Insulin Resistant Folks - Postprandial Somnolence (Falling Asleep After Eating) Question

Options
13»

Replies

• LynnSullivan1
    LynnSullivan1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The supplement at Swanson's has very good ingredients. Would need to take 3 per day to get recommended ALA, but chromium possibly is a bit high. There are multiple varieties of chromium and picolinate variety is generally recommended to control glucose levels. All the rest of the ingredients are ones that were in quasi-prescriptions recommended by naturopathic doctors that I've seen. The product seems to be marketed to those with high blood glucose and eat (hopefully) fewer carbs and yet their glucose is still too high continually (=me) because the body is allowing over- production of glucose (as opposed to over-consumption of carbs) vs. ability of insulin to lower it. So if an individual had normal insulin reactions and doing keto, this product might (stress -might) take longer to achieve goal weight. All this learned from School of Hard Knocks -- HTH. If you wish to research more, there is a book I'd highly recommend: Prescription for Nutritional Healing.