That's it, no dairy

Options
FIT_Goat
FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
I am so sick right now. I've been binging on dairy for the past two weeks. I don't even want to talk about amounts. Let's just say it's not small amounts. My scale weight is up, not a huge amount, but a couple kg. That is completely typical for me when I eat dairy though.

I'm doing no dairy for the next month. July 3rd until August 3rd, at a minimum. There's also something else possible I might be doing. That is going to require me to be in my best shape physically and dairy stops that. I don't want to say, specifically, what that is right now. It's a long shot, not just from the being in shape part.

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    Options
    I love dairy. All the cheeses and cream. But, it doesn't love me back.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    You know you have our support, no matter what you choose Goat.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    That's OK, FitGoat... I will eat all that Extra Old Cheddar, Swiss, Gruyere, Grana Padano Parmesan, Brie, Neufchatel, Camembert that you are foregoing... oops, soooorry... drooled on keyboard.
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm with you @FIT_Goat I have been binging on cheese the past couple of weeks. It is definitely insulinogenic and can't stop at a couple of grams. After the initial water loss, I've been losing and gaining the same 3 pounds since I started keto 41 days ago. My personal challenge this month is also to eliminate cheese. We can do this!!!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'd miss cream an awful lot, but I think by now we know anything is doable!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :smile:
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    It is good that you know what bothers you and have the self discipline to control it, even when it is something you like.

Good luck on your future event.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I know you've got this. I have every confidence.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Let us know how you do dairy free. Would love to know how it affects you.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I have some experience with reducing it and not eating it for shorter periods. I know how it will work. I'll drop the couple of kg that I've put on. I'll feel better. My stomach will go back to being normal. I will also eat a little bit less than normal, as typically dairy calories don't reduce the meat calories I normally eat.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Very cool. Good info to know.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, in both senses.
    I LOVE dairy, anything related to dairy. BUT, just like bread and other carbs that should be a sign to me that it's doing funky things in my body right?

I couldn't lose an oz until I cut them all, carbs and dairy. At first I thought "that's it. The rest of my life will be miserable" But just like we don't really miss veggies, after a while, I didn't miss it. When I see someone eating it, I briefly think, ooo that would be nice, but just like the other cravings left, this did too. Now I'm pretty detached from it and can take it or leave it. The first few weeks, even a month could be difficult if others in the house are still eating it,... but....

Think ahead to your big surprise! I dont' know what it it, but it already sounds cool!

You've been waffling for quite a while on this dairy thing. Maybe you're uncomfortable enough now to finally feel better. :)

You just gotta get your head in a good place and you'll succeed.

You can do it. (if you want)

Good luck and I'm looking forward to the big reveal should it happen!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @FIT_Goat, may you enjoy and benefit from your dairy free month. :-)
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    gsp90x wrote: »
    You've been waffling for quite a while on this dairy thing. Maybe you're uncomfortable enough now to finally feel better. :)

I know I have been. I know what's good for me, I just never have the strength to cut it out. lol

As for the reveal, we'll see how things go. I should actually get working on that this morning.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have to be dairy free because of what it does to my body too and I LOVE cheese. It just doesn't love me back. I've been without since June 14th. It gets easier as you go.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to get pregnant, FitGoat? Is that your big surprise? :D;);)
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Are you trying to get pregnant, FitGoat? Is that your big surprise? :D;);)

lol, you're on to me! ;)
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Haha!
    Not laughing at your dairy pain...but the pregnancy. FIT_Goat is trying to have...KIDS! *snicker*
    Okay, okay.

I was lactose intolerant for over 10 years, so I definitely feel the dairy pain. I mean, I grew up on a farm where we milked our own cows and sometimes made our own cheese and butter.
    Lucky for me that the probiotic tea I've been having for the past year or so has allowed me to have dairy again. You might try adding a probiotic to your diet if you haven't already. Even if you are not having dairy anymore, it might be helpful.
    The tea I use is Bigelow's lemon ginger probiotic. It has the same probiotics that I used to take as a daily supplement from Ganeden when I first became lactose intolerant.

Time to switch back to broth gravies. Are you cutting out butter / ghee as well?

-T.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    My wife would be very shocked if I got pregnant. LOL

I am not cutting out butter, but I probably won't eat any during the next month. I rarely use butter because my meat is pretty fatty and I have tons of bacon grease that I cook with. Butter doesn't cause me problems though.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I'm with you FitGoat

Here is my dinner cooking right now!!

usj7yfhqmf67.jpg