Any bike riders out there up for a mini challenge?

Options

Replies

• ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    12.25 miles in the darn rain!! LOL
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,428 Member
    Options
    No riding yesterday , today or tomorrow. Helping our daughter set up her first grade classroom for her kids who will pile in on Wednesday the 12th. So much to do! The cleaning crew piled everything in the middle of the room when the kids went on summer break!! Crazy!

Back on the bike Saturday.

Chris
  • mommyknits
    mommyknits Posts: 166 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    CompM wrote: »
    @mommyknits That's great! What type of bike are you excited about?

@CompM I currently rude a 30 year old Mountain Bike. LOL. I'm looking at some of the hybrids. Last week I tested out a Cannondale. I've looked at a great looking Giant but haven't taken it for a spin. Also looking at a Trek and.... My husband and I are planning on a tour of at least 3 bike shops tomorrow so I can give them all a test ride. :-))

• ShansGotGoals
    edited August 2015
    Options
    2 days no riding and looks like I may not be able to ride tomorrow either! I will have alot of miles to make up to reach my goal!
    Miles to date: 39.85
    Miles to goal: 160.15
  • mommyknits
    Options
    I got my new ride!!! Now to set a goal. Next week, I probably can't ride much. :-((. I have to be out with kiddo #1 every night.

t1qpkrtuu29z.jpg
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I did 43 miles on my bike at the gym this week ( 4 different 60-70 min workouts or 10-12 miles each)
  • ShansGotGoals
    Options
    11 miles today. When I set my original goal I forgot to factor in the heat & humidity!! Good Lord it's miserable out there. But I still rather be outside.....

Beautiful bike @mommyknits. You'll definitely feel the difference between that and your old mountain bike! Good Luck
  • ShansGotGoals
    Options
    @nannersp61... nice job last week it up. We got this!!
  • CompM
    CompM Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Went on my first multiday camping/'broken century' this weekend. ~250 riders, 70.3 miles Saturday, 43.4 miles Sunday, and an easy 20-minute spin on my trainer for recovery yesterday. 15 miles for today, and gearing up for my first true 100-mile event in 3 weeks. Cycling rocks :) The other nice thing is, my fiancee is also losing weight just from the calorie burn without drastically changing diet yet!

@mommyknits, congrats on the bike! Looks good.
  • mommyknits
    Options
    Way to go @CompM Long rides like that still do amaze me.

I'm going to try and shoot for 50 km on my new bike by the end of August. Of that, I've done 8.71km so far. 41.29km left. I know it's a tiny goal but I'm starting out small. This week, unfortunately, I probably won't ride until the weekend. I'm at the dance studio with my daughter every night. But while I'm there, I do my Bootcamp or Zumba workouts while I wait and I'm also doing a daily Tap Dance Bootcamp - we tap for 1 hour and 15 minutes each day this week. So I"m doing other stuff while my bike is waiting for me. My husband is getting a hitch installed on his SUV this week and then we'll add a bike rack so we can all go to explore some of the great bike trails we have around as a family. Pretty excited.

Great job @shangates92 :-)
  • ShansGotGoals
    Options
    20.77 miles this morning.....I shoulda just pushed it to 21 but still happy with this. Note to self definitely ride in the morning. Really having fun riding and exploring.
    @CompM....I'm starting to think maybe you are a little cray cray!! Lol....jealous of that though, nice job. Congrats to finance on his weight loss.
  • CompM
    Options
    One of my favorite things about cycling is that everyone in our family is old enough to do it, so it's a wholesome activity. We've got some pretty decent trails close by the house as well.
  • ImNayNay69
    ImNayNay69 Posts: 10 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I do stationary bike every morning before work while I drink my coffee and check my email, log my food, Facebook and things like that. I was doing around 45 mins every morning but now I'm down to 20 or 30 (about 6 to 8 miles) due to back pain I've been fighting with the last few weeks. Trying to let it heal and build back up or at least not lose everything I've gained over the last few months. I'm determined I can still do this! Nice to see so many other riders too. I seldom get out on my bike because I don't like going alone.
  • mommyknits
    Options
    CompM wrote: »
    One of my favorite things about cycling is that everyone in our family is old enough to do it, so it's a wholesome activity. We've got some pretty decent trails close by the house as well.

We're getting a hitch and a bike rack installed tomorrow. While we can go on a few short rides without hitting too much traffic, there aren't too many options. But in easy drive my distance we have lots of easy trail riding options that are perfect for the whole family. I'm determined to get them all out there in a regular basis. Perfect family thing to do.

• mommyknits
    Options
    @ImNayNay69 great way to incorporate exercise into the morning routine. Real multi-tasking. :-))
  • CompM
    Options
    20.77 ...Really having fun riding and exploring.
    @CompM....I'm starting to think maybe you are a little cray cray!! Lol....jealous of that though, nice job. Congrats to finance on his weight loss.
    Didn't even see this post for some reason (and mine is right under yours, haha). Don't get addicted to cycling like I did! My wallet is much lighter than it used to be since I caught the bug. I think the ones who are in love with the sport have to be a little crazy, because there's so much suffering involved. >:) Glad you're having fun though, there's just something about 2 wheels and a light breeze that feels heavenly! Also, my fiancee is a lady and I'll pass the message. :)

Today: 24 miles
    Tomorrow: Rest Day
  • ShansGotGoals
    Options
    So my "long ride" the other day has sidelined me for a cpl days. But I am not giving up. Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • mommyknits
    Options
    So my "long ride" the other day has sidelined me for a cpl days. But I am not giving up. Keep up the great work everyone!!!

What happened? Hope you're okay and no, don't give up!!

• ShansGotGoals
    Options
    Yes I should be fine just reaggravated a previous injury that I have been dealing with since I got off the crutches. It's just annoying!!!
  • CompM
    Options
    15 miles at century pace, fighting the wind on my way back :(