2»

Replies

• sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    That is fantastic! Good for you!
    MSDave wrote: »
    Maintaining while you are on vacation is a VICTORY!
    Thank you! I am one day down on vacation. I reset my goals to "lose 0.5 pounds per week" from "Lose 1.5 pounds a week" and with my exercise calories I stayed well within my calories yesterday. I wll be walking a lot and will be going swimming soon. As soon as I get home I will reset my goals back to where they were.
  • xmikeyw
    xmikeyw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    cdcllcga01 wrote: »
    Meaning a Scale Victory! I've officially moved to Onderland today - I don't have a very plush spot yet - just a starter lot at 199.6 WooooHooooo!!!! Drive. I have eyes on the place at 180 - nice digs - think I could maintain there, or maybe even do a little expansion.

I hope everyone is having as a great a Sunday as I am!!!!

congrats!!!

Good job!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all who are visiting new "lands". I am so pleased for all of you.

• heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Had to start wearing my wedding band on my opposite hand as it keeps falling off my finger. I guess my other hand didn't get the memo to lose weight yet. LOL.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Excellent for you! How long ago was it you last saw Onederland?

When I was 17.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Bought a patterned skirt today. I almost always wear plain navy or black. Heck, I'm 50 and pear shaped, it's not a secret. I may as well show off my curves !!!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • sunnyazgirl
    Options
    That is fantastic! Good for you!
    Maintaining while you are on vacation is a VICTORY!
    Thank you! I am one day down on vacation. I reset my goals to "lose 0.5 pounds per week" from "Lose 1.5 pounds a week" and with my exercise calories I stayed well within my calories yesterday. I wll be walking a lot and will be going swimming soon. As soon as I get home I will reset my goals back to where they were.

Well, it took a week but I am now down to just under my pre-vacation weight. I had gain 3 pounds four days after our return despite my best efforts but now I am back to pre-vaca weight!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This really is quite the roller coaster ride.
  • sunnyazgirl
    Options
    Congrats! This really is quite the roller coaster ride.
    Yes it is. Interesting, to say the least! Hopefully I won't have to deal with a larger gain when I am on a three week vacation in October! :o
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I'm still way, way out in Twoderland. I left Threederland last month. I'm just renting in Twoderland for now because I'm not planning to make this a permanent stop. I admit Twoderland is much nicer than Threederland.

Well done on getting into Twoderland
  • BBee5064
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Had to start wearing my wedding band on my opposite hand as it keeps falling off my finger. I guess my other hand didn't get the memo to lose weight yet. LOL.

Now that's a result :)
  • BBee5064
    Options

Bought a patterned skirt today. I almost always wear plain navy or black. Heck, I'm 50 and pear shaped, it's not a secret. I may as well show off my curves !!!

You go girl ;-)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Completed a 5K today in 50.16 minutes or 15.13 mph. Last year in the same event I took 1 hr 20 minutes at 25 mph (with shin splints), was 901/901. Today I was 598/859 and 19/39 in females of my age group. We ran the last 6 minutes with only a few short walk breaks, prob about 1/2 mile. This is the furthest I've run. Big victory for me, got to do it with a good friend I rarely see, and for a good cause, breast cancer.
  • golfmonk
    golfmonk Posts: 119 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    cdcllcga01 wrote: »
    Meaning a Scale Victory! I've officially moved to Onderland today - I don't have a very plush spot yet - just a starter lot at 199.6 WooooHooooo!!!! Drive. I have eyes on the place at 180 - nice digs - think I could maintain there, or maybe even do a little expansion.

I hope everyone is having as a great a Sunday as I am!!!!

Congratulations cdcllcga01 on reaching onederland!!

I have been there three times in my life: from birth to about 30, for a month or so in my earlier 50's and for over a year now in my mid-50's. I never (yet) got to my goal of 175, but going from 250 to 185 over a period of 5 years really took a lot of stress of my knees. I am maintenance mode now (with approval from my doctor) and ramped up the weight lifting to improve muscle tone.

I wish you, cdcllcga01, continued success in reaching 180; I have good feeling you will be there soon and I sure feel great as a result! Best of luck!!

And the best of luck to the people that go from threederland to twoderland is equally impressive. Everyone the participated in this thread should be proud of themselves!

Just a last small musing before I hit sleep city; In the last five years where I went from 250 to 193 back to 220 and then finally down to 185 which is a 65 pound loss. 65 pounds of _anything_ is heavy. Sometimes at the gym, I will carry a few plates equal that amount and it was hard to carry around even for one lap in the indoor track. And I was carrying that extra weight for years pretty much wreaking my knees because I am a kid at heart and sometimes an idiot.

So, get that weight off as best you can; make you body feel better; make you legs and knees feel grateful and to allow you movement to go out there and do the things you enjoy if it just by yourself or with our family or with your friends!

Enjoy life!!!

Enough of the rambling for one night. Long day as the gym and just finished watching PGA Tour golf on TV (well done Davis Love III). Good night all!

JB
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    BBee5064 wrote: »

Now that's a result :)
    A jeweler can put a "ring guard" on your ring. It is made of metal and fits inside the back of your band to make it smaller. It is somewhat springy so it will stay snug through multiple size drops if needed. I didn't know about these before, but I have two of them now. I don't want to get my rings resized until I get to goal weight because mutliple resizings can diminish the original line of the band.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    NSV: My dexterity has improved greatly. I used to have such difficulty opening packages and putting things back into containers. Not any more!