Breakfast pics

Options
just for fun...what does your breakfast look like?

My kids are sleeping in late, for the first time ever since the little guy was born. I'm treating myself to bacon (cooked 3 strips, saving 2 for the kids), kale sautéed in the bacon grease, and eggs cooked in what was left of that yummy grease, with my lazy woman's BPC on the side (coffee with HWC and coconut oil). Not sure I'll be able to finish it all, but it tastes great!

utxql0rnsy2g.jpg

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post about my odd breakfast. No time to cook bacon & eggs today, and not much in the fridge to grab and go..... So I had one cheese stick, and a dill pickle with cream cheese on it. lol. No pics.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    LOL, well that works!
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't generally have time for cooking breakfast. My breakfast usually consists of a large mug of coffee with heavy cream and a chunk of cheese. Sometimes I eat a piece of meat if there's any left over from the night before.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I eat a couple of scrambled eggs, mixed berries, and water. Breakfast is pretty light for me.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    didn't take a pic. A couple thin slices jalapeno spiced ham, half an avocado with a tsp of chia seeds, an ounce of cheese and one of these yummy high fiber flat breads I found. It's usually that in some variation or another (different meat, different cheese) sometimes I add blueberries or strawberries. and a big pot of tea. If on the go, I grab a roasted chicken leg at the deli counter.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, @deksgrl, @luizh, @BikerGirlElaine, @tlmeyn!

I usually have some variation on scrambled eggs and coffee with HWC, often berries or bacon. Today was a deluxe breakfast. I almost never skip breakfast, but I might try it and go the just-coffee route sometime to see how I feel.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm not feeling like having a cooked breakfast I will add more coconut oil and cream to my coffee or have a second cup. That way I don't get hungry before its a good lunch time.
    Most days I either eat breakfast or lunch and not both.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    ztntgined905.jpg
    Bacon and cheddar omelette cooked in butter then topped with butter. I put a tbsp hwc in two eggs and makes the eggs yummy!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I had a couple burgers for breakfast this morning. Which is pretty typical. Sometimes I have more than two. Sometimes I will have steak.
    op0kbe0u4d5h.jpg
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sorry..just eaten it..didn't take pic. We have a different breakfast every day of the week!
    Keto cream cheese cinnamon pancakes
    2 eggs fried and 2 rashers bacon
    2 boiled eggs with cream cheese and butter
    2 eggs scrambled with bacon or smoked salmon
    Slices of smoked salmon with cream cheese rolled into them and loads if black pepper.
    Slices of haloumi fried in ghee then wrapped in slices of pastrami
    There! The week sorted. We don't need lunch..just go straight through to dinner....have a coffee with HWC to top us up.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    ztntgined905.jpg
    Bacon and cheddar omelette cooked in butter then topped with butter. I put a tbsp hwc in two eggs and makes the eggs yummy!

Yum! I love the idea of adding HWC to your eggs. I'm sure the French would do that.

FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I had a couple burgers for breakfast this morning. Which is pretty typical. Sometimes I have more than two. Sometimes I will have steak.
    op0kbe0u4d5h.jpg

When I first glanced at your photo, I thought it was two planet-like burgers floating in space. The salt in the black skillet looked like stars. Can't go wrong with beef for breakfast!

jumanajane wrote: »
    Sorry..just eaten it..didn't take pic. We have a different breakfast every day of the week!
    Keto cream cheese cinnamon pancakes
    2 eggs fried and 2 rashers bacon
    2 boiled eggs with cream cheese and butter
    2 eggs scrambled with bacon or smoked salmon
    Slices of smoked salmon with cream cheese rolled into them and loads if black pepper.
    Slices of haloumi fried in ghee then wrapped in slices of pastrami
    There! The week sorted. We don't need lunch..just go straight through to dinner....have a coffee with HWC to top us up.

Oh my gosh, that all sounds delicious. I might have to ask for your Keto pancake recipe. What's haloumi?
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I neglected to take a picture, but I had 100g bacon, 156g white button mushrooms, 10g butter for cooking, 3 eggs and 2 coffees with 10ml cream each. Boring really but it has been a week since I grocery shopped.
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Mine was picture worthy, it was 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 slices of bacon!!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    In the week i'll usually just have a BPC (with 1 tbsp Kerrygold Butter, 1 tbsp MCT Oil & a good pinch of pure vanilla bean powder. If im feeling hungry or depleted i'll add 1 tbsp collagen and/or 1 tbsp hemp hearts. I sometimes add a pinch ground cinnamon, raw cacao powder or a drop of natural flavoring like caramel/toffee/maple and they taste like a speciality latte.

At the weekends i'll go for something i can chew - bacon, low-carb Waffles, butter & Walden Farm's Calorie Free Pancake Syrup,, or a bacon sandwich in a flax seed bun (and more calorie free syrup, mmm!);. I love flax seed buns way more than oopsies. Using Golden flaxseed makes them lighter in depth of flavor aswell as color. They taste more like wholemeal bread.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My newish routine is to take 3 boiled hen eggs or 2 boiled duck eggs to work in a container with salt and pepper. I eat them around 11am and then have my lunch of salad with chicken or salmon and avocado or olive oil - and another boiled egg - at around 3pm. Usually I'm not even very hungry by then but that routine keeps me from snacking and helps me avoid the hangries till I eat at home around 8pm or so depending on OH's schedule . It works well for me as I'm never hungry and so I eat smaller meals and feel more satisfied. I'm better at fasting in the mornings than the evenings!

Today I was feeling pretty blah so made a bouillon with added salt and liquid aminos (gluten free soy sauce) for breakfast. I could feel my energy returning as I sipped and now feel great. I'm contemplating a couple of eggs around 1pm to carry me through till dinner but at the moment I don't need it particularly. Dinner will be a fabulous birthday meal for my fiancé in Germany so I'm happy to save my calories for that!
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    @mlinton haloumi is a cheese. Its kind of like mozarella but firmer. It comes in a block which we cut into slices and fry in butter or ghee.

Here is the link for the cream cheese pancakes. I love them but be warned you have to have the pan very hot and well oiled. They dont act like normal pancakes as no gluten so let one side cook well and be careful flipping. You can leave out the cinnamon and add other things like lemon zest oor nothing and fill with other things so it acts like a wrap!
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html

I forgot cheese and mushroom omlette in my list!Lol
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    m714qn6g21h1.jpg

1 egg omelet with green and red bell peppers, white cheddar cheese, spinach, chipotle seasoning cooked in butter and a sausage link and half an avocado.
    And my bpc of course.
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend gave me a sore throat he got from one of his students, so I made egg soup with bacon on the side! Chicken flavored bullion cube, shirataki noodles, eggs, and bacon! No pictures, but so good!

I've also been known to make a breakfast sandwich burger, unless of course. 4 oz burger, egg, american cheese, and bacon. With a hint of sriracha and sugar free ketchup. Used lettuce as a "bun". Tied for best burger I've ever had, and first for best breakfast sandwich I've ever had!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    IF'er here: my breakfast was black coffee! :)
    ScXtnjS.jpg
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny I think the Wonder woman mug would definitely give me extra energy along with that great looking breakfast !