Like Minded Lushes - July 2015

Options

Replies

• bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Syd, I think that is so much fun that you get to hang out with your son!

Robin, I LOVE sweet tea vodka. I may have to pick some of that up tomorrow...that sounds so delish!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Mama Lush, Burnett's makes a sweet tea vodka too and it's less than half the cost of Firefly. I always mix it (with pink lemonade and a splash of cran and serve at my Derby parties - it's the Ashley Palmer) so I don't mind to buy cheap vodka to mix.

I drink a lot with my parents. As in quantity, not frequency. :drinker:

I'm going to go home and have a dirty martini.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I love hanging out and drinking with my parents!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-2 vodka tonics
    Wednesday-1 beer and 2 vodka tonics
    Thursday-1/2 flight (AMAZING Avery flight) 1 16oz beer, 1/2 10oz beer and 1/2 12oz beer.....so just over 3 beers total.
    Friday-margaritas...making a tamale casserole :bigsmile:

Lenny and I started the 30 day Shred together....we are on day 3 and ouchy..everything hurts, but it's a good hurt and I can't wait see results. We decided to do 30 days straight with no breaks, that way we can be done when we go up the poconos in August.

Tomorrow we are brewing, which = lots of drinks. Sunday, Cake concert. Off monday...it's gonna be a good weekend kiddies!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred like 5 years ago. I saw really good results. I did 30 days as well and only missed one day. I did 6 week 6 pack after Daphne and had good results with that too just doing it 3 days a week. The problem is, I pretty much hate workout videos. I tried to do 6W6P again and loathed it, so quit. I don't mind yoga videos, and I even have a kettlebell workout video I like pretty well, but I just don't dig videos.

Well we started our visit off right.... I had a beer on the walk to dinner, 2 bottles of wine at dinner, and 3 more at home in the hot tub between 3 of us. I made a cocktail at midnight or something stupid, but it was terrible so I dumped it out and went to bed. Still feeling a little rough today. I'm hoping tonight will be a little more mellow.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    More drunken Palmers last night. Doug is working from home so I didn't have to wake at 3:00 for his alarm and we slept in until 4:30 when my alarm goes off so I feel pretty good. TGIF. Not sure what I will have this weekend.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Ashley, not only do I hate videos (except yoga, like you) I also hate Jillian Michaels. I did it about 4 years and then my mom bought me ripped in 30...I did maybe 2 days, I can't stand her. But we really needed to jump start things!!! I warned Lenny that by day 4 he would be cursing at the tv...and I was wrong, it happened at day 3 :laugh:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You gotta mute Jillian...that's the only way she's semi-tolerable.

Well I am now battling plantar fasciitis. (I swear my body is falling apart :'( ) Between that and my shoulder, I'm pretty well sidelined from any major workouts. So I'll do some yoga and rest this weekend. But no workouts means no calories for drinking. We'll see if I can rack up a 0 or 2.
    The rest of you will have my share, I'm sure. :drinker: Enjoy!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Yes, Jillian is annoying. And I didn't mind her on The Biggest Loser too much, but she's awful in her videos.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    No zeros for me either. I have been hitting calorie and workout goals, so I call that a win.
    Syd, plantar fasciitis sucks.
    Bridge- holy cow on the zeros.
    Wife and I do the Jillian videos. We listen to music and have it muted.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred for 30 days also, and I think any kind of video like that gets annoying (I did Dennis Austin videos back in the day, I think she was worse;), I listen to it the first time, then I mute and play music!
    And you guys have me wanting to try the Sweet Tea vodka, I don't think I have ever! Will make some Ashley Palmers for my next get together!
    no 0s...
    Tuesday=3 glasses of white wine
    Wed=5 beers
    Thursday=2 glasses of red

and now it's Friday! Have a great weekend!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Iced tea vodka is also good mixed with water and saves on cals :wink:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    ooh I cannot wait to have a beer!

Jillian makes me crazy too, but I have almost all of her DVDs. Muted with your own music is the way to go!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Big shocker....I was a total lush this weekend. Although I did end with beers Friday (instead of pounding wine till 1am), I stopped drinking a couple hours before bed Saturday, and yesterday had a few drinks throughout the day but was falling asleep on the couch by 10. So I guess it could have been worse. Could have been better too. I got no workouts in other than some walking. This week I WILL dry out till at least Thursday. We're off Friday going to a music fest. We'll be seeing Cold War Kids, Cage the Elephant, San Fermin, Sam Smith, Houndmouth and some other bands I do not know. Good times. So Friday will be a little lushy, but I'd like the rest of the weekend to not be. I got pretty much nothing accomplished this weekend and feel generally disorganized. I love having company, but I always love to see them go..... Have a great week all!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Can't believe another weekend has flown by so quickly!

We took our pup Gemma to the vet this weekend because we had been noticing a popping sound coming from her hips and that she is limping sometimes. So, naturally...that is not good and she has to have an x-ray this coming Friday. They think it is probably hip dysplasia :( UGH! Really need some good news instead of bad. I'm hoping that it is something that we have caught early enough that she won't have to have any type of surgery soon...or hopefully any surgery at all! AHH. I need something really good to happen for once.

Monday - 0
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Awww...good luck with your pup, Bridget. Hope she's ok!
    I managed a 0 on Friday. Got insoles for my shoes to help with my heel...seems to help so I exercised both Sat and Sunday...which of course gave me an excuse to drink. Had too much yesterday because both the husband and I needed to after spending 3+ hours fixing our dryer which wasn't working. I'll spare you all the details...but we did manage to get it working. We went straight to the tequila after!
    I'll get a 0 today. Maybe a couple this week before we take off again Friday.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 0

My goal is 2 more this week. And I'm nice and sore from lifting during lunch yesterday. Yessss....
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Aww good luck with Gemma, Bridget!!!

Friday-1/2 bottle of tequila
    Saturday-3 beers and 3 vodka tonics
    Sunday-1 mead flight, 2 vodka tonics before the concert, 6 coronas in the concert, and one after the concert.
    Monday-2 beers at lunch then 1 beer back at the house.
    Not incredibly lushy...especially since I can remember everything I drank :laugh:

Had a great weekend...back to work today...hoping this week flies by!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sounds fun Katie!
    Damn I miss lifting :(
    0-Monday
    another 0 today?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I was fairly lushy this weekend, I had my family visiting and Friday we went for Mexican food, I had a marg and three beers.
    Saturday-gender reveal party (it's a boy) I had 3 glasses of wine and 3 beers; and the mom-to-be gave me the leftover open wine bottles, so I finished bottle one that night watching Netflix (the Killing Season 3)
    Sunday-I finished bottle two
    Monday=3 miller lites. I didn't get to the outdoor movie because it was rainy, but still had popcorn and finished the Killing!
    tonight I am going for mani/pedi and maybe a drink after...

I joined Planet Fitness and I went for the first time on Sunday. It's nice, they have the red-light therapy and hydro massage beds that are free with membership and that's only $20/month but I think I will have to keep my membership at the worksite fitness center because they have no squat rack (and seem to be the anti-gym in a lot of ways, not that I care but I didn't realize they were kicking girls out for looking too good, haha).

For now I am training for Warrior Dash (year 5!) and so I am just running and doing the Spartacus circuit for training. But in the fall I wanted to try German Volume Training and will need to have that squat rack...

Let me know what they say about your pup, Jemma, Bridget, I hope it's not serious. I didn't think hip dysplasia was a problem with mixed breeds and when they are young! When I was a kid we raised a guide dog hopeful but she was adopted by us when they diagnosed her with hip dyplasia during her physical, she was Golden. She died from luekemia at 8 years though, and her hips never bothered her apparently.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Thanks, Kate! I try to be positive, but I'm more of a "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" kind of person. My hubby is the optimist. LOL. And it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!! Sounds fun!!

Amy look at you go!! :) I will definitely let you know what they say about Gemma. My vet said it is uncommon to see it in puppies, especially since she is only 9 months old. But, he also said it is possible it could be nothing, but we shall see what the x-ray says. At the worst option she'll need surgery, but that could be something that needs to be done now or later, depending on which one we chose. One option is like a total hip replacement which just sounds like too much for a pup as young as she is. So, I don't know. She still runs and jumps and is crazy around the house...just limps every now and again. Just crazy! We just attract special animals. LOL. Our cat (who is a Ragdoll) is deathly allergic to vaccinations so he will never get one again in his life. Now Gemma with her hip. Everything will be okay...it just has to be!