Hello there We are taking over the July the 4 old group Thanks Connie
More to come
Marie

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    <3 I hate it that we lost all of our lovely pictures. and post though. But we know how to do more.
    Sure hope this work out thanks
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Help Connie I mistype Misfit could you change it. I told you I was getting feeble

That's just a spelling error..you are STILL as sharp as a tack where it matters <3.

Connie
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ooooh...
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Hi misfits!

Like Marie said, by Christmas, folks will think we are in an actual Easter challenge so it is best to move.
    We can make this just as cozy as our old home!

Connie
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I see everyone has moved again...I'm still trying to stay motivated!
  • CALIECAT
    Options

[
    [/still here to motivate you Cristina
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I have so much trouble trying to correct my errors on this I pad sorry
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes Connie this can be our home sweet home

Marie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It feels kind of strange over here. Like a new apartment with no furniture. Lol we'll get used to it.
    Becky
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    dp3ax375moap.jpg
    We visited this lavender farm this afternoon and bought four plants to put in our yard after we clear away some bushes we don't like.

w2qoymv8ghe4.jpg

This is the weekend I veer off my eating plan to have lavender ice cream....today it was lavander white chocolate. The actual festival starts tomorrow so we wanted to get out for a bit before the huge crowds arrive for the weekend.

<3 Barbie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm here!
    Ruthie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I didn't know we were moving???
    Barbie, Such a cute picture and you are looking very trim!!!
    Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I am here....... And here I am........

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Esther is your town within walking distant of your house I need to get a map out and check Alaska out.
    How did your family settle in Alaska? nosey aren't I
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    That's ok Marie. Most people are nosy about Alaska. My house is 2 miles away from the cruise ship dock. Not really that far but my house is up at about 600 ft above sea level. And our main road (State Highway 1) is 30 feet above sea level. So I have steep hills to go back up to get home so I drive to the bottom and walk. City limits are only 3.5 miles long and .5 miles wide. I like google maps. It shows all the streets in town. We actually had the Google car here a few years ago. It was kinda cool.
    My family has actually been in the state since the gold rush of '98. My great-grandfather came north in a 20 foot row boat and a black lab when he was 16. He ended up in Nome for a bit. He was in the Yukon for a bit but then he ended up settling in Wrangell,the next town north of here by 90 miles. My grandma was born and raised there. She went south to boarding school and college. My grandfather was actually a friend if her brothers. She ended up in a sanitarium for TB in her early 20's and the only way she was allowed to leave was if she had "someone to take care of her". So she married my grandpa. My grandpa was in WW II and my dad was born in Coos Bay Oregon, ironically where my great-grandpa had left in a row boat from. After being discharged from the army they moved back to Wrangell. My dad was raised there. He left after high school to go to college. He met my mom on a blind date. After college and working for the army corps of engineers he went to work for the forest service and transferred up to Ketchikan. We moved up here in March of '75. I was 1 1/2 years old. Been here since. And now my kids are being raised here. They are the 4th generation raised in Alaska. rzgyl6wuc63x.jpg
    Here is a pic of the north end if town. "Town" extends 16 miles past the city limit sign north. And 14 miles past city limits to the south.

Esther
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    thank god I found you!! I have been so busy all day!! why did we move? I am going to see my kiddies tomorrow and am so excited. I may not check in over the weekend! maybe on drive home on sunday, 6 hours in the car!!

have a great weekend everyone! maybe we should have a house warming party over here?

XOXO,
    Stephanie
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Aww Barbie brought fresh lavender, sure makes these new digs feel closer to home.

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I didnt know we were moving, but I am here, too.
    Barbie-Thank you for telling me about the caories in your meal.

Today I went and visited 2 of my sisters, we found out yesterday, the one in the nursing home, may get to go home at the end of next week, it everthing continues to improve. The nursing home is near my oldest sister, I took her tomatoes, bacon, and pork loin we cooked last night, it was really good. I am the youngest of 4, so I feel responsible for certain things. My other sister just retired from the post office this week, I will be glad to see more of her, we're the healthier ones and we both are in the caretaker mode, last year my oldest sister broke her ankle and I helped her alot, she is also diabetic since the age of 13, not complaining, my sisters and I have always been close. Janice

• CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Its beginning to look like home again. So many of you posting.
    Thank you
    Marie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Oh hello new home!

Thank you everyone who complimented my kittens. <3 I'm glad you all liked seeing them, they're so stinkin' cute! :D I figured out tonight they are Maine Coon cats. They're going to be gorgeous all grown up. And yes, we're keeping them. If they weren't with me, pieces of my heart would be missing. I love my babies.

I hope to see lots of photos hanging here in our new home!

-Rachel