July Goals Thread

Options
2»

Replies

• blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I feel like my loss is rapid and I've never hit 20lb in a month. That's a pretty lofty goal... maybe too lofty? As long as there is loss and you are sticking with the program, it will come. Maybe by the end of July, maybe not. But it is coming - don't get discouraged!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be able to run 10 K at my normal/slow pace (5.0) by the end of the month.
    I'd also like to be able to run a single mile at 5.5

I'm up to 2 miles at 5.5 mph!

I'm running 5.5 miles at 5 mph + (so 1 mile to go--I seriously know I could do it now, it's just running out of time!!)

Now...to be able to do all that outside, in the heat. That's trickier. I'm signed up for a 2-mile fun run a week from Sunday. I need a 5 K and a 10 K to sign up for over the next couple of months. I need an official time to place in one of the corrals for the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February. Which I am *totally* going to do. Hold me to it, folks!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    New week, new goals (for me).
    • I am doing TERRIBLY with protein the past few days. Like really bad. I had to take a nap today. That's my main focus this week.
    • I have a 5K on Saturday. I am going with friends who want to walk, but it's a 5K so there's that. I literally have only "Run a 5K" left on C25K, so that's off the list.
    • Water goals.
    • More weight training.

Anyone else?

Still doing poorly with my protein, mostly because I haven't been able to make any smoothies with my blender on the fritz and I can't replace it until payday. Water is fine. Haven't hit any weights at all this week. :frowning: Still have my 5K coming up on Saturday, and I've ran the end of C25K twice now. My speeds are still pitifully slow so I know I haven't actually run a 5K distance as of yet, but I'm jogging 31 minutes without stopping. I plan to up it a few minutes at a time until I'm actually clocking a distance of 3.1 miles and then see if I can speed up my times gradually.

• 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    New week, new goals (for me).
    • I am doing TERRIBLY with protein the past few days. Like really bad. I had to take a nap today. That's my main focus this week.
    • I have a 5K on Saturday. I am going with friends who want to walk, but it's a 5K so there's that. I literally have only "Run a 5K" left on C25K, so that's off the list.
    • Water goals.
    • More weight training.

Anyone else?

Still doing poorly with my protein, mostly because I haven't been able to make any smoothies with my blender on the fritz and I can't replace it until payday. Water is fine. Haven't hit any weights at all this week. :frowning: Still have my 5K coming up on Saturday, and I've ran the end of C25K twice now. My speeds are still pitifully slow so I know I haven't actually run a 5K distance as of yet, but I'm jogging 31 minutes without stopping. I plan to up it a few minutes at a time until I'm actually clocking a distance of 3.1 miles and then see if I can speed up my times gradually.

Slow isn't bad--it's all about endurance! Once you've got that down, you'll be shocked at how quickly you'll progress to faster speeds and longer distances. (I shocked myself today with a 75 minute, 6.5 mile run!)

If you're jogging 31 minutes without stopping, see if you can run 36-40. It's really not much longer, and I bet you'll hit that 5K mark somewhere in that time frame.

You can do it!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    blairmundy wrote: »
    I feel like my loss is rapid and I've never hit 20lb in a month. That's a pretty lofty goal... maybe too lofty? As long as there is loss and you are sticking with the program, it will come. Maybe by the end of July, maybe not. But it is coming - don't get discouraged!

Thanks Blair - I know it's kind of lofty, my finace' is pacing at 20+ pounds a month every month since surgery and I know we shouldn't compare ourselves to others. But as the head cook and bottlewasher at home I see what we both eat and how we both move...I want to see that scale move darn it! LOL! I am meeting with my NUT next week, she wants to up my intake (calories and amount at a sitting), I struggle getting stuff in so I am apprehensive but thinking good thoughts!
  • cheekitty
    cheekitty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Joysie - I am averaging around 16 lbs per month. I ended up using trendweight.com and a spreadsheet so I could keep better track of averages so I would quit getting upset and angry at the scale. Not sure if it would help you, but if it would, I'm happy to share my excel formulas. :)

My goals for July
    - lose 15 lbs (I have been gaining and losing the same 5 lbs for just over a week and I'm ready to tip over into 100 lbs lost. C'mooon.)
    - Stick with the low carb better than I am. I feel amazing when I keep under 40g 6 days a week, c'mon Brain. You know this.
    - Water. Waaaaaterrrr.
    - Logging
    - 5 workouts a week instead of 3
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    RENAEJAE wrote: »
    @2 weeks post-op

-Exercise 5x/week
    -80g Protein daily
    -64oz water daily
    -Lose 15 lbs during July

This will get me to Onederland :)

@3 weeks post-op

-Continue to stick with exercise/protein/water goals
    -New goal is to work on abs this week
    -Down 5lbs - 10 to go to Onderland :p

@ 4 weeks post-op

- Eat SLOWER and do NOT drink for 30 min after eating
    - Ab workouts and walk at least 10,000 steps a day.
    - Down 10lbs - 6lbs to Onderland!
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    My goals for the week:
    • Enjoy my husband's birthday today - DONE!
    • Protein, protein, protein
    • Try at least one new recipe
    • Start working on REALLY hitting a 5K run length (and not just 31 minutes)
    • Water
  • joysie1970
    Options
    cheekitty wrote: »
    Joysie - I am averaging around 16 lbs per month. I ended up using trendweight.com and a spreadsheet so I could keep better track of averages so I would quit getting upset and angry at the scale. Not sure if it would help you, but if it would, I'm happy to share my excel formulas. :)
    Thanks so much! I would love to hear how it works!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    @2 weeks post-op

-Exercise 5x/week
    -80g Protein daily
    -64oz water daily
    -Lose 15 lbs during July

@3 weeks post-op

@ 4 weeks post-op

@ 5 weeks post-op

- Continue Eat SLOWER and do NOT drink for 30 min after eating
    - Add protein powder to water so I can reach 60g/day consistently
    - Ab workouts (for real this week)!!
    - Down 13lbs - 3lbs to Onderland (11 days left in July to meet this milestone!)
  • joysie1970
    Options
    joysie1970 wrote: »
    cheekitty wrote: »
    Thanks so much! I would love to hear how it works!
    I would love to see how it works! I am definitely not going to meet that goal...LOL! My body just came out of three week stall again, I seem to lose for a week to ten days (just lost 4lbs in two days) and then stall out for 3 weeks or so, so I guess I need to be patient and it will come when it comes but would love to have a more scientific method for tracking it.
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    I'm back from my trip and I'm glad to say that despite my limited food options (I was touring with a competitive group whose food was served to them on a planned menu), I managed to do a lot of eating out of my "bus box" of healthy snacks rather than eating the pasta salad and carb-heavy meals that were served.

Anyway, my goals for the week:
    • Get back into my exercise plan. I was taking 12,000+ steps each day while I was gone, but it still messed up my routine.
    • Get outdoors with my son and help him with his upcoming soccer season.
    • Add some sort of pilates, planks, pushups, etc. to my exercise.
    • Weights
    • Water
    • Protein
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    @2 weeks post-op

-Exercise 5x/week
    -80g Protein daily
    -64oz water daily
    -Lose 15 lbs during July

@3 weeks post-op

@ 4 weeks post-op

@ 5 weeks post-op

@ 6 weeks post-op

- Increase fluids
    - Met my July Goal >> Down 16lbs - Reached Onderland !!!!

Thinking about August goals today... hhhmmmm
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    1 year 3 weeks post op (RNY)
    Get back to consistently walking my dogs! Or my dogs walking me whichever way you look at it! ;)
  • joysie1970
    Options
    @2 weeks post-op

-Exercise 5x/week
    -80g Protein daily
    -64oz water daily
    -Lose 15 lbs during July

@3 weeks post-op

@ 4 weeks post-op

@ 5 weeks post-op

@ 6 weeks post-op

- Increase fluids
    - Met my July Goal >> Down 16lbs - Reached Onderland !!!!

Thinking about August goals today... hhhmmmm

Congrats on reaching Onederland!!!!