New no-period experience. Has anyone else had this?

Options
2»

Replies

• uptoyoufitness
    uptoyoufitness Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so glad to read that I'm not the only one packing supplies wherever I go! One day my boss asked me why I carry that satchel everyday and I just had to think quickly and say oh, to take my lunch dish back home. Of course it's full of pads and plugs!!!!
  • slenderme2012
    slenderme2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back to MFP after gaining 20 pounds over the last year and was hoping to connect with women starting menopause for guidance. I missed my last 2 periods and was kinda freaking a little that I was pregnant because I have always been very regular. I took 3 at home pregnancy test, that all came back negative, so went to the dr yesterday and she want blood work done to see if its peri menopause or thyroid related. I just need to know so I can fight the weight gain and stay as healthy as possible.
  • yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good morning and thank you for sharing. Over the last 4 years I have suffered mild depression and have had 6 periods, shortest 1 day longest 3 weeks, turned 48 in May. PMS symptoms have reduced to quarterly - ate a Wonderbar Wednesday,cried listening to a song, little irritable too. Restarting MFP with 17 of the 25lbs I have gained over the last 4yrs but the loss of muscle tone and change of body shape is startling. I too keep a stash of pads on hand since my mom laughed when I asked her if she had any :smirk: Eating properly and exercise definitely help me mentally and physically so today I am getting moving and reading two funny blogs about the shift into awesomeness!!!
    Oh and the pregnant thing YIKES !!! The little bundle would be younger then their nephews..
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It was the body shape change that got me too. I've always been a little thick-waisted, but I developed a sort of beer belly shape that I never had before and that was what was most depressing to me. I was very self-conscious about it. I have had really great results with resistance training and I'm feeling much better even though I still have weight to lose. I'm glad you are getting active again and I hope you feel better soon.

You all jinxed me with the pregnancy talk. Since starting HRT I've been mostly regular in my cycle again, but I skipped the last one. I didn't really think about it, except I started getting really painful breasts. I swear though, there's nothing more magical than buying a pregnancy test. I had the box sitting on the sink for this morning and TOM showed up. I've mentioned before that I'm in a different place than most of us mentally -- my husband is younger and we tried for a couple of years with temping and all that and I couldn't get pregnant, so I would be OK with it. How crazy would that have been though after all that? I knew I probably wasn't, but it was a little weird there for a bit.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Eating properly and exercise definitely help me mentally and physically so today I am getting moving and reading two funny blogs about the shift into awesomeness!

@yellowradiates Would you mind sharing links to those blogs? I could use a laugh. Thank you!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    A week late again and wondering! Considering I was never able to conceive, and ended up adopting two, it isn't likely to be pregnancy, but much longer and I may have to purchase a test. . . You never know.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »
    A week late again and wondering! Considering I was never able to conceive, and ended up adopting two, it isn't likely to be pregnancy, but much longer and I may have to purchase a test. . . You never know.

Stupid hormones. I wish I could send you the test I bought but didn't use because TOM started.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »

Stupid hormones. I wish I could send you the test I bought but didn't use because TOM started.

TOM is teasing me. I'll have just a bit of bleeding, then nothing for a couple of days, then a bit more blood, then nothing. . . And I feel bloated and crampy. At least I'm not too cranky, or at least hubs hasn't mentioned it lol!

• yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi there - @editorgrrl I am reading the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans blog - the book; I like the Look of my hands. The second blog was more fitness related. My favourites for a laugh are Janet Evanovich love her books, Despicable Me 1 or 2 or short and Penguins of Madagascar.
  • tkaysmiles
    tkaysmiles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Y'all new here! But having same issues. I'm down to a period every other month or so. But still track on an app to see how far and few between they are getting and if my moods coordinate with any of it. But the hot flashes or just constantly being hot are killing me. Granted I live in South TX so it is freaking hot. But at night I have the house air set at 68. I have a window unit in my room and a ceiling fan and still burn up through the night. While everyone and thing (dogs) are freezing. I have an appt. with a new ob in September but thinking of going the naturapath route. Just hard time finding someone good.