July: Our Journey to Health

Options
1235»

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'm not EVEN going to weigh...just going to go head strong into August...and pick it up from there.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Headed out for my usual walk this morning but was feeling the heat and not much energy.... so ended up flopping down in the shade and chilling in the breeze... definitely more of a "relaxing and restorative" stroll than a power walk today!! Got invited up to a friend's cottage tomorrow (it's a holiday weekend here and I'm still on vacay) so just gonna go up for overnight.... there will be wine... LOL... I think i'm gonna be a day late starting my August "JUST DO IT"!

8q48rfcjvvcy.jpg
  • Snooozie
    Options
    ooooooooo no i'm not gonna be late - just realized tomorrow is only the 31st... bahahahaha....
  • Snooozie
    Options
    just checking in - didn't KEEP my 1% for this month, so will head into August looking for 2%; haven't changed my weight as i'll have to get back to where I was at the 1% before heading on to another.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I am starting from zero myself. I am afraid to weigh right now..it might cause me to cuss those innocent scales out!! ; ) ...so I will weigh at the end of August.
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Happy last day of July!
    Snooozie- Sounds like a lovely rest and restore stroll in the park! So glad there is a 31st day in the month for ya so you can enjoy the vino :)

Gail, Vailara ans Snoozie- I'm in the same boat as you are as far as the 1% for this month goes. I'm not as ambitious as you are Snooozie to aim for 2% to catch up in August. Personally I need to start again in August with a goal of !% of the weight at which I am starting the month because I am flying back to Michigan for a wedding and many festivities and meals out the middle of the month! So I will need to deal with those consequences as well as the 1% from the beginning of the month. Don't know why I am elaborating so much about it now , though, this probably all belongs on the August page lol. BTW love both Just Do It signs :)
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    milove1029 wrote: »
    Carol I am studying public health which kind of fits in with my working with at risk students. I love the fish smell cartoon I laughed so hard. I can't get away with posting that anywhere near where I would like to lol.

milove--Good for you! It sounds like your PHD ties in perfectly. I was a special education teacher and director for 32 years before retiring. I now tutor students in my home from private schools which do not provide sped services.
    ~Susan
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Good for you going for 2%, Snoozie! I probably should, but I don't know if I'm going to go for a weigh gaol this month. I liked it when I acheived it, but not so much when I didn't - lol! I have managed to maintain over the month, but maybe August is a time to try for a bit of a loss - surely this should be the easiest season to lose weight, what with salads and being outdoors?