JULY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    Thanks for all the positive thoughts for me today. I finished my half. While the course is often a new PR for many it was to be so for the majority of folks today. Started our run at 6:45 with a temperature of 77 not counting heat index. Finished with a temp at 86 and the heat index was 91. Humidity and dew point was sky high. Every mile was a drain and most runners struggled to get past 10. In fact a young gal was collapsed from heat and dehydration. The only thing that saved me and many was that often we were in the shadows of trees and on a very level course with an occasional breeze. I stopped and walked with a stage 1 diabetic who was not sure whether or not his insulin level was okay. A wheel chair participant stopped and a volunteer duct taped his hands from blisters. Two times I stopped sweating and was concerned about fluid loss even though I stopped at ten water stations. ( I sweat profusely.) The club holding the event brought a garbage can filled with ice water at mile 11 and distributed ice cold soaked paper towels. I crossed the finish by the grace of God. I almost wished it had rained. My shirt goes off to all you marathoners that have run long distances in these conditions. I have a new respect for those that have done it. Aside from that, I stayed together with KT tape although my repaired left knee is very sore.
    Today I gratefully log 15.6 miles of running 13.1 and walking 2.5 miles
    TTD: 192.2 miles

exercise.png

Quite the ordeal. Glad you made it through. Advil and some really good hydration with electrolytes and you'll be ready to do it again tomorrow. :smile:
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options

Sorry for your loss. Not to burst your bubble, but I think the rest day is on Tuesday. [/quote]

Tuesday? Your just full of all sorts of good news. I just checked the sheet, your right. One more day, then rest.

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    We are having another heat wave. It was 100 degrees today, have to take two bottles of water, one for drinking, one for pouring into my helmet to keep cool. Felt like a wet dishrag, when I got home, did just that, put a wet wash cloth on my head!

07/15 - 10.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 11)
    07/16 - 11.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 12)
    07/17 - 12.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 13)
    07/18 - 09.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 14)
    07/19 - 10.0 miles cycling (TdF Challenge Stage 15)

Total: 166.0 miles

exercise.png

• belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    ... not a bad week for me! Managed to keep myself on track ... 23 miles to go but with some vacation time coming up I had better watch it! Form has shown me when I get time off I literally take the time off rather than using it wisely for something like getting a few miles in ;) !!!!!

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

7/19

4.10 miles (exercise bike). & .1 mile walking

4.20 miles for today

46.32 miles done and 3.68 miles to go... :)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    Options
    Took Bean out this morning while it was still cool...ha! that didn't last...then jumped on the recumbent because somebody is way behind...just sayin' :o

Sun - 6.39 miles walking
    Sun - 12.0 miles recumbent

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a grand Monday!

Chris
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/19 Run 3.50 miles / Walk 3.5 miles

As 7/19 160 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Went to my niece's wedding yesterday. Had a great time and got to hold my sister's five week old granddaughter during the wedding too. :) (Someone had to, it was her mom and dad getting married) Today I had to get out early for my walk to avoid the worst of the heat and the raging thunderstorms. It looks like I will be in the green for the next couple of hours anyway.

3.25 miles yesterday, 7.25 miles today. July total 84 miles.

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I had a relaxing day today but did get in 10 on the ex bike.

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 25.78 miles...

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    Thanks for all the positive thoughts for me today. I finished my half. While the course is often a new PR for many it was to be so for the majority of folks today. Started our run at 6:45 with a temperature of 77 not counting heat index. Finished with a temp at 86 and the heat index was 91. Humidity and dew point was sky high. Every mile was a drain and most runners struggled to get past 10. In fact a young gal was collapsed from heat and dehydration. The only thing that saved me and many was that often we were in the shadows of trees and on a very level course with an occasional breeze. I stopped and walked with a stage 1 diabetic who was not sure whether or not his insulin level was okay. A wheel chair participant stopped and a volunteer duct taped his hands from blisters. Two times I stopped sweating and was concerned about fluid loss even though I stopped at ten water stations. ( I sweat profusely.) The club holding the event brought a garbage can filled with ice water at mile 11 and distributed ice cold soaked paper towels. I crossed the finish by the grace of God. I almost wished it had rained. My shirt goes off to all you marathoners that have run long distances in these conditions. I have a new respect for those that have done it. Aside from that, I stayed together with KT tape although my repaired left knee is very sore.
    Today I gratefully log 15.6 miles of running 13.1 and walking 2.5 miles
    TTD: 192.2 miles

exercise.png

Congratulations to you!! I live where we rarely have humidity and I don't know how you all do it!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    So much for riding today. Four surgeries and I'm wiped out.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    7/17 - 2 miles
    7/18 - 6 miles
    7/19 - 8 miles

79/100
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Adding 32 miles for a great ride with one of my girl friends yesterday. We are pretty well matched (except she's a beast on the hills) so it was a fun, hard ride.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

CONGRATS on making GOAL to @WANDERAN!!!! :drinker: :star:

@CLEPANT - That sounded like my worst running nightmare!! So glad you survived it without any incidents of your own! :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    July 1 - 1.5km
    July 2 - 8km
    July 3 - 2.2km
    July 5 - 3km
    July 6 - 2.2km
    July 7 - 3.5km
    July 8 - 1.5km
    July 9 - 2.2km
    July 10 - 8km
    July 11 - 1.1km
    July 13 - 2.2km
    July 14 - 2.2km
    July 15 - 2.2km
    July 16 - 2.2km
    July 18 - 2.5km
    July 19 - 3.2km
    July 20 - 7.2km

Total 54.9/100km
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,408 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Up early for a nice long stretching walk with my fur babies. Got on my bike and did a few very easy loops in my neighborhood to see how my shoulder felt on the bike. My PT exercises must be working as I had no pain on my run yesterday..praise God.
    @ Dave: If I choose to run this again next year, I will definitely decide not to do it under similar conditions. It truly was the hardest run based on weather conditions.
    July 20: 9.5 miles consisting of a 4.5 mile walk with fur buds and cycling very easy for 5 miles
    TTD: 201.7 miles

exercise.png

• queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    7/16 through 7/19- 30.89 miles walking/biking
    Total to date - 113.89 of 160 miles
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,408 Member
    Options
    Some of the regulars on here remember spikesmom. I have been keeping in touch with her since her car accident when the high school student hit her in his SUV. I checked in with her last week and I don't think she would mind me sharingher progress.

"hi there, Char!
    I'm good, still healing. It's a lot more complicated than I thought. I go in for another round of surgeries on the 23rd, but all in all, I'm blessed. It's just a much different reality than what I once knew. Oh well. Hopefully these next surgeries will get me to be more mobile. I'm walking, but steps, and with a serious limp. I did hit a mile the other day!

Thanks so much for thinking of me! I was hoping to be back to the challenge, but hoepfully I will be able to move my @ss more after I heal from surgery! Take care and keep moving!! "

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she will be undergoing more surgery this week. I truly understand what she means by "a different reality". And I am sure all of you that have undergone surgeries and illnesses know how precious your health is and how in an instant it can be changed forever. I know that she continues to perservere but it may never be the same.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    @CLEPANT - First off....CONGRATS on making your GOAL already!!! :drinker: :drinker: And secondly, thank you so much for the update on @SPIKESMOM! I've been wondering how she's doing. Sounds like she's in pretty good spirits especially considering what she's going through. I will definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers. :smile:

Dave
This discussion has been closed.