It's LCHF but...

Options
2»

Replies

• annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was desperate on a road trip for a stop and food. Two Burger King breakfast sammies with sausage minus all that bunnage. Fine. Greasy , fine. I never ate these when I was a carb person so it was a kind of fun sin. Back on the road with bunnage free fat in my belly.

I don't make this a habit.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I was desperate on a road trip for a stop and food. Two Burger King breakfast sammies with sausage minus all that bunnage. Fine. Greasy , fine. I never ate these when I was a carb person so it was a kind of fun sin. Back on the road with bunnage free fat in my belly.

I don't make this a habit.

Before LCHF a nice lazy breakfast was DD 2 Angus beef, egg & cheese on a bagel with a box of Munchkins on the side but I did make sure I washed it down with diet soda. :)

Now I could get by with the same order except " Hold the bagels, Munchkins & can I have a large Water instead of soda"

• toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Ugh - this is so on topic for me. I had a Jamaican Beef Pattie (okay 2) and some macaroni and cheese today at a place that Yelp raved about because I was going near there for a job interview. I LOVE Jamaican Beef Patties but these tasted so wrong - very sweet. I could not tell the mild beef from the jerk chicken and the macaroni and cheese was so plastic. Yes, I ate it and yes, I should have thrown it all away after the first bite. I guess I can cross this off the list of foods I think I miss.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I eat real naturally occurring food

Fake processed and fake flavor laden things are disgusting

I'm fat adapted enough I just skip the meal if it is crap.

I'm still fat enough to miss many a meal!!

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    Ever since going carnivore, I have been supremely disappointed by restaurants' burgers. :lol:

Seriously, even places like Red Robin, who I once thought had huge burgers, are disappointing to me now. Once you strip away all the additives, the burger that's left is pretty sad indeed. Definitely a case of the whole being better than the sum of its parts.

Lord yes. Red Robin minus sugar (all the sauces and the bun) is kinda BLAH. Not worth the calories, imho.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Ever since going carnivore, I have been supremely disappointed by restaurants' burgers. :lol:

Seriously, even places like Red Robin, who I once thought had huge burgers, are disappointing to me now. Once you strip away all the additives, the burger that's left is pretty sad indeed. Definitely a case of the whole being better than the sum of its parts.

Lord yes. Red Robin minus sugar (all the sauces and the bun) is kinda BLAH. Not worth the calories, imho.

Makes me glad we have a local place called FlipSide. Local, grass fed meat (including bison and lamb!), 7oz patties, unless otherwise specified (one of the burgers is two of those patties!). They also typically default to the more traditional types of toppings -- peppers, cheeses, mushrooms, etc. -- instead of this novelty type stuff that's all the rage (onion rings/straws/petals, etc). That is a burger joint worthy of the name.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options

Makes me glad we have a local place called FlipSide. Local, grass fed meat (including bison and lamb!), 7oz patties, unless otherwise specified (one of the burgers is two of those patties!). They also typically default to the more traditional types of toppings -- peppers, cheeses, mushrooms, etc. -- instead of this novelty type stuff that's all the rage (onion rings/straws/petals, etc). That is a burger joint worthy of the name.

Wish I was in Columbus for that one!! Menu looks amazing!
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have a roadtrip planned for Ohio either this Fall or next Spring. I will definitely check-out FlipSide.