Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Love the pics Rosie. I have to say I did like the spider pic. I left that on my phone so when my 13 yr old tried to text her friend she would see it. I laughed my butt off. She screamed and dropped my phone. >:) It really was funny. She didn't think so but then she didn't want to spend the next 3 hours texting her friends with a spider phone either. I'm hoping next week will be nice and I can walk up to the nearby lake and get some pics to share.

Esther
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have found you all again ;-)
  • eatless83
    Options
    Need to get back on the wagon and be diligent with my logging and posting as I have seen an increase of 4lbs!!

I attempted the eat more regime that seems to work for most to try and re-set metabolism but after this fast gain I am too scared to continue

I will need to go back to my own way of calories in vs calories out and lose little by little that way

I know it will take longer but we are in no rush are we ladies ;-)

Faye
  • eatless83
    Options
    For that extra bit of motivation I have just bought myself some new shorts...and they are a bit snug!!

I think if I can shed those 4 extra pounds then they will be perfect. ;-)

I will keep you updated on my progress

Faye
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Hi Faye. I'm glad you found us. Welcome back to the wagon If you need any band-aids for your wounded pride we can help with that. Good luck and no hurries. Slow and steady.

Esther
  • eatless83
    Options
    Cheers Esther :p
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    So, Foxie was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis. She spent Monday night at the vet emergency hospital getting IV fluids, pain meds, antibiotics, antiemetics, and antacids. They had me pick her up yesterday morning, but left the IV catheter in just in case she got dehydrated again. I gave her the antiemetic and pepcid in the evening. No more vomiting, but by this morning she still wasn't eating and not drinking nearly enough. So, she is back at the vet's getting more pain meds and IV fluids. Yeesh. Vet care is SO expensive! It's all very stressful. Just too much going on right now. Sigh...

Anyway, I got on the scale this morning and am down just 0.1 lb from last week. But, I'm still at 3.6 lb lost in two weeks. I'll take it. I'm definitely feeling and seeing some beginning changes in my fitness level and muscle tone. So, that's very exciting! I think I'll be doing legs today. :)

The eczema healing treatments I had my daughter start for Emily on Saturday have done amazing things for her skin! Her really bad flared up areas look wonderful! I couldn't be happier. It's hard to watch such a sweet baby girl suffering. :'(

I have the gym after work today, then Sam's club, then picking up some clinical uniforms I bought way back in June and keep forgetting to pick up, then picking up Foxie (hopefully I won't need to transfer her back over to the emergency hospital for overnight), then home to fix supper and fall into a heap on the bed!

I took off tomorrow to try to catch up on everything else I have to get done.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Becky

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

becky, sounds like a true test of a day!! some deep breathing necessary. I hope your cat is ok and the guy will just have to come back and do the garage. my son definitely wouldn't have called me. I hope you styed with the program but if you didn't, today is a new day. my nutritionist is big on a cheat meal once a week. my problem is when I do that I have a hard time getting back on track. I'm sure you have had a great week!

faye, nice to see you. I'm sure it is water weight. I have looked into that eat more to weigh less, I think the trick is to slowly increase your calories with healthy foods. should ask connie about it, it seems to be working really well for her:)

marie, what was for dinner??

nancy, how's it going?

ester, what have you been up to? how are ur kids?

Rachel, Shirley, Rosie, have a great day:)

off to weights. just had a yummy breakfast a bowl of oatmeal mixed with sf syrup and egg whites on the side. going to nutritionist today to weigh in, fingers crossed!

• tenpets
    Options
    Stephanie,

Yes, the man did come back yesterday and finished the garage. It looks beautiful.

Foxie is my five year old Pom-Chi. She is such a tiny little pup and she went from 8 lbs to 6 lbs in 48 hours!

With all the busy-ness and stress, I have done as well as I can with staying on my eating plan. Monday night I didn't get home from the vet in Dover until 10:00. Yesterday was crazy with leaving at 6:30 to drive 45 min to Dover to get Foxie, then back home, then showering, then dashing back to Dover to work.

Needless to say, Monday night and yesterday morning I had no time to prep my mini meals. So, a coworker and I went to the Indian restaurant buffet. I got rice and chicken and a few other items. I know it was still fewer calories than my three meals would have been during the day. I had a hair appointment last night, too, so I got home around 7 and had to make supper. I ended up not eating too much of it because it was chicken with a little spaghetti sauce on it and I didn't like the taste for some reason. I did eat some of the edamame.

Over all, not the best day but not terrible either. It was not enough protein or calories. Today I am back on target with my mini meals.

I'm excited to hear how your weigh in with the nutritionist goes today!!!

Becky
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Wednesday!

Hope all is well with you guys.

Becky..life is crazy sometimes, isn't it? I hope your furbaby gets better soon. A year ago, Cooper got a skin infection when we had the carpet changed in the bedroom where he sleeps under the bed. It was awful..ended up ripping the carpet and putting in hardwood. Since that time, though, I now have pet insurance. (if only it covered flooring!)

Steph..good to see you! I'm almost done with the diet break..will start the cut August 3. I have gained 4.4 pounds in 7 weeks eating 2200-2500 cals. I expected a lot more. When I make the cut, I plan to eat a lot cleaner than I had before. Good to see you back!

Marie..you had your kids close together..they must have kept you very, very busy!

Faye...good to see you. I went on the break because I was not losing. I could have kept starving myself and not losing, or eating and not losing. Hopefully, my body has healed.

Nancy, Eninad, Rosie, Esther...good to see you guys!

I went to the gym for personal training today. I did not do the pool. My body is still kind of tired, plus we are sealing the deal today on the new house. :)

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie
  • tenpets
    Options
    Connie, I wondered about pet insurance, but we have 3 dogs and 3 cats. I think the premiums would be way to expensive. :/ Oh well. I just pray none of the others needs anything for a while!

It is so exciting that you are so close to starting your new home adventure. It will be lovely to pick out everything you want. I'm also excited to see how you do when you cut. What will your calories be each day during the cut phase?

I have my 3 week accountability session with pics and measurements and meal plan review next Wednesday. I pray for good results (even tiny ones!).
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Connie so happy you got the ball rolling on a new house.

Becky so sorry about your little Foxie

Faye. very Happy you found us. I need to do a new roll call to see if anyone else is missing.

Be Back in a bit Jerry needs some help
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Misfits,
    Hope all is well with you.
    Finished exercise and ready for lunch.
    Keep cool!!!
    Nancy
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    edited for space:
    I could have kept starving myself and not losing, or eating and not losing.
    Connie

A point that I am trying to keep reminding myself of. If I stop losing I will do a reset.

My spouse is begging me to do a caloric reset NOW. I've been unwilling because I'm still losing, even if it's a little slower than last challenge. He pointed out that doing "back-to-back" challenges is somehow hard on a body. I think it's hard on your body when you are do something drastic and push a short term program like that past it's parameters. I'm simply practicing a new lifestyle build. It's not temporary. The challenge is to keep me focused on the new path.

My think he wants me to loosen up on the personal reins because it's cramping his eating choices since we do so much together. It's not direct sabotage because he is really happy with the new losses and is very much looking forward to the future ones. He doesn't want me to be fat, he doesn't thinks a thin me will no longer love him. I think he's missing the freedom of all you can eat uncounted food days. Who doesn't at times?

Lately he's been pushing regularly for more eating out or drive-through options and I have to be extra vigilant when he does. Ordering pizza for example. So hard! He's like "Oh there is one more piece left, that's for you." UGH.

We go out, but I still pick healthy or very light items for myself. I try not to make or show any value judgement at all with going out or with what he chooses to get, but I can feel he's disappointed when I don't agree to share an appetizer or dessert or both like the old days. I say no to those options because frankly the temptation is too great and I can't afford those calories.

Today's will-challenge was McDonalds. I told him I already had breakfast, so not today for me. I let him head on through and order the egg delite sandwich, a fair option if you're eating McDonalds at all. One he knows I will generally say yes to. He tried three times to get me to buy one and seemed genuinely distressed when I kept saying No thank you, I've already had breakfast.

At least I didn't have to leave a breakfast already paid for in the bag. He's done that before, bought me one anyway. He knows it's harder for me when the money is spent and the food is there, I just don't want it to go to waste. If he ever does that again I'll give my sandwich to the next street person we pass at the next red light we hit, but I didn't need to today. He just ordered the one and didn't even waste time telling me how delicious it was. Progress I think.

I think it is an NSV to keep resisting these temptations; hopefully I can keep doing it and don't slip up. He will win the argument though if I don't keep losing during this current challenge. He'll say it's because I should have calorie reset.

I wonder why the two of us are so stubborn, but I sometimes wonder if he's right. That comes from not having strong enough self esteem and I'm working on that too. If you read this far, thanks.

~Eninad
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Hi Becky. Maybe you could talk to your vet about an "Angel Fund". That is a program that people can donate money to help others who have really big vet bills or can't afford the care. Maybe your vet could set something like that up for others. Our vet did that and she was amazed at how many people donate to the fund and how well the fund was accepted by everyone

Esther
  • tenpets
    Options
    Esther, that would be a wonderful idea. I'll talk with my vet about it. I am blessed to have the resources to pay for Foxie's bills at this time ($1,150 for Monday and at least another $400+ for today), but many folks simply don't have the money when these emergencies pop up.

At first, I was a bit bummed that the extra paycheck I have coming (from going to 12 month faculty position instead of a 10 month position at work) would not be able to help pay off a bill I had planned to pay off.

But then I realized I should be thrilled that I have the extra paycheck in the very week I need it! Perspective is everything, eh? :)

The vet called and said that he is giving her Flagyl (antibiotic) to prevent diarrhea often associated with pancreatitis as is begins to move through the phases of healing/resolving. Diarrhea is the last thing I want, especially since it would only dehydrate her even more. He's also giving her an appetite stimulant to get her started eating again very slowly. I plan to take home and IV pump from my nursing lab to continue her IV fluids and IV pain meds at home tonight. I'll leave her IV in tomorrow just in case she needs more fluids. Good thing I'm a nurse. At least I will save the $ for another night in the vet emergency hospital. Don't know how much sleep I'll get though...

Becky
  • tenpets
    Options
    Eninad, Great job sticking to your plan!

My husband also loves to share the social aspects of eating with me and would love it if I didn't ever follow a particular eating plan. He enjoys having a variety of different meals every night rather than the same two alternating. But, he's supporting me (as always) and going along with it. My hubby loves me no matter my weight, so that makes it hard sometimes.

Hang in there!

Becky
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »
    Connie, I wondered about pet insurance, but we have 3 dogs and 3 cats. I think the premiums would be way to expensive. :/ Oh well. I just pray none of the others needs anything for a while!

It is so exciting that you are so close to starting your new home adventure. It will be lovely to pick out everything you want. I'm also excited to see how you do when you cut. What will your calories be each day during the cut phase?

I have my 3 week accountability session with pics and measurements and meal plan review next Wednesday. I pray for good results (even tiny ones!).

I think you may get discounts for multiple pets, but not sure how much. Since, I got it, he has not been ill...go figure. It does not pay for shots or routine stuff.

We will go to the design store to choose Friday, and I am excited and apprehensive at the same time. It's moving so quickly that I have not had a chance to wrap my head around it! It will take about 6 months to build so I'm thinking January which will gIve us time to clean out and give/throw away stuff that we have stored in this one. We really have to wait until it cools down to work in the attic, though.

When I cut, it will be in the 1800-1900 cal range.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @Eninad I think all this weight loss business is hard on hubbies. Mine has seen me through the good, the bad, and the ugly for 40 years! They love it that you are feeling better, your health is better, and with that "other" things get better, too. ;)

But along with your loss, they sometimes lose that social aspect of having someone to eat with especially when they can eat whatever they want and not gain. I remember having to prepare two meals..one for him/kids and one for me! I was always resentful when he brought stuff in the house that was not good for me, and I would end up sneaking in the kitchen to eat some. And I so hate the line "one won't hurt you." Yes. It. Will.

Now it is easier because he is type 2 diabetic, and we both benefit from a healthy way of eating. Plus, there are no kids in the house!

You are so right...I am doing the calorie reset ONLY because I was not losing and should have been given all the exercise and 1200-1400 cals I was eating. Since you are still losing, push on! You're doing a wonderful job! :) We are here for you!

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Becky -I hope your dog gets better soon, it so hard seeing them sick, its like its your child.

Connie -Somehow I missed you all buying the house, that will be fun picking all your things out.

I have bad news, this morning my sister was rushed from the nursing home to the hospital, her respiratory breathing was bad, turns out she has pnuemonia again. She just had it on June 1st, they are admitting her. This is the 4th place shes been since May 5, so upsetting, we were expecting her to come home on Friday, now who knows when that will hhappehappen. It seems I have had nothing but bad news to report mostly since around the end of April. Atleast I am not letting all this make me pig out, I am still fighting staying in the 170's, today I was back to 180. I looked at my food diary earlier today and I am not doing anything different other than eating alittle more calories, so I definitely know the problem, I will start losing again, I am tracking all my food still and have everyday since I started this in February last year. I just need to quit going over on my calories. Well gotta go, my daughter and grandson are on their way over. Thanks for listening. Janice