubt, but I managed to get through it without stopping.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    L1D2. Survived. LOL. Exercise throws my sleep into a loop until I adapt, so I'm up super late because I didn't sleep AT ALL last night, just lay exhausted in bed. :p

My rest days will be Sat and Wed. I have a massage every Wed (therapeutic, NOT FUN) for my muscle disease, and it's @#$#@ hard to exercise after because of soreness. So I've decided to quit being a dummy and rest that day.
  • SunBunzz
    Options
    Yayy! I think recovering from Day One of levels 1 & 2 are the hardest on the body. It's strange, but by Level 3, my body changed so much I wasn't very sore anymore for the rest of the workout! I also have been having a hard time falling asleep. Ugh.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Barely made it through Day 3 since I haven't actually slept between the two. :P

Tomorrow is my rest day!
  • SunBunzz
    Options
    Awww you poor thing! I've been having a hard time sleeping too. But I always do the first couple days of TOM. Ugggh. Cramps are horrible right now. I was almost crying during circuit 2's cardio. lol My legs and arms hurt so much. :'( But we'll get stronger! Just pace yourself. Get rest, feel better. Lots of water, hot bath, and gentle stretches.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Filling up a huge bath now! lol
  • SunBunzz
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I LOVVVE a good hot bath after. Then a nap. Ahh. Hope you get some rest.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    I did! :D
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    I'm so sore today. I think I over did it yesterday; now I'm paying for it in pain and bloat. I worked out a ton. Partly so that I could make room for pizza; Partly, because I was bored without the boys home most of the day.

0jbflvopk8tw.jpg
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. Feeling it in my arms mostly. Did the side lunges at the end with no weights and my shoulders still felt it. Lol. Such wussy upper body strength.
  • SunBunzz
    Options
    It's all good hun. I was the same way. I recently upgraded the Chest-Ys with 5 pounders though! :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Day 4&5 dooooone! Dragged the older menfolk of the family into it--mainly the older kid because he has been playing tons of video games this summer. :D
  • shadow2soul
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well I worked up a decent sweat with today's workout. Literally dripping with it. I moved onto Level 2 today (Day 12 on calendar).
    eq19dqsmb6mo.jpg

I remember when I first bought this dvd. Level 1 left "dead" on the floor. :laugh: I never did progress past Level 1 or even do it for a full 30 days. My fitness has definitely improved a lot since then. My shoulders are still a week point, but they are progressing (slowly...very slowly...slower than a turtle trying to move through peanut butter). However, I think the fact that I'm still aiming for somewhere between 1 & 1.5 lbs per week loss is probably the reason my progression isn't faster.

My plan is to aim for 1 to 1.5 lbs per week until I hit 130 lbs (4.5 lbs away). Then aim for 0.5 to 1 lb for 6-12 wks. Then aim for 0 to 0.5 lbs for another 6-12 weeks and finally move to maintaining/recomp. I'm hoping once I start decreasing the deficit, my strength will progress at a faster rate.
    edit: I just realized I forgot to write in the calorie burn for one of the days on the calendar. Oops. fixed it
  • SunBunzz
    Options
    Seriously, @shadow2soul you are KILLING it! You're such an inspiration!!!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    I'm just walking 15k-25k steps a day in addition to the occasional shred. LOL. Not glamorous at all! But it doesn't jolt my shoulders if I injure them a little.
  • shadow2soul
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm just walking 15k-25k steps a day in addition to the occasional shred. LOL. Not glamorous at all! But it doesn't jolt my shoulders if I injure them a little.

That's still quite an accomplishment. I'm all excited if I get 12k steps in a day. :laugh: You're doing awesome and your update in the measurements thread shows that it is working for you. :flowerforyou:

edit: Thought I should add, the laughing smiley is me laughing at myself.
  • WannaBeCroft
    WannaBeCroft Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @shadow2soul, I love your tracking calendar. Very organized and motivating.

This weekend, I found level 1 easy with 3/5 lb weights. Moving to level 2 today -- we'll see how it goes. :smile: I can't recall how I felt about level 2 the last time I did the workout.
  • SunBunzz
    Options
    I can't recall how I felt about level 2 the last time I did the workout.

Both times for me, Level 2, DAY 2....had me in tears. lol But I could be a wimp. :D

• NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've only gotten to level 2 once. And I only did one day. I've never seen level 3. Lol. I'm determined to get further this time.

Just finished L1D5. Found it tough, probably because TOM arrived yesterday. Something in this workout is bugging my knee, really focused on making sure my knee position was right during squats and lunges.