Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Nancy, jerru foind the batteres and the phome is working gine. He brought hem in and lay then on his hignmboy. He was so busy blame ,me and did not think he had them, somall is well now.

My foot is a lot less swollen still a little way to go yet. But at-lease i am finally getting there thanks to my new doctor .and alice. And my husband katkhy has her grndson she is taking care of.

Cooking some squash in my crock pot for lunch along wih some salmon. And
    A salad. Have a wonderful day everybody

Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm back home from my little weekend getaway. Had an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!!!!!! Saw friends that I have t seen in 16 years. Once word got around that I was there people called others that I knew and they came to see me. I was able to sleep on the ground on nothing more than 5 wool blankets and still get up in the morning. Have never been able to do that before. It was even chilly (low 40's upper 30's temp wise) and rainy but nobody seemed to mind. We were having too much fun and my knees never ached from the cold.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello I am pretty tired after my visit to my new doctor.. I lost 13 lbs since my last visit to see him. Which was ,just a week ago was my conjestive heart failure that made me gained all that weight so fast

See you all tomorrow abd explain it all.
    Marie

The that made me
    Gainedwas ki
    that weight.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    It has been in the 70's all week here, that's not normal for us but I love it. Tomorrow it's suppose to turn cold again.
    Wednesday I had a check up at the doctors, she said everything still good, plus I picked up my ring from the jewelers they put a new head on, from where the prongs wore down. I put a white gold head on it instead yellow like the rest of the ring, suggested buy the *kitten*. manager and it really looked better and made the diamond look bigger.
    My back and,under rib have been hurting so I had to give them a urine sample, and they prescribed an antibiotic for ui infection. I started it yesterday.
    I hope everyone is doing good. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Well I am having another bad day. B M problem ( the runnings) And whizzing pretty bad. but not as bad as the other day Other than t that everything Ok. Alice came out and fix me some meals this afternoon for next week.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, everyone.

Marie....sorry to hear that you are under the weather and glad Alice could get out to help.
    Janice...hope you are feeling better. Glad you like your ring.

Not much planned today. Holding my new weight nicely.

Have a great day!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Hope you had a good weekend.

We have rain this morning so I will probably stay in today.

Connie, Glad you are holding your low weight!!! Glad you are eating more and still losing.

Marie, Hope you get things straightened out soon.

Janice, Hope you are feeling better.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Me too Nancy.I guess this congested heart I will write when I heart Failure is some i am to have to learn to live with.
    I will post when I can.Take care all
    marie.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Happy Birthday March Birthday girls
    Ruthie .....March 25

Janice....March 28
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Hard to believe it's March. Tomorrow marks a year since we moved into the new house! Time sure goes quickly!

Hope you all are doing well.

Connie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been a little tied up helping the hubby get the fishing boat ready to take up to Wrangell for some fiberglass work. We need new decks and a new fish hold. We then ran it the 90 miles up on Sunday. It was the most gorgeous day for a boat ride. Clear skies and calm seas. Have been in Wrangell since Sunday afternoon. We are waiting to be hauled out either today or tomorrow morning. I have to catch a ferry home tomorrow morning. Hubby will be staying here with a friend of his for the next couple weeks. When the boat is done I will be coming back up to help him run it home. Here is a couple pics of the ride up. 0lw0l0cp5cbt.jpg
    ny3e82wwqi7d.jpg
    co4rqo8ay7m4.jpg
    txpm3vmxlsix.jpg

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sorry I,am tunning a little late tofay. All,is fine tho. just wanted to pop in for a bit.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi folks. I still ave skinny legs and feet. and no support hose just leaving off the salt. My doctor work miracles Its been a long time since I have seen that. and I sill get 2300 MG a day I am leaving off hig processed food. I still get old feet and have to wear more warm clothes.

The sun has been playing hide and seek with us today,.Thee wind is really blowing tho.

<3 Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Marie...happy to hear your fee and legs are less swollen!!❤️
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Hi misfits,
    Boy the wind is whiling up at our place. Not supposed to have any bad weather tonight but a chance tomorrow.

Not much going on with me!!! Kinda tossing around the idea of trying Nutrisystem again.
    Was on it a few years back did ok but my NP thought all the soy might have slowed down my thyroid function but nothing concrete!!!! Just can't get any results and so frustrating.
    Then I think about faithful Connie and try not to give up!!!

Going to spend spring break with my sister and that will lighten my spirits!!!

Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nancy...we cannot give up or give in! There are days when I want to, but it's just not an option.

It's been over 2 years for me...months and months of no results. I guess I have stayed with it because I am afraid of losing my mobility, afraid of having to take a lot of meds, and afraid that someone will have to take care of me. Weighing 240 pounds was a guarantee that those fears would come true at some point. That was my motivation to read, research, and try new ways to get the pounds moving....even slowly like 2-0 pounds a month.

I now know that very low carb was not the avenue for me. I did not really lose big like many people do...probably because I am not insulin resistant and do not have diabetes. I wasted time on that. Now I am back to basics...weighing, measuring, and no more than 50-75 grams of carb most days. Macros are set to 40%protien, 30% fat and carb. Still no bread or crackers but will have a half cup of sweet potatoes or half cup of brown rice at lunch or dinner. Have also added 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (20 grams) and a tablespoon of natural peanut butter in the morning. Calories are low....like 1200-1250 but as long as I hit the macros and am not hungry, I'm okay. Doing this last month is what pushed me into the 180s. I am eating very much like our old 1:1:1 plan...just less. Check out my diary.

I have not done Nutrisystem so I cannot comment on it except to say that I hope they have the system set up to help you with maintenance once you reach goal weight. You have to know how to transition to real food without gaining once you stop their foods.

Have fun at your sister's home!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I also do not know noting about Nutrisystem either nancy But Connie has got the best plan of us all.
    thanks Connie you ave got someting I don' have.. Patence. I have never given up but admit I have come pretty close to it.I really need get back on my plant base diet.But i am still working on it.

msrie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Connie, Thank you!!! Lots of good information, I will definitely look at your diary. I like you want very much to be mobile
    and healthy. I am not diabetic or insulin resistant and thankful for that. I am so frustrated with the knee not allowing me to
    walk as much as I would like but am able to do the stationary recumbent bike without pain.
    Are you getting close to your desired weight?
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Marie..Yes, I am patient this time around. Plus, spending my money at the gym and for the personal trainer is another motivator. I have been on several plans since we started several years ago and am now back to basically 1:1:1. 1 fat, 1 protein and one carb. I think when we were doing it, I was eating too many calories and wasn't losing.

Nancy...I need to lose about 25-30 more for my 5'5" height and medium frame according to the charts. That will put me in the 150s. Maybe I can get there by Christmas. Don't worry about exercise...remember that weight loss starts in the kitchen and you can't out exercise a bad diet.

<3 Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    All i know Connie you have been extremity concictance with your plan, Maybe I need to go back to one one one. and re read it. I will bring it up on my kindleBack to our roots
    marie