JULY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @scarfe9991: Glad to hear you are getting a little running in without any discomfort.
    Yesterday I developed a blister under my middle toe nail. Common with runners but my first. I guess it is from the heat, humidity and sweating, even though I wore wicking socks and body lubed. Wow, what a painful thing. Who would ever think something as stupid as a blister could hurt. So I tried some easy cycling since walking was too painful.
    July 20: 6 miles of cycling for 5 miles and 1 mile walking the fur babies
    TTD: 207.7 miles

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,907 Member
    Options
    Wow, was away a day and missed so much. Too much to comment on but all very inspiring.

I've been plugging away at my training plan. The weirdly cool weather we were having is replaced by the more typical summer heat and humidity so I'm doing my best as early as I can. I just looked at my total and was surprised to see that I'm at 113 miles! That means I passed goal without even realizing it LOL.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    These late nights are making posting really hard. I hope I am at least mostly coherent. Added 5.5 miles today for a July total of 95.5 miles.

exercise.png

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 8.41 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

CONGRATS to JANET (@JTH11706) for making GOAL!!! Surprise!! :drinker: :drinker:
    Dave
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Adding 16 miles for 255 out of 300.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    July Goal: 150 miles
    Yearly Walking Challenge 669/1500 miles ytd

7/01 - 3 miles
    7/02 - 7/05: 12 miles walking, 12 miles biking
    7/06 - 4 miles
    7/07 - 4 miles walking, 2 miles biking (+ weight lifting!)
    7/08 - 4 miles (+ yoga)
    7/08 - 4 miles walking, 8 miles biking
    7/09 - 7/14: 31 miles walking
    7/15 - 4 miles walking, 2 miles biking
    7/16 - 6 miles
    7/17 - 7/20: 12 miles walking, 21 miles biking
    7/21 - 4 miles walking (+ yoga)

133/150
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    16.8 mile uneventful bike ride with the girls' group. Uneventful is good- last time we rode this route we had to change 2 flats on the same tire!

exercise.png
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    July 1 - 1.5km
    July 2 - 8km
    July 3 - 2.2km
    July 5 - 3km
    July 6 - 2.2km
    July 7 - 3.5km
    July 8 - 1.5km
    July 9 - 2.2km
    July 10 - 8km
    July 11 - 1.1km
    July 13 - 2.2km
    July 14 - 2.2km
    July 15 - 2.2km
    July 16 - 2.2km
    July 18 - 2.5km
    July 19 - 3.2km
    July 20 - 7.2+5.8km
    July 21 - 9km
    July 19 - 11km

Total 80.7/100km
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    7/21- 12.78 miles walking/biking/elliptical
    Total to date - 132.25 of 160 miles
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    Got my 3.5 mile charity lunch walk in today. Sunny & warm, but not unbearable thankfully. The humidity was reasonable for a change. :smiley:

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    new ttd 78.2 miles
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    13.7 miles. 10.6 in cycle class, then 3.1 miles on the treadmill. I ended up watching Days of Our Lives. I stopped watching that about twenty years ago and half the cast is still there. Oh, and I did a TRX class before all this. Now I'm in my jammies in the middle of the afternoon.

exercise.png

• scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    @clepant owie sorry about the blister!!! I've been super lucky, I don't think I've ever had one nor lost toenails! Fingers crossed! Thanks for thinking of me but...

UGGGH I walked this morning and then attempted running second day in a row and couldn't because of the knee. Super bummed. So I went to urgent care doc, had an X-ray (it's fine) and now have a MRI referral. BOO that he said no running, no elliptical but bike's ok. I'm trying not to be sad but it sucks. I will never take for granted well functioning body parts again! I feel for everyone here who's also going through injuries and accidents and healing but still unable to do what you love. It stinks! We will get there, though! I'm going to go to the new in town yoga studio tonight as I've been meaning to go but putting it off, maybe something new will make me feel better. Without the added pressure on knee of course. I've practiced enough to know how to modify when I need to
    From walk this AM:

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

7/22

3.79 miles (exercise bike) & .36 miles (elliptal) & .1 mile (walking)

4.25 miles total for today

58.59 miles done and 8.59 miles over goal..... :)
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »
    18th: in bed, sick
    19th: in bed sick
    20th: nearly in bed sick
    21st: 0.99 m treadmill, 8.15 m stationary bike MTD 45.92 m

Re-setting my target to 70. Caught some sort of virus of my grandson and it totally floored me. It's swept through three generations and both sides of the family. The little man is oblivious!!

exercise.png

Hope all the surgeries and injuries are progressing well and people are caring for their bodies in the way they'd encourage others to!!

Thanks.. :)
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    22nd miles 5.02 purposeful walking MTD 50.94

exercise.png

Went for a long walk after supper tonight with DH. Finally feel well enough to move my *kitten*. Though I'm fortunate - it's been a viral infection where recovery has been a few days - not a joint injury like those peppering this board!!

ETA - it's fab to see the tender shoots of recovery amongst those injured.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    5.87 miles walked today

117.4 miles walked to date
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Nice rest day yesterday, but back to the challenge today. I am leaving in the morning, headed back to Bend OR to be a volunteer for a professional bicycle road race, The Cascades Cycling Classic multi stage race. Trek Factory, Bontreager, Hincape racing teams and Chris Horner's Airgas-Safeway team will be there, plus many other continental teams. I think BMC will also have a team there. I work the Mt Bachelor road race, they ride around the mountain 3 times. But I get to watch the twilight criterium (like NASCAR on bicycles). Gonna get to do some more riding with my son. I am not putting in near the miles I have before, but this healing thing is slow, but getting better. Will not be posting miles until Sunday when I get home.

07/21 - 02.0 miles walking

Total: 178.0 miles

07/22 - 10.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 17)

Total: 188.0 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @scarfe991: I am so sorry to hear about your knee. I know how much you enjoy running. I was not back to decent running until about March of this year. It took about a year to recover from my surgery and I will never run as good as I did one year ago. A new reality as spikesmom said. But I am running again and for that I am grateful. To feel the wind in my face, to rise with the sun when no one is out but a few, to feel so good when I finish is still worth the time it took to heal. Running keeps my weight off too. Last year I picked up about 15 pounds and my PT group was shocked to see how much I had lost since being there a year ago, So I feel for you but remember that you only get one real knee so continue to take care of it even though it stinkss

Walking is better but no running due to toe nail still draining. The weather is beautifully cool in AM with low humidity. I mounted my Alexa and took her for an easy ride. I think that today will send me over a new mileage total.
    July 22: 13 miles of walking for 3 miles and cycling for 10 miles
    TTD: 220.7 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.