How about some dinner pics?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love étouffée too....with crawfish....

Definitely with crawfish! I took the easy way out with the gumbo by using shrimp since I could buy it already shelled and my kids would have had issues with the crawfish... So the shrimp version was more palatable for the whole family.
    They just don't know what they're missing!
    But I love it when dinner is keto friendly and feeds the whole family and I don't have to make anything different or additional for them!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I had this as a late lunch really, but it could be a dinner. 1w98cyuzqenc.jpg

Tuna with mayo and chopped dill pickle on cucumbers sprinkled with sea salt.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Chili with chipotle hot sauce and sour cream k1p9q6ydhhcy.jpg
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options

Oooh, that looks LUSH!

• auntstephie321
    Options

Oooh, that looks LUSH!

It was, I keep wanting to eat more, I'd lick the pot out if I could
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    mevjz1lofmje.jpg
    Tonight my husband actually requested this recipe.
    http://www.johnsonville.com/recipe/italian-sausage-pepper-skillet.html
    But I made it with what I had on hand. Onion seasoning instead of onions and no tomatoes. Cooked in coconut oil and threw in a Tbs butter and made fresh green beans with butter on the side.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    g0tj1soanien.jpg
    Bacon wrapped cheese stuffed chicken thighs baked in the oven.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    As it started cooking

Sockeye salmon

oqxvkpep1rrz.jpg

• natalialikescookies
    natalialikescookies Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    6jv9rnr4yf2d.jpg

Honey-Dijon salmon (with only 1/2tsp of honey) and asparagus with bacon, onion, and a couple of cherry tomatoes, tossed in a Dijon-balsamic vinaigrette.
    Yum!!!
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    kal17xua222d.jpg

This was my brunch, but still... I didn't eat the bread or baked beans. I did eat the six egg scramble, eight rashers of crispy bacon and six chipolatas though!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a picture of ours last night, but I pounded round steak thin, and filled my guy's with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, and sauteed green bell peppers and onions. Served his on multi-grain ciabatta. Mine was the same steak, pounded thin, filled with cream cheese, cheddar - yellow mild and extra sharp white - and some seasoning. I sliced mine thin and ate as is. I couldn't finish but a third of what ended up on my plate!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I didn't get a picture of ours last night, but I pounded round steak thin, and filled my guy's with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, provolone cheese, and sauteed green bell peppers and onions. Served his on multi-grain ciabatta. Mine was the same steak, pounded thin, filled with cream cheese, cheddar - yellow mild and extra sharp white - and some seasoning. I sliced mine thin and ate as is. I couldn't finish but a third of what ended up on my plate!

Mmm this sounds great, Knit. After pounding the steak how did you fill it? - spread it over the surface and roll up like a swiss roll, or...? And how did you cook it?

I love me some steak (its what we had tonight- a gorgeous 10oz Rib Eye that i only ate half of) but we always prepare it simply, sprinkled with steak seasoning and fried in butter for 4 or 5mins each side. Gorgeous, but a more exciting way of eating steak would be great.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Little effort put in to this one, frozen fish and salad with spicy ranch, was good though those little things have hardly any cals mnquiagzmcf0.jpg
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    This is the 7x7 from Steak 'n Shake, plain with no bun.

rr2jh2vi0a6r.jpg

It was a bit too cheesy for me. It would be better as a 7x4 or 7x3. I could probably get it as a 7x0 and avoid all the cheese entirely. Especially since I am "trying" to stop eating dairy. LOL
    7x7.jpg 91.3K
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Mmm this sounds great, Knit. After pounding the steak how did you fill it? - spread it over the surface and roll up like a swiss roll, or...? And how did you cook it?

I love me some steak (its what we had tonight- a gorgeous 10oz Rib Eye that i only ate half of) but we always prepare it simply, sprinkled with steak seasoning and fried in butter for 4 or 5mins each side. Gorgeous, but a more exciting way of eating steak would be great.

Usually, for each 1-1.5 pound piece, I fill it with about 1 brick of cream cheese and cheese or veggie blend. And this is the cheap cut of meat. I think they were $3-$4 per pound on clearance - regular. So $3 per pound on clearance. I would NEVER do this with meat that's already awesome.

I haven't gotten it to pound out thin enough to cook like a swiss roll. You'd have to tuck up the ends to keep the stuff from coming out, so the first time I did it (I butterflied one steak in half then pounded it flat. This time was two steaks), I just rolled it up and "pinned" it closed with tooth picks because I didn't have kitchen twine. This time was a larger "roll" for the veggie one, less so for my cheesy one.

I would say that if you can pound it so thin it's almost torn, do it like the swiss cake roll. Otherwise, don't wrap too much meat inside or you'll have to cook it longer. I think the recipe I loosely based this on called for searing the meat before moving it to the oven, but I didn't. I just stuck it under the broiler.

When I reheat it, I'm going to spread my cheese on top (it oozed out mostly) so it gets carmelized and bubbly, and with his, I'm going to pick up some more provolone to put on top.
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited July 2015
    Options
    And last night, I cooked some eye of round steaks perfectly. OMG. Watching MasterChef pays off sometimes! In butter. Side was green beans sauteed with cooked bacon pieces (in the bacon fat) added slivered almonds, and butter at the end for taste. As soon as I can get to wifi, I'll shoot y'all a picture. The HIS version also had a slice of multigrain toast with salted butter, whereas the HERS plate got all the pan drippings and butter! Guess whose plate was cleaner after... LOL
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice ideas.
    I had a busy day and brought home a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Cut off the thigh portion and inhaled all 3 oz in nothing flat. I intended to have it with this:

tqtk3gaagx8o.jpg

Fresh avocado was on sale for 25 cents each. Had them sprinkled with hatch green chili powder salt, and filled with sour cream. Mmm.

-T.