Body image catch-up

Options
2»

Replies

• m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I hear you and understand. I feel you look great but I also understand that your mother's words may make it difficult to hear that as a truth. It is common for people to feel what you are feeling.

Speaking in quotes is rarely anything less than annoying but the cold hard truth of "wherever you go, there you are" is one of the many pitfalls to being human. You can keep on losing weight. You can tone up. You can do whatever you want. But it won't matter because wherever you go, there you are. If you don't work through whatever it is you need to work through, it will follow you from size to size. So many of us think "if I could just have x then I wouldn't feel this way." Then we get whatever that is and oops, we still feel that way. You have to address the larger issue and for you that is a low self-esteem. That low self-esteem probably contributed to your weight gain in the first place. I was going to say "I would google ways to work on your self-esteem or set up a therapy appointment." But that isn't at all true. I have a very low self-esteem as well. I haven't googled any solutions. It was briefly mentioned in therapy but no solutions were discussed. If I could give myself advice, it would be that though. Do you suffer from anxiety at all?
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I'm ok, you're ok.

I'm there

There is some concept of self I don't see.

I have dated a few just stunningly gorgeous women. A few knew it well. The only thing we agreed on it seemed is that they were beautiful. A few had no notion of it really.

If I ever do get to look good, I don't want to act like those that know it.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @minties82 I'm right there with you (though I have to say, you have made an awesome transformation already). I know 27lbs isn't tons of weight, especially when I started off at 237. But I'm down to 210 and there is not much of a difference in my appearance in my opinion. Nor has anyone really seemed to notice the either. I'm still really proud of myself for the success so far...and other than some TOM binging I've struggled with this week...I'm motivated to keep going. I just wish there was more of aesthetic difference to show for it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »

I'm having a 2 week weightloss break and people think I have given up and failed, I feel like saying fark off to them, I look fabulous.

I KNOW! What is up with that!

People in my life, who had ZERO participation in the act of me losing weight, feel like they need to be my diet police. If I need to take a break, why is it their business? I know what I'm doing. Nobody said anything to me when I was pigging out on carbage for 17 years straight, getting fatter and sicker every year. Suddenly, if I take a diet break, even if it's only for one evening, they have to comment on it and criticize. NOW. When I have everything under control, and I'm the healthiest I've ever been. They make a huge deal about the fact that I ate a dessert once. My word! Shush yourselves, people. Ain't nun yo bidness. nono.gif

tumblr_moo1ml6hu81qhlomko1_500.jpg
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Being down around 50 pound (lost first 20 pounds CICO only) I still see myself as a fat boy. Going from BMI of 35 and clocking it at 27.3 yesterday on my Health-O-Meter scales yesterday I have decided while I have no BMI goal I have no desire to go below 25 or hang around with those who are below 25. That is a joke but I personally think most people are healthier and look that way too when at a BMI of around 25 +/-2 which also gives the lowest risk of death.