Breakfast pics

Options
2»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    @Sunny_Bunny I think the Wonder woman mug would definitely give me extra energy along with that great looking breakfast !

Lol
    I love that mug!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    @Sunny_Bunny I think the Wonder woman mug would definitely give me extra energy along with that great looking breakfast !

Lol
    I love that mug!

Yeah, I think I might have to get me one of those!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    edited June 2015
    Options
    03t2g3x430wu.jpg

Crazy deluxe frittata made from ingredients from yesterday's party. This thing is a bit carb-heavy, so I only ate a quarter of it for breakfast. Saving the rest, will decide later if it's still worth eating. I'm pretty stuffed after a quarter of it.

3 eggs, about a cup of chopped jalapeño sausage, finely chopped white onion and grilled purple onion, chopped zucchini, chopped grilled red and green bell pepper, 8 or so chopped Kalamata olives, topped with half a cup of shredded smoked Gouda. Topped with a little red salsa, and accompanied by coffee with HWC. Delicious!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    03t2g3x430wu.jpg

Crazy deluxe frittata made from ingredients from yesterday's party. This thing is a bit carb-heavy, so I only ate a quarter of it for breakfast. Saving the rest, will decide later if it's still worth eating. I'm pretty stuffed after a quarter of it.

3 eggs, about a cup of chopped jalapeño sausage, finely chopped white onion and grilled purple onion, chopped zucchini, chopped grilled red and green bell pepper, 8 or so chopped Kalamata olives, topped with half a cup of shredded smoked Gouda. Topped with a little red salsa, and accompanied by coffee with HWC. Delicious!

Sounds like a great combo of flavors!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I had three small steaks for breakfast this morning. They were small! Don't judge.

I didn't remember to take a picture.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Since I started LCHF- for the first time in my life I actually started eating breakfast. Usually 2 eggs - fried or scambled, cooked in butter and coconut oil, and 2 slices of bacon or sausage or other meat including Ham or steak and coffee with real heavy cream! What a treat for me, I never had before had such enjoyable success. That has kept me going, feeling energetic and satisfied. Ok... Now. I am reading up on IF. I was trying to decide what might work for me and I still haven't come to any conclusions. I am slowing down on my weekly weight loss totals, but still losing (now on day 58 of LCHF).
    I thought maybe IF could help. Ramp things up again. I just need to figure out how and what might work for me.

This article now suggests, it is good to skip breakfast as part of IF and one should wait to eat until noon:
    http://fitnessblackbook.com/diet-tips/martin-berkhan-scorch-through-your-fat-loss-plateau/

What am I missing? Ye giveth and now taketh away... Thoughts?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you skip breakfast, it is said to continue the natural fat burning process, rather than triggering an insulin response, which ends up storing fat rather than burning it. It's just easiest to tack extra fasting time on since we're already naturally fasting when sleeping. Otherwise, you could use the same interval of fasting while awake, but since you don't sleep through it, you might find it more difficult to fast that long.

www.healthfulpursuit.com has some interesting things to say about this... She has a blog about her rocket fuel latte, why it doesn't trigger insulin responses and her own experiences with the process. Going to go check your article now.

Pretty much he said what I said above. It's easiest to continue a fast. If you are going to push through fasting, continue by skipping breakfast. At first, fasting sucks but you adjust. You'll get a good burn doing fasting first thing. Of course, if you're a huge morning eater, you could stop eating after noon and not eat until 6 am the next day or whatever. It would have the same effect.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Morning. Thought I'd share my typical breakfasty stuff.
    On work days, I've started just having a rocket fuel latte (see post above):
    lyp5ov6cb554.jpg

On my "weekend" like this morning, I have bacon and eggs with French press coffee with heavy cream:
    azf5suq387dn.jpg

And now...to nom my 3 bacons.

-T.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    By the way, little pet peeve of mine since I started eating bacon again...
    The EXTRA SLICE. I usually only have 2 slices of bacon, but there was ONE lonely slice left over in the pack this morning. So I had to cook it. And eat it (oh, the torture! haha). I miscounted, apparently. I am...uh...a little OCD and usually count the bacon slices in the pack before I buy it. If it's a 12 oz pack, it should have 12 slices of bacon. A 16 oz pack should have 16 slices of bacon.
    Yeah yeah...
    I know. :s

-T.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Thanks Knit. I like the tea latte recipe as well. She did say something about your last meal at 9pm your coffee at 9am. For women a fast should not exceed a 12 hr. window or hormone levels can be affected, wacky stuff can happen0xrrwaypakug.gif
    I should probably move this to an IF link. Just wondering how long is a recommended fast for women?
  • mlinton_mesapark
    Options
    fm562uuqpp8b.jpg

Breaking Fast!

Eggs scrambled in bacon grease, leftover egg-smoked salmon-gouda-arugula muffin, sautéed kale and malabar spinach dusted with curry powder, coriander and garlic salt, the last bits of smoked brisket, coffee with HWC. I added salsa to the eggs after this photo.

Weekend breakfasts are fun.