What food are you "crushing" on, now?

Options
13»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Mexican mayo. So much better than the standard "American" style. It's made with lime juice, so it's tangier and more flavorful. I could eat the stuff straight out of the jar...

It's usually found with the Mexican food stuffs at the grocery store, rather than with the rest of the condiments.

This sounds good! I wonder if I'll be able to find it up here. Our Mexican foods aisle is pretty pathetic with taco shells, retried beans and salsa. Boo.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Mexican mayo. So much better than the standard "American" style. It's made with lime juice, so it's tangier and more flavorful. I could eat the stuff straight out of the jar...

It's usually found with the Mexican food stuffs at the grocery store, rather than with the rest of the condiments.

Yum! Great tip! I have to go pin that right now and I'll be looking for it! Thanks.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    @ceciliaslater @nvsmomketo @jessicatroberts
    Try making your own mayo, you'll never go back! You can play with the type of oil, the acid used, the seasonings --- it's super easy, you can always have it fresh on hand, it tastes delicious, and no soy or canola funkiness to worry about.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    boohooboo wrote: »
    one rec for isopure zero carb protein powder. i have a tub of the vanilla, but i had the cookies and cream before. i think chocolate has 3 carbs per serving, but i have never tasted that so YMMV. caveat: i have always doctored up my protein drinks with cocoa powder. pb2, and other assorted things, so i have never had a problem with it.

http://smile.amazon.com/Natures-Best-Perfect-Isopure-Vanilla/dp/B000E95HP0/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1438122742&sr=1-1&keywords=isopure&pebp=1438122750956&perid=1YT95762FN6ESKRRRY5B

how does this taste, is it overly sweet? I was using a plant based protein then switched to isolate but the one I chose for like 5 times sweeter than the plant protein and took a lot of getting used to. I guess everyone's tastes probably vary so what is sweet to me might not be sweet to you. just curious your thoughts on it
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    Try making your own mayo, you'll never go back! You can play with the type of oil, the acid used, the seasonings --- it's super easy, you can always have it fresh on hand, it tastes delicious, and no soy or canola funkiness to worry about.

I am planning on trying it. Wish it lasted longer tho.
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options

I will have to try it. We raise our own chickens and the eggs are so much better than store-bought (plus, they're omega-3 supplemented). I wonder what kind of difference they would make to mayo...

We're trying to get better about doing more "homemade" stuff. I finally have a semi-functional garden. Most of my stuff was murdered by flooding earlier this year, but I have managed to grow several herbs, 70 tomato plants (might have gone overboard here), and peppers (30 or so jalapeno and habanero plants). Plus the chickens and guineas for fresh eggs. Looking at getting a goat or something for dairy. So many ambitions, so little time...
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Sriacha mayo...be still my heart.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Sriacha mayo...be still my heart.

That's good stuff!
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options

I second that! Make your own. I'm going to try using the lime juice instead and see what that's like! Our doesn't last long at all cause we love it soooo much better than store bought we use it for everything mayo-like. mayo, spread, dip, salad dressing, everything!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of doing that before. Huh. It DOES sound good.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    Roasted Macadamia nuts. They can sure add up the calories fast though...

Dr. Atkins loved macadamia nuts. He was always pushing them. How do you roast them? I get tired of them plain.

I get mine roasted or raw from an online site (Oh Nuts!) I have seen them at BJ's before so probably Sam's Club or Costco would have bigger bags.
  • Schmeggly80
    Schmeggly80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Chipotle Sea Snax!! Completely satisfies my salty/crunchy cravings with basically zero carbs. Pork rinds and I don't get along very well so Sea Snax are my go-to when that potato chip craving hits.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Rockfish is in season

I have been getting busy with that stuff the last few days

It has a slight lobster flavor

Yum!!!

I also had it for the 7.99$ wild Alaskan salmon

That stuff is sooooooo good