July Morning Coffee and Gratitude

Options

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Hey, you found your way back that is all that matters.
  • ashkinb
    ashkinb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am hugely grateful for my friends in this group who are keeping me motivated!!! Especially Sharon and Retirehappy! Hugs! And in response to request: The Quinoa, Garbanzo and Spinach salad with Smoked Paprika Dressing: here is the link on Epicurious. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/quinoa-garbanzo-and-spinach-salad-with-smoked-paprika-dressing-359569
    It is delicious and healthy!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Happy Tremendous Tuesday!! B)

I am so thankful for doctors! I have an appointment with my doctor this morning to see if he can figure out why I am having so much pain with this blood clot. I hope he finds something other than just the blood clot as I do not want to be in this much pain for a long time.

I am also thankful that I am back with all of you!!

Have a great day!
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Reba good luck with your appt this morning. Its almost impossible to think of anything else when you are having that kind of pain. Whatever you do, do not massage it if it is in your leg!

As far as the 1 lb weight loss taking 4 lbs of stress off your knees - http://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/comorbidities/obesity-arthritis/fat-and-arthritis.php

I believe I will go ahead and print that information out and put it on my freezer! I have an ongoing series of articles that I rotate there. I need to resubscribe to Prevention because they have so many of those little one page articles that are just the right size! lol
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    This morning I'm grateful that the swelling from my bike accident on Saturday has abated somewhat. For 3 days my right leg was so swollen I had very little feeling in my toes. Today the toes feel fine. Right arm starting to feel a bit better too.

Grateful for the birds singing and for the sun drying my clothes. Love that fresh clothes smell!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Biking is really fun until you wipe out. Glad your on the mend.

We have been sun drying our clothes when it isn't raining this summer and they do smell so nice. Most folks don't bother any more, but it is actually not even that time consuming.

Grateful this morning that the sun is out and my I get to go to another body flex class today, I just love that class so much.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    This morning I am once again grateful for this group. How many times have I said that now? It does not seem that long ago that I would "fall off the wagon" and be gone for weeks. Then that decreased to maybe a week. After this last nine days of vacation with dh, which used to simply knock me off base, I hopped back on program and took a step forward the very next day. Strange sort of progress I guess, but it is progress I believe. I think we have a wonderful ring of support here and I truly am grateful to have it (especially when considering that I moved to FL just last year and then entered a full year of health problems! I don't have friends here yet, but rely on my emails, and facebook, and phone calls to friends in NC and NY). I have learned at this point in life to shed the negative wherever possible and bond with the positive influences, and this group is truly that.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    DreamOn145 wrote: »
    After this last nine days of vacation with dh, which used to simply knock me off base, I hopped back on program and took a step forward the very next day. Strange sort of progress I guess, but it is progress I believe.

Dream, I definitely agree that is real progress. I have been struggling on and off but I am persisting in trying to get myself back into the "groove" that I had going for so long. The support from this group is one of the reasons I believe I will succeed in getting that steady groove going again.

... and btw I have a DH who is also a bad influence! He's svelte and can eat anything (I call him a "normie") and he just loves ice cream and cookies ... which I cannot handle if they are in the house. It used to be that he kept his cookie stash at the office --- but now he is retired! So there are times when that siren song form the cupboard / freezer gets to me.

Reba, great to have you back and I wish you good results with your MD visit.

amflautist, wishing you speedy continued recovery from your spill!

So grateful today that I have a gym membership which includes a beautiful pool and a SAUNA! ahhh... like a mini vacation. ~ Kathy

• Rebamae
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Again I am thankful to live where we have medical care. I am having an MRI on my leg & knee. Dr feels there is something beyond the clot. I hope they find something and it can be fixed
    Doc did put me on a stronger pain med. We will pick it up when we go to the hospital in just a bit.
    And again, I am thankful for each of you thanks for all of your care and support.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Hoping for a good result for you. Sometimes pain killers are a blessing.
    {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Here are the hopes that docs get your leg sorted soon.
    I'm grateful we're all perking along, and that dh had a chance to reconnect with high school pals because of his upcoming reunion.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Happy Fantabulous Friday!! B)

I have received my results:
    torn meniscus in my knee and a fracture in my tibia. The fracture may be old, but they aren't sure. But, I have a rod in that bone so I am guessing they may not be too concerned about it.

The doctor I had as my orthopaedic doc retired so I will need to find a new one. Our daughter that is an OT at the large hospital in Wichita recommended one so we are going to call him. I just hope I can get in soon. And yep, it is the leg with the blood clot.

So, now it is wait and see.
    At least now I know which helps 100%.

I hope each of you have a great day!
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Sending thoughts and prayers Reba

considering the morning that I had, and the mess I am still dealing with as a result of it (nothing serious) I am glad that I don't also have to deal with a job today!
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Here's hoping they get you in soon.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Wow, Reba - more prayers coming your way for complete healing.
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all of you. I have been gone a long time but reading back through this thread I feel like one of you again. I am thankful for mfp and all the good people here. I plan to check in whenever I can for motivation and support, and to offer both to all of you. The sun is shining and the birds are singing here in Michigan. God is in control and I am going to start the July challenge to get strong today. You all take care and have a good day.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Today is my 41st anniversary!!!! My niece asked what our secret to a great marriage? I said he married me
    For my size 8 body n I married him for all his hair. I'm no longer al size8 n he doesn't have hair, it must be love!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Welcome back Seeingthelight. We are always here for each other.

Gayle, Welcome, this is a postive and supported group. You might want to read through some of our stickies on good reads, tools for success etc. Jump into any of the conversations.

My DH and I have been together for a little over 40 yrs. We think a sense of humor certainly helps ;)
  • mxchana
    Options
    Welcome, Gayle - and welcome back, seeingthelight! hello-104.gif ~ Kathy
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcome. It is good to be back, and I know I will learn from all of you. I am thankful for waking up and feeling good! I've been working hard getting my home back in order the last two days after a family reunion (20 people for a week) and then a week with a 4 year old and a 6 year old grandchild---What a blessing both weeks were----and what a blessing this week, on my own, getting things back in order LOL! Hubby had to travel this week so I am truly on my own--wheat thins, cheese spread and apples for dinner last night-but I stayed within my calories so what the heck. Well there is more to do so I guess I best get busy-have a great day all!