Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. Tell Jerry he shouldn't be chasing you around the house anymore. It's bad for your blood pressure ;). No more oysters for him. Right? I hope your knee feels better.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Monday!

Marie..I hope we hear from you soon letting us know how you are doing.

I have walked the dog very early this morning. The humidity was awlful as it is supposed to be 100+ today and the next few days. I've got a lot of housework to do today since we were out so much last week so that will be my exercise.

Make it a great day, losers and stay cool!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning misfit yes indeed I am better this morning. I am so thankful I did not break anything. I had a fairly good night sleep and really feel better than I did last night the kittens are having a ball this morning Thanks for your concern for me

Marie
    The
  • lovesretirement
    edited July 2015
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Good morning misfit yes indeed I am better this morning. I am so thankful I did not break anything. I had a fairly good night sleep and really feel better than I did last night the kittens are having a ball this morning Thanks for your concern for me

Marie
    The

So happy to see you, Marie! God is good all the time! B)
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Marie, So glad you are better today. As Connie said God is good all the time!
    So hot that I do not want to do anything outside!!!
    Time for exercise.
    Nancy
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning, friends! Everyone here seems to be doing well, with the exception of Marie and her falling!

Marie, I am so happy to hear you are okay after your fall! Your new kittens are adorable!! I am such a softie for any creature that is a baby <3

David and I had a very busy weekend with chores, visiting the grandbabies, starting the new eczema treatment for Emily (she's already doing much better!), and prepping meals for the week. Then on Sunday, the seven hour journey to Chantilly, VA to dismantle, load, tie down, and then return home with the swing set playhouse. The heat index was over 112 and Dave and I nearly sweat to death the three hours we were working on getting the swing set. Thank heavens our truck has great A/C for the 2.5 hour drive back home. We unloaded everything later in the afternoon when the heat index was more like 99. Icky, sticky heat.
    Now, I just need to clean it all, re-stain/waterproof everything, and then get it set up in the back yard.

We packed our mini meals and ate them on the way home. So, we did well staying on track with the meal plan I have. Although, I did miss one of the mini meals due to working on the swing set at that time. Not sure what the scale will say tomorrow, but I know I'm following the plan. So, we'll see. If there is a gain, I may have a panic attack! :s

This week is busy with work, personal training, doctor's appointment, a hair appointment, and working in the evenings on the swing set cleaning and staining. I may have to take our little Pom-Chi, Foxie, to the vet somewhere in the midst of the busy-ness this week. She is having stomach troubles since early Saturday afternoon. She was able to keep down water today, so I'll see how she does through the day having my son update me on her. Poor little thing.

Stay cool out there today if your weather is anything like it is here in MD!

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie we are heading for 100 today did not quite make it yesterday. Heat index did I know. Tho and it was hot
    Jusy washing to do today cook me a pot of pintos beans yesterday so have plenty to eat today.gonna make a cole slaw to go wit them. Done made mt tea. And about ready for a cold glass.
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Marie, glad you're okay <3. All is good here today. I'm going for a hike with my kids in a few minutes. I will try to post some pictures later.

Rosie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I see we have a new location, cool!

We got home from the retreat at Shanti Retreat on Wolfe Island in Kingston, ON. It was beautiful there and peaceful. Right on the St. Lawrence River. We arrived on Friday night, we took the 5 pm ferry and wanted the
    2pm but we had some hiccups getting there.

After we arrived on Friday night we had a dinner which was all vegetarian and very delicious. The Nutritionist there is the manager, her name is Lacey and the Yoga and meditation were done by Wendy and Darin the owners.
    We had a meet and greet to get to know the other guests there. We saw a movie on nutrition and Lacey did a talk about that with any questions. Not sure how many people but I would say at least 30 if not more. They had the main house and cabins, two ladies tented, they were sisters I guess to keep the cost down. Saturday morning breakfast was at 7am, a 45 min walk at 8am wit Darin outside the grounds, then Yoga with Wendy. Lunch was after that then a talk on meditation by Darin and a 20 min meditation. We did have some free time in between to do what you wanted. The rooms were nice and large and we had our own bathroom. Another session of Yoga with Darin. We had dinner after that and a workshop with Lacey the Nutritionist. She will be sending me their Newsletter as I gave them my email address. Sunday morning was a light breakfast, meditation walk on the grounds with Darin in a circle. He said this was the largest group they have had. He said we did well, sometimes
    its a train wreck. Yoga with Wendy after that and then a brunch. We didn't stay for the brunch we wanted to
    catch the ferry to get home.

Now doing laundry and catching up on things.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Becky, Sounds like you had a busy and very hot weekend.
    Glad you made it ok.
    Nancy

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley glad you found us.
    So glad you had a good time. at the. Retreat / I read about your daughter cat on the senior group what a shame and so scary.Something must have really came over that cat.

Well girls I made it thru the day. We let the kittens come in the back room where we stay and they enjoy it They slept on my lap or chest or eating or using the pottie. Busy cats .But so sweet. Gonna to put this computer to bed and goes watch a movie.
    <3 marie
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Here's a few pictures from our hike to the top of the Romona Dam. I had to wait by the pump station and the kids went up together. Needed the rest! Next time I'll get there, still hiked much further than I could have done a year ago and feel great now. That is progress. r6d7ekkjfskh.jpgmg112mpqqavt.jpg
    36o3wjq1hnb6.jpg

Rosie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Tuesday!

Rosie..your pics are lovely..um maybe not the spider so much, but lovely! Could that be a tarantula? :#

Marie..glad you are feeling better and loving your kitties!

Another scorching hot, humid day today! I am going to run errands in a few minutes. No body pump today..my body is tired so I did a yoga DVD this morning. My personal training is tomorrow so I want to have enough energy for that.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Feeling a little tired today but good. I have cleaning to do downstairs we are getting company for the weekend. I also
    have a doctor apt today, my usual check up.

I finished all the laundry and now to put it away.

Connie - Glad to see you are doing some Yoga with your cardio. Good job!

Marie - Your kittens are so adorable, enjoy them. I bet they keep you busy.

Rosie - Beautiful pictures of your hiking trip except the spider. EEEK!

Have a good day everyone, I am glad I found the group.

Shirley
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

make from the northwoods of Wisconsin. kids are doing great but tricky weekend. hard to be with the family and then go back to camp. my daughter gets to stay overnight with us on Saturday but my son needed to go back Saturday night which was really difficult. food choices are pretty difficult up there, lots of cheese curds and fried food. I tried to eat as on plan as I could. I did indulge a little, crazy good white chocolate covered caramel corn and smore popcorn. couple bites of really great ice cream. I will wait til tomorrow to weigh in.

marie, glad you are ok!!

connie, how is the house hunt?

rosie, I love hiking, beautiful pics.

Shirley, sounds like a great yoga weekend!

Becky, can't wait to hear about the week!! you are motivating everyone!!

Off to spin, sure this will be difficult this morning!!

have a great day everyone!!

Stephanie

ps, think we should start a loss thread on our misfit group as we are all still losing or trying to in my case:)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Rosie lovely pictures I am like Connie all but the spider But the rock around it are lovely so many different colors.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

miss my lab appointment yesterday , just slip my mind I got another one in the morning. We are off to the store.
    This morning. Don't really need anything except some fresh fruit and veggies.

Connie we are in for another hot one today. I Heard last night July 25 thru Aug 15 is our hottest Dog days of summer. Don't know why they called it that. But after that the days temperature starts going down . Looking forward to that.

stayed cools and be Happy
    Marie

• eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good Morning,

-Rosie, Great pictures.

-Marie, You are going to have some spoiled babies!!!

Another good day to stay inside!!!!

Nancy

• Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm chugging along. It's so hot in AZ, I really don't handle heat well and I knew I would stop walking in the afternoon and then in the morning as heat rose. In preparation, I got a recumbent bike. But, honestly it has been sitting in my living room getting a ride once or twice a week; so I made a challenge to use it at least 30 minutes each day last week. I was trying to walk 30 minutes before it got hot, I should replace that with 30 minutes of bike, right?

Last week was very successful. I really pushed myself. I did use the bike everyday. My minimum use was 30 minutes. My total miles for the week were 99.9. After I totaled it up I chuckled. Couldn't I have gone one more tenth of a mile for an even 100?

My hope is that when I get to the cooler fall weather I will do both.... the bike AND the walking and or maybe the biking will strengthen my legs enough that I might be able to jog some. I know that is still doing all cardio, but I really haven't been able to embrace the other types of exercise yet. They are in my "conquer these too" list. I have been pushing my mind to embrace how lifting even hand weights can really improve the body shape. In all the best success story after shots it's the ladies that lift that look the best to me. I'm planning on being a part of a successful after shot, so, lifting is... going to have to be embraced. I know my bat wings and vanity will eventually propel me to do it.

Just like I had to get rid of soda, add water... work on food options, learn portion sizes, challenge my movement options... it's all about progress not perfection. Adoption of new behaviors then adding the next one. I still have a very long road, but I'm making a new person right?

Sounds like everyone is also chugging along.

@CALIECAT Glad your fall wasn't too debilitating, your lovey cats making the day more joyful, the pinto beans ready to go, you're doing great.

@slw19 Dairy-central Wisconsin would be hard for me too. I LOVE cheese and really good ice creams, I'm pretty sure I'd be up in weight even with paying mind to choices.

@Shirley61 Reading about your retreat reminds me that I need to reintroduce Yoga as well. I recall last effort, there was a pretty big change in my weight simply from adding Salute to the Sun, some warrior poses, some twisting. When I started I could barely move or balance. I stopped when my WI console broke. I should get back to those basics.

@lovesretirement Your re-balance commitment is going to pay off. I might have to join you if/when I get stuck. This recent ramp up of activity I have not really added to the calories eaten. I need to remember the fuel. I've been staying light on calories and I know that can be a slippery slope. I'll burn out and I don't want to do that.

@italy10548 Hiking. I want to do some of that. I live in beautiful hiking country, as soon as it is not DEATH VALLEY temps. Although, I see tons of people outside when I drive by, I see people up on the trails in the middle of the Saturday heat.... more power to them, but I'll join when I won't collapse from heatstroke TYVM. LOL.

@tenpets That plan has shown positive effect so far for you, it seems like the investment has been worth it. I'll be following along. Good planning on the swing set drive regarding food and stuff. With so much going on some people procrastinate the planning stages (...by some people I actually mean me) So I'm happy to see you using that skill, it makes a difference for sure.

To all the misfits on their journey, thanks for checking in here and keeping the community feeling going. It helps everyone.
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday turned out to be a lot busier and more hectic than I had planned! It ended waaayyyy too late and with a killer headache to boot!

I started out tired from getting to bed late after our very busy Sunday. I got my breakfast and packed my meals for the day and ate well at work. Dashed to the gym after work, worked out hard, and then dashed home to feed the pets and make supper.

I got home to find out that my son misinterpreted my message to him early in the morning and he told the man doing the power washing of our house and garage to NOT do the garage! I was so frustrated that he didn't at least think it through and that it didn't make any sense why we wouldn't want the greenest part of the job to be done. He should have called me back to clarify. The headache began...

Then I fed the cats... all was well. Not so much with poor little Foxie. Her affect was even more depressed and she refused food. I put a little tuna liquid in some water and she completely refused. So not like my little piggy girl who will eat anything and everything if you would let her. Sigh. So, it was 6pm by this time and I called the vet (the office is near my work 45 minutes away).

Ugh, I have to run. I'll finish later!

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Eninad what a lovely post you posted. I think this community is a great one.

my son turn 63 today. Can't believe he is that old. he is my oldest. His two sisters are 58 and 61 That really makes me an old lady. they ought to still babies.

Becky what a day you are having. Hope thing quite down some soon

Marie