Like Minded Lushes - July 2015

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yes Bridget...positive thoughts...things always seem to work out even if it's not the way expected xo

Monday-delicious mango mead we got that the meadery Sunday.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Positive thought for Gemma. I know about special dogs. Bodi still has some really bad days.

So I celebrated my 5 year service award at work and I also celebrated my 2 years with the same job. Both huge milestones for me since I never stay in the same position for more than a year and the longest I had been with a company before Boeing was 2 and a half years. I had a little too much wine last night but I am good.

So I gotta get back to it. Take care lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I cooked with wine when I made my marinara sauce...so of course I had to have some.
    Monday -0
    Tuesday -2 glasses of wine
    Wednesday - more wine? Depends how much exercise I get in.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    mani/pedi rescheduled for Thursday, I went to a friend's and we split a bottle of red, and part of another one. Came home and had a little more from the box.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Last night I had 8oz of our delicious IPA and 1 vodka tonic. I can fit the booze in, but its the snacks that are killing me, I need to start having some self control :grumble:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - about 2 bottles.....oops....so
    Thursday will be a 0 even though we're both off work. I may have a beer.

I have decided I shouldn't drink wine during the week. I went to the zoo with my friend I've known since 1989 and her 18 month old. Then after our girls napped, she came back over and we proceeded to drink wine and hang out on the deck. Then our neighbors came down around 9pm and we stayed up too late. I actually felt really bad, like weak and dizzy this morning so I came in at 10. Not enough food and too much booze..... One of these days I'll learn my lesson. Ugh. My plan is to not get Schmamered at Forecastle tomorrow.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Last night I had a beer and then a large glass of wine.
    Good luck, Ashley, those music festivals make it easy to drink too much, especially if the weather is nice...
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0

I was going to make a week of all 0's, BUT tonight is women's beer club with my friend which I didn't know was this week until yesterday!! So, I'm excited for that!! :)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-2 glass wine
    Wednesday-1 glass wine
    Thursday- 2 glasses?
    Fri-Sunday hoping for the best...no hangovers!!

lack of self control with snacks and wine...hmmmm...sounds familiar!! When I have 0's I usually end up eating sweets to make up for it....and I don't even really like sweets!
    I had a good balance yesterday with my calories. had 1 glass of wine. Hoping for something similar today with good exercise before we take off again for a long weekend. Party Friday night up in LA then hitting Angel's stadium for a game Saturday...never been there...but stadium food and beer is always a must. I've been gaining and losing the same 2 lbs every weekend. :/
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Great job on the zeros guys!
    Just pluggin along here. Managing to slowly lose some pounds.
    Have fun at the ball game Sydney. I went to a couple Mariners games some time ago. I was totally bored. But then I didn't have stadium food and beers....
  • rjadams
    Options
    2 glasses of wine. last night. I have made this box last for 2 weeks. Unheard of. They are usually gone in a couple of days.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    3 vodka tonics last night....probably some vodka soda tonight.

Tomorrow we are going for a nice long hike and then lunch. Sunday, kayaking and lunch with SIL & BIL...should be a nice active weekend, probably won't counteract the beers though....:wink:
    We start Level 2 of the Shred tomorrow...I am pretty sure I will not be able to move my arms come Monday, especially after kayaking :laugh:
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • amysj303
    Options
    you can't go to the stadium and not have food and beers! inconceivable!
    Last night=pitcher of coors light, how many is that?
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    We pretty much move from concession stand to concession stand! And the food is good now...so yeah...the 2 lbs I lost this week will be back by Monday, I'm sure.
    Happy weekend lushes!
  • rjadams
    Options
    It was very very hot yesterday for the PNW. We hit 95 officially. I cooled down with some vodka and pineapple but I had a huge glass of iced water in between so I did okay. It was too hot to do much of anything (we don't have AC) so it was a very chill kind of day.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I did OK this weekend. I drank all day Friday at Forecastle. You may have read (I saw stories on national news outlets), but the festival was evacuated during Sam Smith. We were already packing up (it was a sleeper as expected) and all of the sudden this huge gust of wind came through; it literally felt like someone turned on the AC! Then they came over the speakers and told everyone to calmly and quickly move towards the exits and get away from the stage. People were grabbing onto poles, taking cover under the bridge, etc. We really sort of expected a tornado. But we just got heavy rain. Had I not been drunk, I probably would have been pretty scared. :drinker: Anyways, the rest of the weekend I behaved. Only had 2 beers and a glass of bed wine Saturday and nothing yesterday. I'm doing a challenge with my sister where I have set my goal to only drink 4 days/week and only have 16 total drinks. Sadly, it will be a challenge..... Aiming for no more than 5/weekend night and no more than 3/week night. Wish me luck! I am ready for a break. I've been hitting it hard for about 4 weeks now. Have a great week lushes!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sounds like everyone had a good weekend.

Gemma had her x-ray on Friday, and it wasn't good :( She has hip dysplasia and arthritis already at her young age of 9 months. Poor baby girl. You wouldn't know she is in any pain though...she is just as happy & energetic as ever. We should hear back from our vet today about what the surgeon at K-State is recommending. Most likely, we are going to manage her pain for as long as we can with meds (and save for surgery)...then have to do surgery. Unless they have a payment plan because we definitely do not have $2,000-$3,000 to just drop right now. UGH! Needless to say, lot of drinks were had this weekend.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ugh bridget...so young to have issues! Hope the meds will help her with the pain. :/

Friday was out of control. Many whiskey cocktails. Got to bed at 2:30am and barely remember doing so. Only had 1 very large beer at the game on Saturday. ..which was almost rained out. Crazy weather in SoCal! Remnants of hurricane Delores..luckily our seats were under cover..but I definitely carbed my way through the stadium food to soak up the booze from Friday. Yesterday I had 2 beers and 2 glasses of wine but slept great and feel good this morning. Time to dry out and exercise. We're home for a while so time to take care of the body. Getting my boobies squished tomorrow morning :o
  • amysj303
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the pup, Bridget, that is so strange for such a young dog!
    Friday=4 beers
    Saturday=2 bloody marys, 2 glasses of wine, 4 beers (started early)
    Sunday=0

Ashley, I like your challenge, it sounds do-able, I think. I will see if I can try that too!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Like Robin said, very hot here in the PacNW. Into a cooling trend with highs in 70s or low 80s.
    Syd, I saw in the news about the rains in SoCal! One extreme to the other.
    Did not do well with workouts or calories the past four days as we were at our son and DIL house babysitting the grandson. Will get back on track this week.