Weekend Bling Report

Options

Replies

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @Wendy98 Sounds like an amazing series of races this fall! Congrats on all these PRs and wins! Hope your stress fracture is healing quickly and you can be running again soon!
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Panama City Beach Marathon 3:04:28. 4th overallf9jc53k0hsep.jpeg
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    @Curtruns...Flat and fast! Good run!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @Curtruns -Super job! You were flyin'!!!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention here that I got a 3:37:59 (3:58:05 gun time) at the Rocket City Marathon this past Saturday.

http://www.werunhuntsville.com/WRH/2015-Races/2015-Rocket-City-Marathon/2015-Rocket-City-Marathon-Fini#!/i-FVgDw8n/A

• Wendy98
    Wendy98 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Jingle Bell 5k on Saturday, December 12. 19:44 and first overall woman. It was my last race of the year.
  • Curtruns
    Options
    @Wendy98 Good Job!!!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    My last race of 2015, Reindeer Run 5K today was to benefit the Strong Museum of Play. It features trophies with action figures; in past years, many of them were characters I didn't recognize. This year, seasonable weather (28° F with 17 mph WSW wind) after an unseasonably warm early December wasn't conducive to PR times. My 20:16 wasn't close to a PR, and was a few seconds slower than last year's effort; but it was good for 39th overall (of 1693 beating the cutoff) and 1st (of 59) in the M 55-59 age group. And I got a trophy with an action figure I recognized. :)

n2lkaco8dsfm.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Nice job @Stoshew71 , @Wendy98 and @MobyCarp ! Dang, there are some fast folks on this thread!!!
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Forecast for 10 AM was 31° with 15 mph wind and 15% chance of precipitation. Actual weather turned out to be 30° with 6 mph wind and a lake effect snow band. The poor footing meant it wasn't a day for PR speed; but unlike some runners, I had seen a few specks of graupel on my driveway at 8 AM and made the call to wear trail shoes. My official time of 53:58 for 7.5 miles was good enough for 28th of 301 overall, and 1st of 20 in the male 60-64 age group. No bling, because it was a low budget race; but it was a lot of fun. And I did get to pass 2 or 3 younger people in the last half mile. :)
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    42° at 4 PM gun time was not winter weather, but that's what I got for the Winter Warrior Half Marathon. 4 loops around Rochester Tech Park, and I couldn't run good tangents on the 3rd and 4th loops because I needed to pass crowds of walkers and slower runners with varying levels of understanding race etiquette. Still, I turned in a respectable 1:30:59 gun time for 22nd of 958 overall and 1st of 12 in the male 60-64 age group.

This was the first leg of the Four Seasons Challenge, so there was the first part of a 4-part medal in addition to the half marathon race medal.

4hqvp3hq13nx.jpg
    lmjngz4o7hjz.jpg
  • Curtruns
    Options
    Gun time 2:59:03, cool swag too
    hqvlf7tao4e2.jpeg
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I did the 1/2 marathon in Houston (Aramco half). Run at the same time as the Chevron marathon. Great race this year.
    d60bqfz439fe.jpg
  • Marcelynh
    edited January 2016
    Options
    :smile:
  • Marcelynh
    Options
    Curtruns wrote: »
    Congrats on the time. We were crossing the finish line at the same time. Only you ran twice as far as I did. lol :)
  • Curtruns
    Options
    :):)
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Curtruns wrote: »
    Congrats on the time. We were crossing the finish line at the same time. Only you ran twice as far as I did. lol :)

• 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Suwanee Gateway Half-Marathon, finished 14 of 250 runners, 35-39yo male AG winner @ 1:36:10. Was on pace for sub 1:35:00 (my goal) until I hit the hills at mile 8.

Good swag from this race - long sleeve tech shirt, finisher's medal, finisher's fleece blanket, AG top 3 received an engraved medal with name and race time, AG winner received a runner's jacket by Schuma.

8awae5vd8hm7.jpg

75tkpcemhhyf.jpg
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Orcas Island 50k. No bling, just a really great weekend with good friends and a challenging but rewarding run on a beautiful course.

My race report: http://coffeemoney.com/blog/2016/02/orcas-island-50k-race-report/

nasbh4hf3if4.jpg
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    jturnerx wrote: »
    Orcas Island 50k. No bling, just a really great weekend with good friends and a challenging but rewarding run on a beautiful course.

My race report: http://coffeemoney.com/blog/2016/02/orcas-island-50k-race-report/

Wow, that's a stunner of a course!
  • Curtruns
    Options
    laiiozowu6su.jpeg

IMS Arizona Marathon 3:33:53. Rough run for me