You know you've changed your mindset when...

Options
I found myself at the nearest Wal-Mart (we're on vacation) looking at the center-cut bacon, thinking "nah, it doesn't have the fatty ends on it".

I'm sure you guys have had moments like that. Let's hear 'em!

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I was loading up a celery stalk with cream cheese and the automatic thought popped into my head to go easy on the cream cheese because all that fat, and then adjusted to don't spare the fat, load on more!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    I was loading up a celery stalk with cream cheese and the automatic thought popped into my head to go easy on the cream cheese because all that fat, and then adjusted to don't spare the fat, load on more!

Nice!

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I looked at the timer on the cardio glide and it was 27 minutes and change

I was beat, just tired from a long day and tired from the workout.

I just slowed down a little and kept on. It was about sticking with it even if not perfect. Doing my best when I really don't feel like I have 100%

I used to quit early on a workout. I used to cheat easily on a diet plan.

It was always external.

Now it feels like it is internal. Like it is a part of who I am, not just some thing I am doing.

I like this change.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I just slowed down a little and kept on. It was about sticking with it even if not perfect. Doing my best when I really don't feel like I have 100%

It was always external.

Now it feels like it is internal. Like it is a part of who I am, not just some thing I am doing.

I like this change.

Right on!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The cereal and potato chip aisles don't exist, for me, anymore!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

You know you've changed your mindset when...
    There is a visible layer of dust on your bottle of Advil....

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »

Wait...the grocery store has aisles for more than just toiletries? ;)
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets frozen yogurt and I'm content with my Coke Zero (yeah, I know, soda, artificial sweeteners, still wasn't fro yo).
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look around for something to sop up the grease left in the burger pan. And bread won't do!
  • AMPie73
    AMPie73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I looked at the timer on the cardio glide and it was 27 minutes and change

I was beat, just tired from a long day and tired from the workout.

It was always external.

I like this change.

Love this! I feel the same way about my workouts now. I used to think of excuses not to workout, and now I am planning other things around it to make sure I get it done. 5 weeks in and I haven't skipped one yet, even if some days I am not at 100%, I do it anyway.
  • JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When you're smashing up fried pork skins to use as breading for your meat.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    When I am alone in the house with 3 OPEN bags of chips and don't even consider sneaking one chip, or the same making my husband french fries and am not even tempted to taste a tiny one.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Everyone gets frozen yogurt and I'm content with my Coke Zero (yeah, I know, soda, artificial sweeteners, still wasn't fro yo).

You'll have to pry my diet coke out of my cold, dead hands.

So far I'm to the point where I don't miss bread and don't feel like I am missing out by not having it! I haven't had to deal with pizza yet but honestly the toppings are the best part anyway....
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

Amen Karlotta,

This is what I feel about aisles in the grocery stores:

You know you've changed your mindset when... you walk down the gauntlet aisles of cereal and chips and you survive!

Dan the Man from Michigan

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Last night, a good looking man walked into the restaurant where I dine and ordered a Bulleit Manhattan. I was instantly intrigued and eager to see how it was made. I almost commented to him about doing LC, but as I watched the bartender to see what was about to happen, I realized it was a brand of whiskey... LOL. (thump on the forehead)
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When you walk into the break room to see a large box of nutter butters and Rice Krispies and you uninterestingly turn away. Kinda shocked myself with that one this morning, haha! Or when you take a big greasy burger patty with cheese for breakfast 2 days in a row and enjoy the puzzled looks of coworkers.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

On a more serious note, I actually walked down the cereal aisle the other day, since it's the same aisle that houses the coffee and I was getting something for my husband. I could practically smell the sugar and felt rather disgusted seeing all that crap. I nearly gagged at the thought of it.

That's a feat and a half, coming from the person that used to practically live off cereal (though, in fairness, I didn't tend toward the real sugary stuff most of the time -- unless it was Cocoa Pebbles, you could have those when you pried them from my cold, dead fingers -- I was more a Bran Flakes fan; of course, I was one of those weirdos that liked Grape Nuts, too, so...yeah).
  • Ashar33
    Ashar33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Last week I was baking all night for a co-workers birthday. Made paleo zucchini bread (definitely not low carb), and regular birthday cake. Didn't even lick the spoon and didn't want to either.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

On a more serious note, I actually walked down the cereal aisle the other day, since it's the same aisle that houses the coffee and I was getting something for my husband. I could practically smell the sugar and felt rather disgusted seeing all that crap. I nearly gagged at the thought of it.

That's a feat and a half, coming from the person that used to practically live off cereal (though, in fairness, I didn't tend toward the real sugary stuff most of the time -- unless it was Cocoa Pebbles, you could have those when you pried them from my cold, dead fingers -- I was more a Bran Flakes fan; of course, I was one of those weirdos that liked Grape Nuts, too, so...yeah).

I LOVED Cocoa Pebbles and Grape Nuts - and Bran Flakes with half and half (my grandpa got us into that habit! lol)... I haven't been tempted by cereal so far this year... Kind of funny, actually.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Dragonwolf, mine was Special K strawberries, and their protein bars!! I thought I was doing good eating them!! What a terrible joke the brainwashing is! I LOVE the power to walk on by, but yes, the smell is nauseating for sure! :smile: