Weekend Bling Report

Options

Replies

• Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    ahj1vdg54e0r.jpeg
    9:25:04. Tough trails and relentless hills! Sore but spirits are high!!
  • Wendy98
    Wendy98 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bockfest 5k. First female and 17th overall (men and women). Official time is 18:50. I got a sash and a 6 pack of beer.
    12792357_957303600986089_677470650537241618_o.jpg

12821618_10206773017698610_7098304799777617808_n.jpg
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wow, way to go @Wendy98! Also, nice "trophy"! :wink:
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Johnny's Runnin' of the Green (5 mile): 32:32, 81st of 1557 overall, 1st of 39 males 60-64 qs8ldnfrt74l.jpg

5joha844gp24.jpg

The wine is pretty, though I don't do alcohol. The medal is cheap. I find it ironic that I get very nice medals for finishing a half or a marathon, regardless of place; but the medals I have to earn tend to be shabby. (Some have been worse than this one.) Also got a coupon for $10 off at a restaurant I won't find time to locate before the coupon expires; I gave that to my coach, who knows a lot of people on the side of town where the restaurant is.

Probably the most important bling is intangible. Johnny's is the first of 12 races in the Rochester Runner of the Year Series, which means I'm leading my age group for the series after one race. ;)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I ran the Run o' the Mill 5k this morning. Local road race about 45 mins drive from where I live.
    Managed a 20 second PR and FINALLY hit sub-22 with a time of 21:55! Got #1 in my age group (20-29), #6 female and 36/425 runners overall.
    Beautiful day to race and a great way to kick off the season!

Glad to see so many other successful races on here this month already! Way to go @Curtruns, @Wendy98, @MobyCarp!
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    A few pictures from this weekend's 5K! Didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I was really sick all week so I'm trying to be ok with that. Still managed to finish 1st in my age group, and 3rd overall female!

Swanky little medal for finishing first in my AG
    8q8rau1bp0ve.jpg

Feeling pretty good at the beginning of the race
    ck3cgwapetqp.jpg

Had a great kick at the end and passed 5 or 6 people in the last 400m
    8ukufp9r9bv2.jpg

Always fun to dress up for a race!
    g3vfbqoovhc3.jpg
  • Wendy98
    Wendy98 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Heart Mini Marathon yesterday. There is a 15k and half marathon along with some shorter events later in the morning. I did the half marathon and finished first overall with a time of 1:25:44. I think I had 2 hours of sleep the night before--stupid anxiety inducing time change.
    Heart%20Mini%20Marathon%202016.jpg

I got a laurel. I got a gift certificate for a local running store also, but I really liked the laurel!

Heart%20mini%202016.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Great job @MobyCarp , @kristinegift, @aricearoni and @Wendy98! Wendy, you kicked butt on Sunday! I ran that race and the course and conditions were rough, especially when you factor in the 7:30 start with the time change plus the return of that evil Torrance hill! I finished a whole 2 minutes slower than last year @1:47:15. I was disappointed with my race, but I did end up 7/88 in my age group, so I guess I should be happy with that.

Anyway, great job to everyone keeping this thread full. You all continue to impress and inspire me!!!
  • OrionSlayer
    OrionSlayer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I ran in the Shamrockn Half Marathon in Sacramento, CA. El Nino made sure it was a wet and windy 13.1 miles. I was happy with my time: 2:20:24 (I was shooting for 2:30.) I went out easy and tried to run faster the second half. Even though it was rainy, I felt very good and was able to finish strong.

8nrdq17rurey.jpg
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Lucky Charm 10k on Saturday. Finished 87 out of 290. Not my best effort but still happy that I was able to run it. Chip time was 52:47.

hladxtv7bi23.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    No bling to report, but I did manage a 5K PR of 22:29 this weekend at a local Shamrock Shuffle. 2nd in AG, 8th female over all and 51 out of 1274 runners (and walkers, I suspect). Weather was atrocious. 38 degrees and heavy rain. Not sure if that made me run faster or not! At any rate, I am pleased with the result.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    A good weekend for me at the Publix Georgia Half-Marathon. Finished in 1:33:24, 159th out of 5941 runners, 27th in my age group. No, no additional bling (other than the standard finisher's medal), but I shocked myself with my pace and it's a PR by almost 3 minutes on a hilly, challenging course, so I'm proud.

1m5c351lwd0d.jpg
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Spring Forward 15K at Mendon, NY this morning. 1:05:24 was good for 24th of 467 overall, 1st of 12 in the M 60-64 age group. The age group win was good for a glass plaque and a box of organic sunflower seed butter:
    bkvi4os7ja6r.jpg
  • dickhatch
    dickhatch Posts: 1 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ran a local 5k fun run in 20:54. Pretty stoked as it was just a see-where-I'm-at race getting ready for another local 10k. Good for 89 seconds faster than I'd planned, so I'm happy with where I'm at.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I am not sure anyone will be able to read this since the pictures above have made standard wrapping of text an act of futility.

Ran the Cooper River Bridge Run (10K) on Saturday.
    I was supposed to be in Group A in the wave release (elites, sub-40, and sub-50 were the first waves released before Group A)
    Unfortunately, it took so long to get the buses from downtown pickup to the starting area dropoff.
    When the buses were finally dropping us off, the starters were releasing Group B.
    I had to jog all the way down to the starting area (a good warm up) and ended up starting with Group F.

When I was younger I ran faster, but...
    they only used gun time back in those days (there were no timing chips). What you saw at the finish line was your time.
    Even if it took you five to six minutes to cross the starting line after the race started.
    Wave starting was not the practice in the late 1970's and early 1980's in the two 10K races that I ran in.
    Then again, they weren't trying to start nearly 40,000 registrants, either.
    You could keep your own stopwatch net time, but that wasn't what showed up next to your race number when the time results were published.

My chip time for the 2016 CRBR was reported as 52:56 (my modern era PR).
    Ended up the entire run stuck in the mass of humanity and weaving back and forth the entire way.
    There was no place on the course where I could really run close to the pace I wanted.

Two lessons: find a smaller race that I can use to qualify in one of the faster groups and get on one of the first buses to the start.

At least it didn't pour rain or have lightning and thunder to deal with (though it probably would have thinned the crowds somewhat)

No medals, just a t-shirt and a clear plastic and mesh storage bag.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @STrooper Sorry you missed your wave start, but congrats on a fast race/"modern era" PR!
    I have a friend who got into the Group A/competitive start at the last minute and he was super excited about it. He ended up with a 6 minute PR!

I ran the Caesar Rodney half in Wilmington, Delaware, yesterday. It was a brutally windy race (25-35 mph, gusts up to 50 mph!), and the course is notorious for its 3 mile uphill section in the middle (mile 6-9).
    I ended up with a 3:25 PR (from 1:43:38 to 1:40:13!) despite conditions, and I nabbed 2nd place in my age group! Overall, a really well-executed race. I nailed my race plan almost perfectly!

hqtu5jbhnb1f.png
    ^^AG award on the left, finisher's medal on the right.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Hershey 10k on Saturday. Finished in the top 10% (that's something, right? :smile: ).

xot53abd92rw.jpg
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    @dewd2 - Gotta love the race shirt with the Hershey's Kiss, sponsored by a dentist!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift: Thanks. Funny thing was my shoulders were sore from all that weaving. You become accustomed to running straight lines in training.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Fool's 5k 18:48; 11th overall and 1st in age (4th in masters)
    l3rveaspj6cy.png