Is there any kind of July challenge in the works?

Options
azcowgirrlup
azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
I can't participate in any physical or exercise based challenge, but I was wondering if there is another kind of LCHF challenge being considered....

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    This is a great question. We'd love one. Any ideas?
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    IF challenge? I don't know which challenges you've already done. Apropos to the MFP blog post today.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I'd be up for a challenge (like im not challenged enough, lol)
  • azcowgirrlup
    Options
    IF challenge? I don't know which challenges you've already done. Apropos to the MFP blog post today.

I am somewhat of a newbie, so I have not done any challenges yet, other than the challenge of learning as much as I can here :-D
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'd be up for an IF challenge (moderate) or even a water fast (advanced).

I have been wondering if either of those would help me get a little zing in the loss (yes, I know. I'm impatient, it's swimsuit season!)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    Options
    I'm a total newbie, too. I was thinking the theme could be IF, but each of us could individually decide what kind of IF we want to commit to.

For me personally, it would be trying to delay breakfast until 11am, just drinking black coffee and water until then. At which point, it would be brunch. I've been informally stopping my eating day at the end of dinner (usually done by 7pm), so that would give my body a 16-hour break from food. I reserve the right to make adjustments as needed if it impacts my milk supply.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    We could do an IF one. We'd need two things:
    1. A kick-[butt] name that describes it, preferably with alliteration (Ad-Lib April, Meativore May, Just-one June, J**** July?)
    2. Someone doing it to run it (decide on the rules and post weekly check-in threads)

I can't [reasonably] do an IF challenge. I eat when I am hungry, regardless of time of day. Typically, that works out to twice a day. But, if it works out to being five times in a day, I just roll with it.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    Options
    Just-water June? Kinda lame but if I think something better, I'll let you know! I bet someone out there is cleverer than me with names.

I'll think about running it and let you know. I am a novice at LCHF, and totally inexperienced with fasting. I only know enough to be dangerous. Maybe some of you kind folks could mentor me.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's too bad most of you use calories and not kilojoules. You can have joule-delay July or something like that otherwise.

I already did IF this month so my own personal challenge is to up my kilojoules to prevent binges and hangryness.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    Just because we use calories doesn't mean we can't call it joule delay July. The idea is the same.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'll volunteer to run it, if you like. :#

Jentacular Juramentum July?
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think IF is a great July theme!
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    I'll volunteer to run it, if you like. :#

Jentacular Juramentum July?

If you want to run it, you're welcome to take the lead on it. You need to decide a check-in schedule. Whenever you post the thread, I'll (or another group leader) will make sure to pin it to the top of the group. You also need to decide the specific rules.

I am also fine with this name, as long as everyone else is. The fact that I had to look up two of the three words is impressive. I normally consider my vocabulary extensive. It's rare that I need to go look up a word. LOL
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'd like to participate but not if it's IF. I can't, and don't want to, limit how much I eat on certain days. But majority rules so maybe I'll see what's up for August
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    TiaBia9 wrote: »
    I'd like to participate but not if it's IF. I can't, and don't want to, limit how much I eat on certain days. But majority rules so maybe I'll see what's up for August

There will always be another challenge. If you have any ideas for August, let us know. Not every challenge is for everyone, unfortunately.
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    TiaBia9 wrote: »

There are different kinds of IF; no calorie reduction involved. It's just pertains to the timing of your meals.

• azcowgirrlup
    Options
    I am in. The limited info I have on IF seems to me like within a 24 hour period you fast for say 18 hours and then the next 6 hours you get your macros in? I am just using 18 / 24 as an example, I assume you can adjust this. If this is wrong I will do some more reading lol
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of IF and think that we should be flexible in our interpretation of the timing based on our individual requirements. I used to water fast for days following a binge and hope that one of the rules is that we do not use this as an excuse to increase carb intake.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I was thinking if would be good too. I'm somewhat interested in it but don't have enough info yet so a group challenge would be helpful
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I do a challenge if we had one whether its exercise related, pound related or food related