Our Exercise For The Day

Replies

• edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Beautiful place!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Thanks.

I went swimming yesterday and today with my kids and their friends.

Esther
  • yesIcan155
    yesIcan155 Posts: 65 Member
    I haven't done much by the way of traditional workouts this summer. Hubby and I moved into a new house last year that has zero landscaping. I am spending 6 to 8 hours a day working outside. I am sore and too exhausted to do aerobics, but I can tell I am losing some of my Cardio gains. On the plus side, my legs and butt are getting toned up from all of the squats I have been doing. :p

Jessica
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Yeslcan-Working out in the yard burns alot of calories, plus you get a pretty yard. It's a bonus your legs and butt are getting toned. Traditional workouts can be boring sometimes, this sounds like a win win. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Wednesday - 40 min bike ride
    Today - cleaning downstairs + Daily Showdown challenge w/ Fitbit
  • edellaratta
    Ran a 5k
  • Shirley61
    Yoga 75 mins.
  • yesIcan155
    T25 speed workout. I was a bit slow, but I made it through. Now I have to put up a fence around the garden because apparently the deer like my tomato plants. :p
  • edellaratta
    Made 10,000 steps walking at lunch and cleaning the house.
  • SeeAhtter787
    I decided yesterday was a lazy lazy day. Today was the first day of soccer games for the 2/3 graders. Iris had a game at 3. Is it me or are most soccer coaches flakes? This is the second year of flaky coaches for Iris. Her first year I was coach and I never missed a game or practice. This year her coach is already missing the first 2 practices. And yes we had a game today with no practice prior to game. I have once again ended up an assistant coach by default. Last year the coach quit showing up after week 3. So I became the coach. It is quite a challenge coaching in a sandal. Have to be really careful about how you kick the ball in bare toes.

Esther
  • yesIcan155
    I decided yesterday was a lazy lazy day. Today was the first day of soccer games for the 2/3 graders. Iris had a game at 3. Is it me or are most soccer coaches flakes? This is the second year of flaky coaches for Iris. Her first year I was coach and I never missed a game or practice. This year her coach is already missing the first 2 practices. And yes we had a game today with no practice prior to game. I have once again ended up an assistant coach by default. Last year the coach quit showing up after week 3. So I became the coach. It is quite a challenge coaching in a sandal. Have to be really careful about how you kick the ball in bare toes.

Esther

That is a bad break. Hopefully this is not a sign of how the whole season will go.
    Jessica
  • edellaratta
    Worked my butt off in the yard, weeding, cleaning, sweeping. Also did a few loads of laundry, vacuumed, dishes, etc. hit my 10,000 steps a few times this week. Better than i have done in a month!!!
  • Shirley61
    45 mins walk on Sunday
    Yoga 75 mins. today.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Jessica........it's all good. Season will be over August 13 anyway. I can suck it up till then.

Esther
  • edellaratta
    Ran 3 miles
  • SeeAhtter787
    Had soccer practice yesterday. My legs are KILLING ME!!!!!! Coach is a real flake and isn't going to be here for the next 2 weeks so I ended up the assistant. I had to hustle last night with the kids at practice. It was very tough on the knees. Today I went to the pool to help with the muscle spasms I was having. And then tonight I walked the dogs for an hour while Iris had dance.

Esther
  • SeeAhtter787
    I baked pies. Not just one or two either. Last night I made 2 pumpkin pies and 2 chocolate cream pies. Today I made 2 of each of the following pies.........strawberry rhubarb, Apple, blueberry, and mincemeat. The pies are being donated to the episcopal church for their annual Fourth of July pie sale. They sell each slice for $6. The price includes a scoop of ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, and juice or coffee.

Esther
  • SeeAhtter787
    I went for a hike today. After the first 3 flights of stairs I started counting. The trail I hiked with my kids while on a scavenger hunt ended up with 698 stairs. Now keep in mind less than a hundred of those are "real stairs". The kind with stringers and risers and hand rails. The rest were rocks or carved down logs so there was a flat surface to put your feet on. Oddly I am not as sore from hiking as I am from soccer practice.

Esther
  • edellaratta
    10000 steps!!!!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not far behind you. But some of my steps were up and down a ramp at the boat harbor at low tide so it was really steep. And up and down the 4 steps in the boat. Those were steep too. I actually was brave enough to climb down and back up a ladder today. Our new boat had to go on the grid and because high tide was at 3pm and the next one is 2:45 am I decided to take a "picnic" dinner to hubby and his cousin on the boat on the grid. We had bbq steak, salad and mincemeat pie.

Esther