New no-period experience. Has anyone else had this?

Options
Kalikel
Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
I'm assuming we can talk periods in this group.

It was due and didn't come, but about 10-14 after it had been "due", I had all the stuff that goes with it. Got PMSy (which, for me, means people annoy me more than usual) and I bloated up. I was tired and wanted to eat more. A week or so later, I felt that un-bloated feeling with a burst of energy, like I always got after my periods.

During the time that I was having my non-period, so many hot flashes!!! One after another, especially in the evenings.

I'm not complaining about the lack of blood. But it was just so weird.

And dang it, I didn't have a single hot flash today and am now having one. For the first time, it's in my legs, too. This is BS!

Did my body know I was posting in this group? Is I trying to stop me? ;)

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yep. I could have written this.

When mine first started to be late and/ skip the PMS would hit right on time and continue for a week or so and then abate. And my night sweats would ramp up as well.

Your body knows you're posting here! Wear a disguise. B)

for me it's even more random now. I have *no* idea where I am in a cycle. I spotted for a day 50 some odd days ago... My last "real" period was in early spring, I think.
    Saturday I was bloated. Yesterday I was cranky.I wanted to strangle hubs and the dogs for breathing loudly :blush: . (Granted it was very hot outside and inside, so that may have been part of the cranky.)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

I've seen the term "Shark Week" in my newsfeed. I assume it's to avoid making one's guy friends uncomfortable?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited June 2015
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »

I've seen the term "Shark Week" in my newsfeed. I assume it's to avoid making one's guy friends uncomfortable?
    I thought it was just a witty way of describing my mood during "that time" ha!

There's blood, anger,uncomfortable tension... o:)
  • Kalikel
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Shark week is funny!

I'm so glad to hear someone else had this bizarre experience.

The thing that worries me now is that I'll get one without advance notice and it will catch me unprepared, especially when I'm swimming or something.

I found a coupon for the tampons I use this week and wondered if I should even buy them, lol.

Last period ended May 6. Maybe it'll be the last ever! :smiley: (One can hope!)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Shark week is funny!

The thing that worries me now is that I'll get one without advance notice and it will catch me unprepared, especially when I'm swimming or something.

I found a coupon for the tampons I use this week and wondered if I should even buy them, lol.

This is always my concern too. I remember my first year teaching. I was about 24 years old. I was in a parent/teacher type conference with the principal and a family. The principal was wearing a white skirt. She got up to get some papers and I saw that the back of her skirt was covered in blood, and then I saw that the chair was covered too. gah. I quickly got her seated and passed her a note. She was about 50.

If I got a period now (I checked and my last "real" one was in March), I only hop its not flooding.
    I carry a few OB tampons in my bag 24/7.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    Shark week is funny!

This is always my concern too. I remember my first year teaching. I was about 24 years old. I was in a parent/teacher type conference with the principal and a family. The principal was wearing a white skirt. She got up to get some papers and I saw that the back of her skirt was covered in blood, and then I saw that the chair was covered too. gah. I quickly got her seated and passed her a note. She was about 50.

If I got a period now (I checked and my last "real" one was in March), I only hop its not flooding.
    I carry a few OB tampons in my bag 24/7.
    Oh, that poor woman. That was nice of you, passing the note.

I remember those OB commercials. "What's that in your sock? Is that a little piece of bubble gum?" No! It's my little OB tampon! (Had to be written by men.)

I'm going to start carrying something.

I can't even wear a regular minipad because I must - thanks to childbirth! - wear the ones to catch liquid drips.

This being a woman stuff is so fun. ;)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Yeah, I think I jinxed myself. :wink: Woke up to spotting. It's been 60+ days since I last spotted. Hope it's just that.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Had this. My last real period was April. At least I am pretty sure it was April. You think it is just going to go on and on, and off,..and off..and off.., and then ON- and then one day it doesn't. And you didn't keep track. And when I say you, I mean me. I will probably carry a tampon for the next 5 years. Just in case!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Yeah, I think I jinxed myself. :wink: Woke up to spotting. It's been 60+ days since I last spotted. Hope it's just that.

Well darn! Now I'm flooding. Guess March wasn't my last one! THIS is my last one (she says, hopefully...)!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    This is the aspect of perimenopause that scares me the most. I've used an app called Period Tracker for years, and it's always been 100% accurate. It says my period will start on July 4, and I have acne, breast tenderness, and moodiness. Saturday morning, I'll put some tampons in my bag.

One week later I turn 47, and sooner or later Period Tracker will stop working for me. I know I can just keep tampons in my bag 24/7, but something about it upsets me. I don't know if it's the loss of control, the change (pun intended), or if the uncertainty reminds me of adolescence.

But I'm grateful to have all y'all to talk to about it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    This is the aspect of perimenopause that scares me the most. I've used an app called Period Tracker for years, and it's always been 100% accurate. It says my period will start on July 4, and I have acne, breast tenderness, and moodiness. Saturday morning, I'll put some tampons in my bag.

One week later I turn 47, and sooner or later Period Tracker will stop working for me. I know I can just keep tampons in my bag 24/7, but something about it upsets me. I don't know if it's the loss of control, the change (pun intended), or if the uncertainty reminds me of adolescence.

But I'm grateful to have all y'all to talk to about it.

Oh yes. I was susie 24 days. 24 days. No matter what. And on day 21 I'd feel a little pain and know that yep, 24 days.
    About 4 years ago I had a few much longer cycles. Then a few shorter ones. Then a few longer ones.
    Now it seems to be happening about every 60-80 days. The shortest was 8 days between. The longest was 80 something days. And my normal "cues" no longer exist. Or rather they always exist. ha. My breasts are always tender, I'm always somewhat moody. I do seem to see an (even bigger) increase in appetite before it actually appears. And it just APPEARS now. So, yeah, I keep tampons with me at all times.
    I am leaving for a work trip in a couple of weeks and taking a whole box. Just in case.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I used to be textbook regular -- every 28 days. I keep supplies with me at all times, but I also have a 12-year-old that just started and has the same problem. So, at least I have another reason to have them with me.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    So the last two months the bleeding has lasted two weeks :#

One week of spotting and one week of heavy bleeding.

This is wreaking havoc on my sex life!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Today is day 42 without a period and I feel and look like I am 5-6 months pregnant! I was tempted to stop at the pharmacy on my way to work and pick up a pregnancy test. You never know anything is possible? I have myself worked up over this thought!

My last period was heavy for 5 days, stopped for 2 days and then I had spotting for 8 days. Before this my cycle for the last 5 months has been 28 days and prior to that it was erratic.

I have hypothyroidism, suffer from depression and I'm perimenopausal; I'm at a loss as to what is causing what as some of the symptoms are similar for all three of my issues.

The most frustrating is I am eating well and exercising regularly and if you looked at me you would not think so.

I feel like I am going crazy at times.

I am seeing my Naturopath Dr. today and I have an appointment with my acupuncturist on Thursday.

I keep reminding myself that if I wasn't taking care of myself it might be worse.

Just needed to rant a little. I know that I'm not alone here.

Karen

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Today is day 42 without a period and I feel and look like I am 5-6 months pregnant! I was tempted to stop at the pharmacy on my way to work and pick up a pregnancy test. You never know anything is possible? I have myself worked up over this thought!

My last period was heavy for 5 days, stopped for 2 days and then I had spotting for 8 days. Before this my cycle for the last 5 months has been 28 days and prior to that it was erratic.

I have hypothyroidism, suffer from depression and I'm perimenopausal; I'm at a loss as to what is causing what as some of the symptoms are similar for all three of my issues.

The most frustrating is I am eating well and exercising regularly and if you looked at me you would not think so.

I feel like I am going crazy at times.

I am seeing my Naturopath Dr. today and I have an appointment with my acupuncturist on Thursday.

I keep reminding myself that if I wasn't taking care of myself it might be worse.

Just needed to rant a little. I know that I'm not alone here.

Karen

Good luck. I hope the naturopath is helpful. I totally know how you're feeling!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    That pregnancy test thing shakes you up! I was on the verge of getting one a few months ago, and then didn't have to. That's one of the only times I've been happy to see TOM come! Can you imagine? A baby at our ages?? I've seen it happen to friends!

OP, I hope you get some relief.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Options
    My Naturpath Dr. recommended Estrovera for the menopausal symptoms and Thyrocare to help my thyroid convert the T4 to T3.

@tigerblue - pregnant at our ages.....bite your tongue.....lol
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    My Naturpath Dr. recommended Estrovera for the menopausal symptoms and Thyrocare to help my thyroid convert the T4 to T3.

@tigerblue - pregnant at our ages.....bite your tongue.....lol
    If you find the Estrovera doesn't meet your needs, I've been using this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IMIFLM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

and eating more phytoestrogenic foods. Between that, and eating fewer carbs, I'm feeling better than I have in eons
    (without the bio-identical progesterone even).
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Options
    Thanks Sabine I made a note of that when you mentioned it before. I will keep it in mind if this one isn't right for me.

I find when I eat whole foods, fewer carbs and limit my grains my body is happier.

Nice to hear that you are feeling the benefits from changing your diet.

Karen
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Thanks Sabine I made a note of that when you mentioned it before. I will keep it in mind if this one isn't right for me.

I find when I eat whole foods, fewer carbs and limit my grains my body is happier.

Nice to hear that you are feeling the benefits from changing your diet.

Karen

I am. I've always eaten pretty well, but was letting more and more refined carbs back in. Now they're back out for the most part.
    I wish I knew exactly WHAT was making me feel better, but I'll take it regardless.